+1 vote

Extended cinematic universe spoof way. 

Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega had Shah Rukh Khan & Sana Saeed appearing as father-daughter duo from Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. Shah Rukh's Rahul is mentally ill post losing his wife & Rani's Pooja Oberoi in the film attracts Rahul's attention as she resembles his dead wife Tina which eventually cures his mental illness, to have him reunite with Pooja in the end. 

Heyy Babyy had Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge crossover with Anupam Kher & Shah Rukh Khan reprising their father-son characters, Dharmavir Malhotra & Raj Malhotra respectively. Supposedly, Dharamvir is still searching for a suitable bride for Raj & is interested on Vidya Balan's Isha Saini. Eventually Raj signs off after being the convinced by Akki's Arush. 

Additional Trivia
Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega [2000] Heyy Babyy [2007]
It is the remake of Malayalam film Chandralekha [1997] directed by Priyadarshan starring MohanLal in the lead opposite Sukanya & Pooja Batra. 

Anil Kapoor appeared in the cameo as mental patient. The role Shah Rukh did in Hindi.

Sanjay Dutt appeared in the cameo as mental patient in 1998 Telugu remake. 
It is the remake of Malayalam film Thoovalsparsham [1990] which in turn was the remake of Three Men and a Baby [1987]. 

This has been remade twice in Tamil & once in Telugu before being remade in Hindi. 

Anil Kapoor cameo scene in Chandralekha [1997 - Malayalam]

Sanjay Dutt cameo scene in Chandralekha [1998 - Telugu]

asked in Cinematic Discussion by All Time best! (279k points)
99% Accept Rate

4 Answers

+2 votes

Best answer

That baba scene was very nice. And keen observation Suhas

Salman and SRK always look epic on screen. SRK looked so good back in the day, his hairstyle being the best of the lot.

answered by Assistant Director (40.5k points)
selected ago by
+1 vote

Liked the baba sequence more than Anil Kapoor one

answered by Super-star (170k points)
+1 vote

I remember watching Hey Baby ads on tv back in 2007. The ads for this song and SRK being in it always made me excited to see the movie. It is a superstar's entry too, from the way he is built up to how everyone looks at him.

I read that SRK was offered this movie before Akshay. IDK if that's true, but I still feel like Akshay was the best choice for this role.

BTW, does SRK have a proper cameo in HDJPK or only the bit that you posted?

answered by Executive Producer (66.3k points)
+2

I just posted the last bit.

He has a scene first where he'll appear in the hospital as a mental patient. Even Sana aka Anjali from KKHH is there. They changed the Anil Kapoor / Sanjay Dutt sequence to hospital scene.

Unlike the regional versions, he doesn't come to the house. He instead comes to the ward Rani is admitted. Because she resembles his dead wife Tina (Rani in KKHH).

This particular scene was there on YouTube which is removed owing to copyrights issue. You can check it out on Shemaroo's YouTube channel though where they have uploaded the entire film as well as film in parts.

thanks for the info.

0 votes

just saw HDJPK yday 1st time , movie was okayish songs were good and what was shakti doing ?????

answered ago by Location Scout (4.2k points)

Related questions

+5 votes
3 answers 86 views
86 views asked Dec 17, 2013 in Archived by SULTAN Production Designer (13.8k points)
+4 votes
3 answers 114 views
114 views asked Dec 2, 2014 in General by Sanal Star (160k points)