Best -- Sairat  Sanju Raazi Raid

Worst --  Zero JHMS  Good news 2.0

Choices:
< 5 (2 votes, 33%)
5-10 (1 vote, 17%)
10-20 (1 vote, 17%)
20-30 (0 votes)
>30 (2 votes, 33%)
asked in Cinematic Discussion by Location Scout (4.2k points)
81% Accept Rate
+1

Your answer hurt me more too.

And you made a best & worst list. Worst mein Race 3 kidhar hai? How can you disrespect the list itself without mentioning the honourable entry? You people always are biased towards worst films.

Anyways to give you a context, 2017 alone I watched 87 films in theater, 58 films in theater in 2018 & 41 films in theater in 2019. Infact 2020 before lockdown itself I had watched 7 films in theater.

This is only theater counts. Adding to that, watching films at home. Anything less than 200 is a miracle.

lmao 87 movies in a year

ghar par to me bhi vaise bahut saari dekhta hun

btw i watched race 3 and enjoyed it tbh the one i found really painful to sit were zero 2.0 jhms and recently good news(

Yup 87 films in theater. Just ticket amount without tax I had spent over 20k that year. Newly shifted to bengaluru from my hometown. Getting used to living alone took a toll. I had watched 3 back to back films on a Saturday after half day at work. The whole "ghar mein jaake karna hi kya hai" feeling.

Before lockdown, I have watched 597 films in theater in my entire life. Was good fun compiling the list. I should go back around 12-13 years for me watching less than 10 films in a year. Ofcourse, before that there are years without watching a single film in theater during school days. The movie watching madness started in college only.

And to your last line....

I've watched Race 3 twice (price to pay for over confidently pre-booking tickets for two days), dil pr patthar rakh kar bhi I won't be able to say what you have said there.

You a friend of Charlie Jatinder from our forum? Because you & him are the only ones who have bashed Good Newwz, otherwise almost everybody I know have praised it. Ofcourse yet to watch it myself but I kinda have good expectation from that film unlike a Housefull 4.

i now prefer watching movie in home
but i would have definitely crossed your figure by good margin

in 11th 12th alone i would have watched 200 movies half my tution classes were in theatre only
and then 4 year btech again more than 200 movies more
but allthem were between 30-50 rs price

now
Good newzz i hate for multiple reazons it got reviews like sholay on social media wasted 280 on that crap and then to tolerate kareena for 2-3 hours
trust me hf4 better than that crap i slept in theatre in last 30-40 minutes

and regarding race 3 and thugs its just everyone jumping on bandwagon

4 Answers

+2 votes

Best answer

Including Hollywood...On an Average 80-100 movies /year in theaters....not including any streaming/online ones....
my best would be 2017(Oct)-18(Nov) where definitely 120-140 movies in theaters (including repeat watch).....where I used to go almost every other/second day!!!!

answered ago by Unit Manager (32.2k points)
selected ago by

140 movies in a year in multiplex
how much money you spent on cinema in that year ?

+1

and that was/is the best part....
In US they started a new subscription - Moviepass ..where u just need to pay 10 dollars a month and u can watch 1 movie a day....so 2017-18 spent only 120 dollars for 120+ movies.....and no doubt Company went bankrupt!!!!!

But now/currently I pay 24$ a month for AMC chain...where I can watch 3 movies a week/12 a month...and any format...IMAX/3D etc....but only in AMC theatres.....
In addition to that I took another subscription for 12$ a month for remaining chain United/Regal (but only Standard format)...
So in total I am paying fixed 36$ a month to watch any movie any theater any time!!!

+1 vote

I only watch movies of Megastar and other top superstars today i.e Akshay Ranbir Ranveer
Baaki i do not have fokat money to waste on other chindi stars

answered by Set Designer (2.3k points)

Matlab seedha sawaal ho tab bhi jawaab ulta dena hota hai?

this is normal answer i think and anyway even when i give simple answer sallu fans spam my answer with comments

@saaransh it would be nicer if you had mentioned the number too in your answer. You just explained what / whose films you watch, good. The question particularly asks how many films a year.

its the same count number of akshay ranbeer ranveer and 1 or 2 here and there so around 8-10

+1 vote

Depends. Mostly its somewhere between 7 to 12 for me every year. 4 or 5 I have to watch....the rest I'm dragged along by family/friends etc.

answered by Super-star (170k points)
+1 vote

2 to 3 movies in theater...........

answered by Production Designer (12.6k points)

Related questions