+1 vote
For batting my choices would be Sachin, Dravid and Ponting. Ultimately I would choose Ponting, he is a pretty good coach, can mentor on both defensive and attacking cricket, excellent man to have.

For fast bowling, I would choose either of Wasim Akram or Glenn Mcgrath. Really tough choice there, but I would choose Wasim.......he knows it all.
asked in Non-Bollywood by Super-star (170k points)
77% Accept Rate

reshown by

Sachin and was..

2 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

AB Devilliers

To learn nuances.....

I'll ask him to teach me his versatility, going from blockathon to save test matches to make bowlers bury their head on ground in limited overs cricket.

Then how to change gears in a matter od deliveries, going from milking the bowlers in middle session to drying their whole milk out during the death.

Also how to take those flying catches which should be nearly impossible humanely.

Also i love is stance which allows him to have a brilliant defence technically which also set him in position to play one ball into different areas.

I mean it take one for step for either giding the ball to square or bashing it over mid wicket.
And in turn if could also somehow learn how to send a 140 kmph+ near yorker or a head threatening beamer on the top of the roof of the stadium, they would be nice too.
Also fot all his flamboyance..... His one shot which he played in his incredible innings in 2018 in post Elizabeth, that tremendous six of Pat Cummins bowling where he shuffled just a bit and with a quick movement of his wrists sent that short delivery over the fence.....That's one of my favourite shot of his, i would also want to learn that.
As a bowler, well i would try to just aim at the base of the stumps, no matter what era, Yorker is the best thing. I'll try to learn yorkers, fast accurate yorkers.

Also swing

And seam

And bouncers

I'll just find out as many bowlera as i can and learn their tricks.

answered by Mega Star (224k points)
selected by

Have a look at them too MJ, proper test batting, enough to get the idea. Have seen bat live in England, has an average of 42 with 7 50's and 2 100's in those conditions too.

yaar he is good he is great he is a maverick in loi cricket and very good in tests too and universally loved but what i am saying is simply he is not in a company of lara sachin richards bradman
this is not understating him but the above list is a highly coveted

Bradman is an anomaly for me, yeah that average is commendable, but most of those runs came against substandard bowlers, the others you mention are the real deal. So we get down to making a list of all time legends, he will figure there. I had said this before too, he is somewhere in the middle of the 90s era and the current era.

even i think same in Bradman case though he played on dificult pitches , i will anyday pick lara or sachin over him but he was unquestionably biggest cricketing legend of that era and enormously better than others
ABD may be in any era but to say he is on par with lara sachin and others is simply ridiculous for how much of a special talent he is

0 votes

My choice is Dravid and McGrath

answered by Location Scout (4.2k points)

Yeah Dravid is an excellent choice too, but imo Ponting is the man to go if you wish to learn some attacking cricket. He knows both ways equally well. As for bowling, yeah MCG is a master

i think dravid or sachin and mcgrath .

+1

in a mentor role i can pick ponting but for coach i will pick dravid, he is a hardworker and grounded guy the one which can work with youngsters along them

yes you are right..............

Related questions

+5 votes
8 answers 163 views
+6 votes
3 answers 142 views