+1 vote

Happy Birthday to Madhuri Dixit

She's a superb actress and very versatile with a pretty face. It was a struggle from the start with Flops but she became a star overnight with Tezaab which emerged a Blockbuster. Her was stardom was huge from 1988-1997 with 10 Blockbusters including ATBB, 5 HGOTY, 1 HGOTD and Bumper Openers.

I consider her my all-time favourite actress and I don't think any heroine will ever have the same success like her. That's why she's the last remaining female superstar.

Once again Happy Birthday and may she give more successful movies including another Blockbuster.

Image may contain: 1 person, closeup

Favourite songs

Ek Do Teen -- Tezaab

Tamma Tamma Loge -- Thanedaar

Dekha Hai Pehli Baar -- Saajan

asked in Cinematic Discussion by Unit Manager (35.3k points)
100% Accept Rate

7 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

The biggest female superstar in her prime from late 80s to mid 90s she
was the main leading star of the movie , sabko muft ki blockbusters mili thi uske kaaranI mid 90s tak

She dominated Aamir in Dil, Anil in Beta, Sanju+ Sallu in Saajan, Salman in HAHK and then Her phase between 1988-1995 was a GOAT female star phase.Also she got the most credit for HAHK Beta Raja Saajan (courtsey Bollywood analyst answer)

answered by Art Director (2.7k points) 1 flag
selected by

Can u translate hindi writing in papers?

Title says Madhuri dxit the actress who eats the hero raw / alive in her movies

After winning the strike(baazi) from her costars in the movies like beta(from anil kapoor ) hahk (salman ,)dil (aamir)and saajan(sanjay and salman ) , actors are now scared of doing movies with her.

Salman did not recover completely after being thrashed by sanjay dutt and madhuri in saajan , receives another shock in HAHK as madhuri takes away all the credit and completely overrides him and get all audiences appraise.Actors are now scared of doing movies with her as she takes away the credit.

Madhuri dominated srk in anjaam, dtph, and devdas. Kajol dominated srk in all her films with him. Aamir has never been dominated by anyone. In dil both were equally goods.

@abhay dil main amir mo pura kha diya tha madhuri ne bacha lag raha tha amir aur raja hindustani main karishma kapoor ne dominate kiya tha us time har newspaper main ye ata tha ki movie ka nam rani hindustani hona chahiye tha sirf srk ke kheelaf comments karne ka isliye kuch bhi mat likho

Srk ko khaya tha madhuri new anjaam main. . Pehle ye accept kar tu.

@Abhay pahle Anjaam dekh...srk was one of the most deadliest villain in history....sab jagah hagg dene se tere julaab band nahi honge....movie didnt work because people didnt like srk in out n out villain role...people was expecting some negative shades like bazigar darr....waise madhuri kiaansoo bane angare jisme double role tha pani tak nahi manga tha box office per

Haklane se koi deadliest villain nahi ho jaata. Jake earth dekh negative acting kya hota hai Pata chalega. Waise Maduro outshone him in anjaam.

Earth kitne logo ko pata hai wo pehle jakar dekh anjam srk ki movie bolte hai madhuri ki nahi mungoos jaise shkal karne se negative acting nahi hoti negative acting kis ko bolte hai na jakar darr bazzigar aur anjam dekh earth perth mat kar

Abhay, Earth was amazing in terms of Aamir's acting. But SRK is tremendous in negative roles too. I haven't seen too much of Anjaam. But he rocked Darr, Baazigar and Don2.

Madhuri ke saath ek hit nahi de paya jo diya wo multistarrer thi. Koyla me to side hero tha madhuri ka. At least Aamir had equal and powerful role in dil.

Kyo joke mar raha hai bhai dil main amir se jyada powerful role to anupam kher ka tha aur dil main amir supporting actor tha main hero madhuri hi thi aur rahi dil to pagal hai ki bat to usme srk ko filmfare award mila hai best actor ka aaj bhi dil to pagal hai ka nam liya to rahul nam to suna hoga ye dialogue yaad ata hai dil ka dum dum nahi aur koyla bumper opener thi comedian

Aur koyla me srkay se jaida powerful role amrish Puri ka tha yahi kehna chahta hai tu. Bumper opener madhuri aur rakesh Roshan ke wajah se this. Dil ka director ka Naam BHI kisi ko pata nahi hai. Dil Aamir ke wajah se chalice sab jaante hai.

Dil amir ke vajah se chali thi itna bada joke tu hi comedian mar sakta hai koyal se pehle madhuri ki 6 movies aayi thi ek bhi good openers nahi thi aur achanak koyla madhuri ki vajah se bumper opening ho ho gayi kamal ka hai tu comedian bhai aaj bhi dil movie madhuri ki movie bolte hai dil main madhuri ko best actress ka award mila tha amir ko kya mila babaji ka thullu q

Aamir can give big hits with small director while srkay rely on Kajol and big directors.

Karan johar aditya chopra farah khan ye sab naye director the jo srk ke vajh se bade hui hai srk ko inhone bada nahi kiya agar amir ka khandan industry main nahi hota to amir aai la bolkar kahi baitha hota self made superstar hai srk worldwide icon hai jitne log srk ko jante hai na unmese 10% bhi amir ko nahi janta hoga comedian

are dont fight under my answer let me end it

srk is retired now no hits in 5/6 years
and aamir lol 12-13 hits in 30 years
its good that BOI kicked him outta top 10 biggest stars officially
aamir should not be called a superstar when he does not has any fan following and stardom

now stop fighting below my answer go somewhere else

Abe papitte Raja k baad madhuri ki sirf 4 successful rahi hai aur sari srk k sath baki sab flop thi....koyla, dtph, hths aur devdas....lekin raja k baad srk ka recod dekh.....aur anjam se pahle bhi srk ne bazigar darr, khkn jaisi hi fime de thi wohi madhuri ne sangeet aanso bane angaray jaisi flopfilme di thi...haan yeh sahi salman aur aami ko madhuri ne khaya tha dil ay hahk me...kyu ki dil aur hahk se pahle do ki filme flop ho rahi thi..neither opening no life tiime....

@intense do watch anjaam it was very underrated performance of srk due to failure of movie and hide under succes of bazigar and darr...I liked vijay agnihotri of anjam more than bazigar and darr but director has killed his charcter in second half....

Abe lichi Aamir itna bada star hai ki uski flop film bhi aajkal 137cr kamati hai aur srk ki flop 65cr se 80cr.keep living in past. Waise Aamir ne srkay ki so called best phase me usko aukad dikha diya tha in 2005 when paheli and mp released.

+2 votes

she was a all rounder and one of the greats of hindi cinema.

answered by Production Designer (13.2k points)
+2 votes

Well i don't like her much. It's hard to pinpoint why. Though I did find her sexy in Raja.
Maybe it has to with HAHK. Though it's Salman's biggest blockbuster, I could never really like it the way I like HSSH.

Anyway she has more blockbusters than many of the stars. She gave Akki his highest grosser in DTPH. Must be lucky to be associated with a real blockbuster once in life!

answered by Assistant Director (40.9k points)
+1 vote

Excellent actress, amazing dancer. And such a beautiful woman. Indeed the last female superstar.

answered by Super-star (172k points)
+1 vote

Queen of Bollywood Etheral beauty and the biggest female superstar ever also my favourite actress of all time

answered by Location Manager (5.3k points)
edited by
0 votes

Wish she had another hit with any non star male actor other than Raja

answered by Editor (88.1k points)
–1 vote

Yah she is the last female superstar I think she is no 1from 1990 to till 97 because sridevi last big hit film was chandni 89 after that her films flopped badly like lamhe 91 khuda gawah 92 ropi ki rani 93 so she is nowhere to compete Madhuri in 90s ha she is no 1 in 80s no doubt about. Juhi somehow comes near Madhuri in 93 like films aaina, hhrpk, lootere, darr all films successful but in 94 all changes towards Madhuri with hakhk 94

answered by Costume designer (1.1k points)
+1

@Nikeel have you seen Tridev & Ram Lakhan ?
As for as i have seen in Tridev Madhuri had the least important role of Sunny's love interest & she was hardly there is a few scenes on the other hand the other two actresses Sonam & Sangeeta both had much more important roles & more screen time but it was all about the three males Sunny, Jackie & Naseer's show aka Tridev..
Same was the case of Ram Lakhan other than playing the love interest of Anil she was not the centre of attraction it was all about Anil & Jackie aka Ram Lakhan & even Rakhi as mother had more screen time & important role ..
But she had rise to fame with movies like Tezaab, Beta, Dil & Saajan ..
Her strongest act was in Khalnayak, Anjaam & Mrityudand ..

+1

bhai maduri was no.1 star from 1994 to 1995......between raja to dtph she has given 7 flop except koyla which again has biggest star of that era....other hand sridevi was no.1 star till 1992-1993....record opner khuda gawah, excellent opener gurudev, gumrah in 1993...while madhuri record opener was khalnayak but sahibaan, aansoo bane angare, sangeet turned disaster which was not even open with decent response...so khalnayak was riding on shoulder of male actors but when it comes to carried out on her own shoulder she failed badly...and whatever till 90-91 bumper were because of multistarrer where she was just part of the movie like sonam tridev, dimple ram lakhan, kishan kanhaiya- shilpa shirodkar etc....

+1

@Irdhwelp.....even in tezab she was love interest of Anil kapoor but 1,2,3 song made her star....in khalnayak she has very good role but opened because of showman subhash ghai legacy and sanjay dutt stardom after saajan sadak with help of choli ke piche song..

Yup the songs of Saajan - Tu shayar hai, Tezaab - 123, Beta - Dhak dhak, Khalnayak - Choli ke piche made her a diva & dancing sensation ..
Sridevi single handedly made Nagina a hit ...
Sridevi was the last actress who was taking the central character like Chandini & Nagina ...

Related questions

0 votes
16 answers 575 views
575 views asked May 3 in Bollywood by saaransh Art Director (2.7k points)
+2 votes
3 answers 319 views
319 views asked May 15, 2017 in General by Rancho Assistant Director (51.2k points)