+5 votes

Share your experience of watching JURASSIC PARK [1993] for the very first time. 

Where did you watch this film for the first time? In theater or at home?

How did you come to know about this movie?

If you haven't watched it yet, are you planning to watch it in near future?

The first time I watched this film was in the theater. The family had taken me to experience this as it was promoted as never seen before must watch film. The first time, I was pretty scared of watching this & as per my family members, I watched much of the film, hiding under the seat. 

Original Trailer -

asked in Non-Bollywood by All Time best! (281k points)
100% Accept Rate

Say what again..... Bhojpuri movie?????

Are you crazy?? Have you lost your mind? do you know which movie are we talking about?? Have you left your brain in the grocery strore sink?? What are you on?? Cheap stuff?? I mean what is going on??

7 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

One of my All Time favorite.

Now first time i watched it was on either star plus or gold.
I started from the scene whose English translation would be.....
Volunteer Boy : That doesn't look very scary. More like a six-foot turkey.

Dr. Alan Grant : A turkey, huh? OK, try to imagine yourself in the Cretaceous Period. You get your first look at this "six foot turkey" as you enter a clearing. He moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing his head. And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Velociraptor. You stare at him, and he just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side,
[makes 'whoshing' sound]

Dr. Alan Grant : from the other two raptors you didn't even know were there. Because Velociraptor's a pack hunter, you see, he uses coordinated attack patterns and he is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this...
[he produces raptor claw from his pocket]

Dr. Alan Grant : A six-inch retractable claw, like a razor, on the the middle toe. He doesn't bother to bite your jugular like a lion, say... no no. He slashes at you here, or here...
[he lightly 'slashes' across the kid's body with the raptor claw]

Dr. Ellie Sattler : Oh, Alan...

Dr. Alan Grant : Or maybe across the belly, spilling your intestines. The point is, you are alive when they start to eat you. So you know, try to show a little respect.

Volunteer Boy : OK.
And it was incredible, i already had interest in dinosaurs and prehistoric stuff, so this movie was like tailor made for me, and it did not disappoint one bit.
Absolutely loved it.

Also i consider the first ever visual of Brachiosaurus as one of the greatest scene in cinema history, then that Trex Breakdown and raptors in the kitchen and so much more..!!

And the score..... It's score is absolute perfection.

And it has the best title drop of any movie in history.

Dr Grant, My Dear DR Sattler.......... Welcome To Jurassic Park..!!

This title drop and then that music swelling along with full view of herd of dinosaurs..... MAGIC, PURE CINEMATIC MAGIC..!!
I also reviewd it in this post, it was my first ever review in this forum.

http://forums.itsboxoffice.com/396525/favourite-winners-announced-participants-valuable-efforts

answered by Mega Star (225k points)
selected by

Wait a minute. Where the frock was I when this grand review post was made!

+2 votes

saw it in 2017, because I thought of watching all the JP movies finally. it was average, didn't watch the rest.

though I do remember a friend of my mom's had lent her CD of this movie for us to watch. i never did watch it though.

answered by Executive Producer (66.8k points)
+1

I could block you right now and hide all your activities and then delete those activities and then delete your account and remove every last trace of you in this forum for saying this.

But i won't

I won't
Maybe.........

+2 votes

I believe my first Hindi Dubbed movie on Big Screen!!!
Watched it at Savitri Cinema (My Home),GK II New Delhi....was kind of surprised - first of all because of Hollywood film in Hindi and secondly to see all that VFX/Dino's in real life!!!!...
Went twice in the same week.....as I was really mesmerized by it!!!.....
It was fun experience...may be one or two scary moments for the sound effects/bgm!!!....

answered by Unit Manager (32.5k points)
+1 vote

watched it at home..... its a hazy memory ..... watched it on that large cassette ....what do you call that....on VCR .... i remember few scenes...... remembered them throughout the years.....
that herbivore dinos running, grant and two kids with him, t rex eating one .... kids eating jelly ....that i remember..... and also the opening scene of cow i remember that as well..... i dont remmeber who i watched it with ..may be cousins....
it was probably one of the first films i ever watched ....if not the first.

answered by Super-star (166k points)
+1 vote

Watched it first time in school, we requested our computer teacher to show a movie and he played this one but only till the period ended. The scene I still recall was the one we saw Dino poop and word badi Chipakli used for Dinosaur. You must be wondering why the poop. Well most of my classmate are from rural area, and all of us have Buffalos at home. The Buffalo dung is gathered in a place which is later used as manure. The Punjabi word is "Roodee". We were amazed by how one dino poop is as big as whole "Roodee". That's how I remember it.

Then over the years, I have seen it in bits and parts but watched it in one go and full just last year. The film holds really well and has the one thing that is needed for creature film to work, which everyone sidelines, the human story.

The affects still hold and the awe of seeing dinos first time is way more than in Jurassic World despite better tech. Basically the only good Jurassic Park film.

answered by Super-star (175k points)

You had to add that in the last huh!

Good luck with TB.

Thanks for sharing the experience. And teaching me the word Roodee.

That's for TB only. :p

Well for whatever it's worth, if you edit your answer to the only great movie in franchise then I'll actually agree with you.

Jurassic Park - Great

Jurassic World - Good..... That short where that iron man 3 kid says I Don't wanna wait anymore and open the hotel room window to see the park's full view with that music.......... Excuse me for a moment.....

Ok now back on from all the memories.....

Fallen Kingdom was actually very interesting movie but stupiditly executed, but i absolutely loved the ending..... I like the way it sets up next one..... So many possibilities now.

Jurassic Park 3 was stuck in production issues and it had a troubled making, have some empathy if not sympathy you heartless critics

Lost World..... If only Spielberg had done THAT..!!

+1 vote

Watched it in my childhood. Dont remember a single detail now.

answered by Super-star (174k points)

Go hit your head into the kitchen sink if you don't know anything about this absolute masterclass of cinematic history you dumb doof dodo..!!

I never said I dont anything about it. I said I dont recall anything.

0 votes

1994 KI shyad most entertaining movie, ese bhi theater main dekha,

answered by Production Designer (13.5k points)

Related questions

+2 votes
2 answers 224 views
+2 votes
4 answers 147 views
+1 vote
1 answer 81 views