0 votes

Amazon Prime Video on Thursday announced that the Shoojit Sircar directorial Gulabo Sitabo will be available for streaming from June 12 onwards. Touted as a ‘quirky dramedy,’ the movie features Ayushmann Khurrana and Amitabh Bachchan in the lead role.

Speaking about the film, Amitabh Bachchan said, “Gulabo Sitabo is a slice of life dramedy that is a must-watch for families at home. I was excited about my role since the first time Shoojit showed me the character’s look. It took me almost three hours each day to get into character with its different look. I had a wonderful time working with my very talented co-star Ayushmann Khurrana. Even though we are constantly bantering in the film, it has been a pleasure working with him for the first time. This family entertainer has the power to cut across geographic boundaries, and we are pleased to bring Gulabo Sitabo to audiences across the globe.”

Source Link: https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/web-series/amitabh-bachchan-ayushmann-khurrana-gulabo-sitabo-to-stream-on-amazon-prime-6409008/
asked in Box Office Discussions by Production Designer (13.4k points)
45% Accept Rate

Shoebite is a film co-produced by UTV and 20th Century Fox, and has been written by M. Night Shyamalan. The movie has been shot and is ready, but has been stuck owing to internal issues between the producers.

Big B had said earlier, “We shot the entire film and then UTV (now Disney) said that they had some legal problem with 20th Century Fox, because they said that this property belongs to them.”

Shoebite will soon release on Hotstar.

ye news kaha ka hai bhai? koe link ho to send karo?

Shoojit Sircar and uski team ko october tak wait karna chahiye tha.

5 Answers

+1 vote

ayushman khurana ki movies netflix release ke hi laayak hai vaise bhi

answered by Location Manager (6k points)

ek ek kar sabhi aane wali hai wait karo.........

how much will amazon pay for this

approx 80 crs....................

ye recover kaise hoga

+1 vote

So finally the ice is broken now i guess we will see many other films announcing to come on OTT as well

answered by Assistant Director (53.5k points)
0 votes

Laxmi bomb shall be the next then.

answered by Super-star (173k points)
0 votes

I feel its a good decision to release this and other similar small-medium budget releases directly on OTT platforms as once the lockdown ends and normalcy returns, there will be many big films releasing back to back (probably multiple clashes as well), leaving no room for these films.

Other releases which might be announced soon (according to various sources) are

Shakuntala Devi, Indoo Ki Jawani, Dil Bechara, Mimi, Ginny Weds Sunny. Probably Chehre as well

answered by Art Director (3k points)
0 votes

great. looking forward to it!

answered by Executive Producer (66.8k points)

Related questions

+1 vote
2 answers 77 views
0 votes
3 answers 165 views
165 views asked May 14 in BOI Update by SSk Assistant Director (53.5k points)