+2 votes

Reel:

Real

Must say the film is looking more and more impressive with each passing day. Imagine the figures if WOM & Critical reception go hand in hand.

asked in Upcoming Releases by Assistant Director (50.1k points)
100% Accept Rate

5 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

Everybody is overestimating its BO potential cricket movies don't really do that much(pretty ironic ha) anyways as a cricket lover i am really looking forward to this movie

answered by Assistant Director (53.4k points)
selected by

Haha nah not betting against him or anything i know it would be hit but its just that some people are seeing it as a potential HGOTY that is far too stretched for me It would be Hit or Super Hit at max

Ranveer's biggest advantage is that he gets huge media support. Almost anything he does is held as a classic. Gully boy was promoted as the best film of last decade and even simmba was not ridiculed like other shetty films. Most of the critics consider him the most versatile actor of Hindi cinema also..

@ssk Totally agree. If it becomes the HGOTY, doomsday is here for sure

Yup the guy has a Strong PR team @kakarot bro
Half the hype is generated by them even before the release of trailer/teasers

+2 votes

So desperate for attention and increasing hype to boost collections of this parody that he's posting spoilers.
What a shame.

answered by Mega Star (225k points)

The whole nation knows about this. What is there to spoil!

Hahahahahah @sanki

Oops, I should have added a spoiler alert in the title. Oh well.

+1

@Suhas seriously?

+1 vote

Wow. 400cr loading this time for the finest method actor of our generation.

answered by Super-star (171k points)

Wow..you really are the biggest fan of ranbir and ranveer

Will the credit of this go to Sushant Singh Rajput or MSD?

+1 vote

It's Cricket Based Film And That Type Of Movies Has Limited Audience So 200 Cr Nett Grosser Is A Excellent Result For The Film.

answered by Assistant Director (42.1k points)

Let's see what the final cost for the film is like before giving any numbers.

I'd expect anywhere from 1.25Cr-1.50Cr FF to be a good-great result for the film.

Yes I am also expecting same. 1.5 Cr footfalls means 200 Cr Nett Grosser.....

A little on the lower side, but 'Excellent result' for me would be 2 Cr FF and beyond.

Yup...................

+1 vote

I think the movie is being overestimated like baaghi 3. Though kabir khan is directing it I don't think that it'll be a huge grosser. In 2016 msd grossed nearly 140 crores and it was based on one of the most popular cricketers of all time.

answered by Art Director (2.8k points)

About MSD. sure, but Ranveer Singh is a known face among the Youth in this country today. Him working in a project like this, based on one of Indian Cricket's most successful ICC Campaigns(the way it's being promoted instead of it being a Kapil Dev biopic), surely has people keeping track of it.

His transformation for the role is much talked about in Social Media already, and with a decent Teaser/Trailer, the film will get enough hype to add to its BO Ceiling in terms of potential.

I didn't expect Gully Boy to collect as much as it did when it was announced & was in post-production stages. I feel it is comparatively too complex to predict a film's BO prospects in the present, at least, simply based on the genre/content, compared to say in the first half of the last decade.