+1 vote

Though Rajkumar Santoshi’s comic caper Andaz Apna Apna did not work at the box office when it released in 1994, it became a cult classic in the following years. The film starred Salman Khan, Aamir Khan, Raveena Tandon and Karisma Kapoor in the lead roles.

In an interview with Rajeev Masand, Karisma confessed that she never got the time to actually watch Andaz Apna Apna. “Can I be honest? I don’t think I have watched Andaz Apna Apna. Because at that time, we were doing three-four shifts a day. There was no time. We did not have time to watch our own films,” she said.

Karisma also revealed that the four lead actors – Salman, Aamir, Raveena and herself – were not on talking terms with each other during the making. “In Andaz Apna Apna, there was a time when none of the actors were talking to each other. This cult film was made with all of us not even speaking to each other. It’s quite funny,” she said.

Andaz Apna Apna revolves around two good-for-nothing men Amar (Aamir) and Prem (Salman) who are looking to strike gold by a wooing a rich heiress Raveena (Raveena). Confusion ensues when her father Ram Gopal Bajaj (Paresh Rawal) is kidnapped by his evil twin, and it is revealed that Raveena’s secretary Karishma (Karisma) is the real Raveena.

Source Link: https://www.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/karisma-kapoor-has-never-watched-andaz-apna-apna-reveals-actors-did-not-speak-to-each-other-on-sets/story-sbpy5qSSk3dt7fue09HY1I.html
asked in Cinematic Discussion by All Time best! (277k points)
99% Accept Rate

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer

Sad to see that they haven't watched this classic movie and the best comedy movie of the 90s. 90s was the best era for Indian Cinema but pressure was one everyone doing 4-6 movies a year hence three to four hours shift. Today less stressful when everyone does two or three movies a year.

Would like to mention how Raveena Tandon & Karisma Kapoor hated each other in a sense they didn't speak to one another including Aatish: Feel the Fire. Karisma has a history with many actresses. Even actors as well mainly Suniel Shetty who didn't take kindly to her attitude. She's had a fallout with a producer in their film Rakshak that's how the problems occurred with her Suniel in the 90s.

Rest all is history as Lolo is on good terms with everyone....................................

Just posting this for memories

''Ye Raat Aur Ye Doori''

answered by Unit Manager (35.3k points)
selected by

The film took too long to be shot & even longer to be release. In that time the big fallout had haplened between Ajay Devgn - Karisma Kapoor & Raveena Tandon. There was no way Karisma & Raveena would have been cordial to each other.

Ajay Devgn - Karisma Kapoor started dating, Ajay chose Karisma while he was still in a relationship with Raveena. The breakup was 10 times uglier than Hrithik-Kangana. Raveen attempted suicide brought out the worse in everybody. Ajay denied having anything with Raveena & called it all her imagination. Raveena openly said she has all the love letters written to her by him, he said she wrote that all herself. Filmfare in 1994, he had said, "Letters? Ha! What letters? Tell that girl that she should go ahead and publish those letters, even I want to read the figment of her imagination! ...She is just trying to get publicity by linking her name with mine. Her so-called suicide attempt was also a publicity gimmick."

1993 interview of Karisma Kapoor in Stardust magazine,
"As for Raveena (Tandon), well she’s herself said that as long as we live, we’ll always have a problem. I really don’t know why she said that since I’ve always tried to sort things out between us. But in the final analysis, what happened? I was accused of being brash and conceited."

We all know about that super statement from Raveena Tandon to Stardust when she was asked about Ajay - Karisma. "She can keep Ajay. I am not interested. When Ajay Karisma have babies, they will look like Zebras" commenting on Ajay & Karisma's skin tone.

Best comedy movie of the 90s yes. 90s was the best era for Indian cinema....disagree. The 50s and the 60s were the best.

Related questions

+10 votes
1 answer 148 views
+4 votes
7 answers 331 views