+1 vote

Raveena Tandon is back in a Kannada film after 21 years. The cult blockbuster Upendra [1999] was her first Kannada film. 

Her last south film was the Telugu film Pandavulu Pandavulu Tummeda in 2014. An unofficial remake of Golmaal 3.

Source Link: https://mobile.twitter.com/excelmovies/status/1226398388674973696
asked in Non-Bollywood by All Time best! (281k points)
100% Accept Rate

3 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

Raveena Tandon's last two movies were satanic garbage and a waste of her talent. I remember post-Dil Dhadakne Do release (Film she rejected), she said she wants to do roles that are memorable. Her choices films that she did three years ago were forgettable.

She's talented and I think this role in KGF: Chapter 2 will be substantial. Afterall, it's big movie and it should be good enough to justify her performance.

answered by Unit Manager (36.1k points)
selected by

The character is modelled over Indira Gandhi.

Anyways, Anil Thadani distributed part 1, obvious the role would be offered to his wife. Not being sexist, but Raveena was not being offered good roles off late.

+1 vote

She's a nice addition to he cast, excited to see her on big screen. That too in such a big movie.

answered by Star (160k points)
0 votes

Telugu cinema - chose Alia Bhatt and Ajay Devgan for their event movie.
Tamil cinema - had interviewer for their event movie.
Kannada cinema - Raveena Tondon

The state.

answered by Mega Star (225k points)

Anil Thadani is the distributor. Plus they have paid hefty to Sanjay Dutt already. Without any other big name except Yash, KGF Chapter 1 was the costliest Kannada film ever to be made. Now that it went Pan India they had to up the game. And ofcourse casting Raveena is still fine, she isn't playing a Kannadathi but Sanjay's character is proper kannadiga & they are gambling big time.

I don't mind saying it or accepting it, Kannada cinema gets actors/actresses from other industries only after they have lost their markets there. The only person who got them on their prime was V.Ravichandran because he paid them high & literally nobody could say no to him. Be it Juhi Chawla (ofcourse he gave her the first blockbuster & even after QSQT she just didn't blink doing more movies with him), Khushboo, Moon Moon Sen, Poonam Dhillon, Amala, Radha, Rajinikanth, Amjad Khan, Chiranjeevi, Shilpa Shetty, Meena, Roja, Rambha, Nagma, Ramya Krishnan, Madhoo, Aruna Irani etc.. I am talking from the late 80s. But now, he is not who he used to be.

Related questions

0 votes
3 answers 217 views
+1 vote
3 answers 226 views