18. abbie - 8 points
  19. nitesh singh - 8 points
  20. being_tanveer - 5 points
  21. Raghib - 5 points
  22. Santosh - 5 points
  23. Invincible - 4 points
  24. Sanal - 4 points
  25. Sandeep - 4 points
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.
0 votes
Housefull 4 had a good first day collecting 18.50 crore nett though collections are a lttle lower than earler estimates as the collections in the North are lower though Mumbai has collected much better. The collections in Mumbai will be around 6 crore nett while Delhi / UP will hardly touch 3 crore nett and East Punjab will be around 1.40 crore nett. Mumbai has a big ratio of 33% which will come down after Diwali.

The film should have had best collections in the Northern market but the pre Diwali affect is most in those regions so its best collections have come in Mumbai and South comparatively. The film did slow in the evening due to pre Diwali but still is the second highest opening ever for a comedy film and the highest opening for the Housefull franchise despite pre Diwali.  

The film is going to find it a struggle over the next two days due to pre Diwali but its all about where the film can land on Monday as the mass markets of North and central should come into play then especially the single screens in UP, Bihar and Central which can record full houses.

The biggest plus on day one was solid collections in Gujarat / Saurashtra which is normally very weak pre Diwali and kicks in after Diwali but the film has collected almost 2 crore nett there which is not far off what films like Total Dhamaal and Kabir Singh did on day one and they released on normal days and did very strong business in Gujarat / Saurashtra.

The key to where this film can go will be the collections on Monday as that is the national holiday. iseally it would have been the best release date but could not happen due to the Overseas release.

My Take: 6 years old K3 safe by 1cr despite GST 18% tax
in BOI Update by Assistant Director (49.6k points)
88% Accept Rate

reopened by

5 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

The film did slow in the evening due to pre Diwali but still is the second highest opening ever for a comedy film and the highest opening for the Housefull franchise despite pre Diwali.

The film is crap. It's a stinker. That's why people are not interested in seeing it. Come on BOI, have some guts please. As Roman said, taken 6 years and still cant beat K3 opening. No wonder HR is the only challenger and contender to the throne occupied by the Khans.

by Star (156k points)
selected by
+1 vote

In Gujarat/Saurastra region is always strong for a comedy film so that doesn't surprise. But just 18.5 cr nett means Srk's last release Zero opening day is more than this film. Clearly visible BOI favour Akshay in the Article so congrates Akshay in Advance this film is surely a flop at the box office. And next time not announce any movie on festival specially Salman and Aamir movie coming than not come on that dates. Because yoir stardom is not like Khans.

by Unit Manager (37.2k points)
0 votes

Lets see where it goes from this moderate start ..

by Editor (89.6k points)
edited by
0 votes

Lol this is poor. WOM is also not good so tough times ahead.

by Star (155k points)
–2 votes

Decent start now the weekdays will be important for the film , the budget of the film is around 150-155crs so film needs to collect in 170cr nett range to be a hit and for that it has to hold well , I still feel film is not that bad and will do reasonably well to maintain the success streak of Akshay Kumar and be his 31st hit.

by Assistant Director (44.1k points)
+1

You giving 3.5 star for this film means movie is excellent as par yoir opinion. Ek baar dil pe haat rakhkar soch kar khud se puchna kya wakai movie 3.5 ke layak hai. Bhai 3.5 to sultan jaisi films ko milte hai aur 4 star dangal jaisi film ko milte hai aapne to 3.5 star de diye.

Bhai Excellent hoti to 4.5 deta main 3.5 kyun deta aur vse it's my review means my opinion ,you give it 1star and I have no problem with it,I like the film and that's it I am not here to please anybody .

Related questions

+2 votes
1 answer 150 views
+1 vote
7 answers 401 views
401 views asked Nov 3 in BOI Update by Roman Assistant Director (49.6k points)
0 votes
3 answers 347 views