but boi will placed it on 3rd when they prepared the list of top opening week..
see below example for top opening day net collection...even though PRDP has more gross than bharat it has ranked below similar case with TZH and sanju...
War set the highest opening day ever as it beat the record of Thugs Of Hindostan by a decent margin despite being released on a lesser number of screens and that film was the day after Diwali which is the biggest day for box office collections when records are set.
The film has beaten Bharat by around 10 crore nett which was released on Eid earlier this year with fewer screens. The previous best openings were Hrithik Raoshan and Tiger Shroff were Bang Bang and Baaghi 2 both of which collected in the 25 crore nett range and this film has more than doubled the number. The film is the highest opening for YRF as well as they beat their own Thugs Of Hindoston. The release was not optimum so this record has a good chance of being beaten by a solo release on a holiday but even then you have to have a film to beat it and these films are very few. The top opening days of all time are as follows.
- War - 51,50,00,000 apprx (3850 screens)
- Thugs of Hindostan - 48,27,00,000 (4700 screens)
- Bharat - 41,62,00,000 (4650 screens)
- Bahubali - The Conclusion 40,73,00,000 (3950 screens)
- Prem Ratan Dhan Payo - 39,32,00,000 (4200 screens)
- Sultan - 36,59,00,000 (4350 screens)
- Happy New Year - 36,31,00,000 (3850 screens)
- Sanju - 34,19,00,000 (4200 screens)
- Tiger Zinda Hai - 34,12,00,000 (4600 screens)
- Dhoom 3 - 32,48,000 (3650 screens)