0 votes
‘War’ 1st day net all-India total collection could be Rs. 48-49 crore. Although released on about 1,000 screens less than ‘Thugs Of Hindostan’, and despite opposition of ‘Syeraa’ and ‘Joker’, it has opened phenomenally well. It just... just could be the biggest Hindi film opening

My take:INTERESTINGLY KOMAL NAHATA ALSO TWEETED 50CR OPENING DAY FOR TOH, BUT NOW CLAIMING OPENING DAY RECORD AT 48CR WHICH CLEARLY MEANS YRF MANIPULATED FIGURES TO REACH THE 50CR MARK, SO IF THEY STICK TO COMSCORE NUMBERS FOR WAR (48-49) OPENING DAY RECORD MAY BE MISSED AND IF THEY DO THE SAME LIKE TOH OPENING DAY RECORD WILL BE BREACHED PAST.
asked in Box Office Discussions by Assistant Director (55.9k points)
87% Accept Rate

reopened by

Content was the tweet and heading was the same , Which is WAR opening day numbers
Rest is my take on this
I generally give my take on all posts in the content itself even in boi update ones.

Heading Is- Opening Day Is 48-49 Crs And Record Opener

Content Is- Opening Day Could Be 48-49crs And Record Opener

Hmm let's see boi will come with in 3 hours

I Think BOI Will Give 47-48 Crs, But They Will Never Call It A Record Opening Unless It Actually Becomes One (And They Would Very Well Know About It) Bcz In That Case Reducing Collections To Actuals Would Be Difficult For Them.

P.S. They Kept Calling TOH 1st 50 Crs Film For Considerable Period Of Time But That Is Different From Calling A Film Record Opener!

2 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

Only BOI Figures Matters For Bollywood Films Let Alone People Doing Fan Wars Even People Within Industry Acknowledge That Figure As Actual Figure

Final Day 1 Figures For Thugs Of Hindostan 48.27 Crs

If Final Day 1 Figures For War Cross That It Will Surely Be A Record Opener!

The Reason Why Im Stressing On Final Figures Is Bcz BOI Has Habit Of Reducing Collections Specially For Films Of Big Stars

answered by Assistant Director (51.1k points)
selected by

Yup agree, My take was regarding Producers collection and YRF' misery
Interesting to know what they will do tomorrow, I don't think they will miss the chance to call it highest ever opener, which by following comScore numbers isn't possible as their toh figures are more.

YRF Is In Tight Spot

If They Declare War As Record Opener Then They Would Be Proved As Manipulators In Either Way Bcz They Can Do It Only By Reducing TOH Day 1 Provided By Them Earlier Or Increasing War Day 1 Which They Will Provide Tomorrow

(Same For Taran Adarsh Unlike BOI He Still Quotes TOH As 52 Crs Opener)

If They Don't Declare It As A Record Opener Then Again They Would Miss The Chance Of Claiming That Their Most Hyped Film War Broke Opening Day Record

In Either Way Though They Can Claim That YRF Film Is Only Bollywood Film To Have Record 50 Crs Plus Opening And Single Day Collection So This Is A Positive For Them!

Yeah will be fun to watch what they opt for.

0 votes

Watch YRF giving 50 crs and declaring it biggest opening, forgetting that TOH ever existed. I don't blame them, toh was embarrassing and what they did was too, better if they don't repeat that.

answered by Mega Star (225k points)

Related questions

+1 vote
7 answers 410 views
0 votes
3 answers 300 views
300 views asked Nov 1, 2019 in Box Office Discussions by Vivek Rai Production Designer (13.4k points)