0 votes
War is looking at a record advance for an outright Hindi film. The film has had excellent sales since counters opened on Friday across the country be it multiplexes and single screens. The advance is on course to beat every outright Hindi film be it Thugs of Hindostan, Tiger Zinda Hai or Sultan though the advance figures of Bahubali - The Conclusion will be tough to reach.

The biggest advances seen in terms of collections for outright Hindi films are in the region of 25 crore nett for Thugs Of Hindustan and Tiger Zinda Hai and War could be challenge the 30 crore nett mark or even more depending on what happens on the big final day of advance tomorrow (Tuesday). The film would have gone past all the advances of this year barring Bharat by the end of business today.

The film sees stars like Hrithik Roshan and Tiger Shroff being presented as they should be and that is enough for the huge initial and if the story is there to engage the audience then there will be no stopping this film. The advance may set records but other initial records may be tougher as the film has competition from other films which may not allow the film to get the capacity it could have got if it were a solo release. The screen count could challenge the biggest releases but its not about about that but getting as much screenings as possible at the higher rates and getting capacity as high as possible.

There is competition in the South from a huge Chiranjeevi starrer Syeraa Narasimha Reddy and there are many Bengali releases in West Bengal looking to benefit from Durga Puja week which is an extended holiday for many days. Then on top of this there is the Hollywood release Joker which will affect the screenings of War in the metros like Mumbai, Delhi and Pune. This film is actually the biggest competition as it will take away shows in the big collecting multiplexes in all the big cities in all Hindi circuits. Joker in only releasing in English and will probably have just a 500 screen release but it will record huge collections for this sort of release.

If War was a solo release like most of the films which have got an opening day record it would have broken all opening day records for certain but now it still cant be written off for a record opening but the above factors are big obstacles

My Take: Have been saying that since beginning, A Genuine Superstar in a Action Extravaganza Releasing on a Holiday can't be affected by bad music or promotion.

My prediction 50cr is still on.
asked in BOI Update by Assistant Director (55.9k points)
87% Accept Rate

reopened by

11 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

Aag laga di bhai. Hrithik hasn't seen a response like this in a long time. Maybe Agneepath but even that wasn't as big. Dhoom 2 probably. Regardless of the final fate of this movie, he should stay in the massy zone. SPS next.

And Tiger has also done well. Though he's a terrible actor but he's doing something that others from his generation either can't or don't want to or are scared to do. Well he's used the old concept of teaming up with a bigger star to increase his reach as well.

Bollywood is getting it's 3rd 40cr+ opening. Hrithik is the future. Hope he doesn't lose his way this time.

answered by Executive Producer (66.5k points)
selected by
0 votes

you know they nevver believe me... but i have been saying this from longest time now..... even recently
http://forums.itsboxoffice.com/693998/south-india-things-looking-good-hindi-version-andhara-office

answered by Super-star (166k points)
0 votes

Fake information. According to some experts HR will always give single digit openings, big banners dont offer him big movies. Lord Ranbir and company are bigger stars than him.

answered by Super-star (170k points)

Haha. Can feel ur happiness inside

A couple of fake accounts, a so called numbers man, fans of Ranbir were busy spreading negativity and crying about single digit openings, just want to see their faces when this comes out.

0 votes

this is music to th ears infact this make people remember who is hrithik roshan .The man who has the real stardom like the khan but media fans try hard to forget and let him dawn even in rhis forum so much negative and no obe even talk but the fact come to you . The film will not break the opening just because of clash infact dirty clash otherwise the so called mega stardom will be broken like hrithik did it many time

answered by Costume designer (1.1k points)
0 votes

when Hrithik and Tiger coming together with a full massy action film than its always happen.

Rip Box Office records.......

answered by Assistant Director (42k points)
0 votes

Like I Mentioned Before Clases Would Bring Down A 50 Crs Opener To 45 Crs But Good That Atleast Record Advance Will Be Made That Too 1st 30 Crs Advance For Hindi Films!

answered by Assistant Director (51.1k points)
0 votes

War will make 50cr opening.. This is the stardom of hrithik when he does action movies.
He should realise nd make more movies as he is ageing nd bwood wants these kind of stars to compete with South industry regarding openings..
Despite od clash with big south movie still war wioo be huge in south coz of hrithik

answered by Location Manager (7.1k points)
0 votes

@intense u need to congratulate me i m the first one who said War will show true potential of box office collection of hindi movie during teaser release itself....there is few hurdle I m still standing with my prediction...and it should comfortably crossed 50cr..

answered by Location Manager (5.5k points)

Hahahaha, yes man. I remember you saying that. 40cr will definitely be breached now, 50cr...not so sure since screens are reduced. 45cr will happen I guess.

So Intense finally you believe that it will have a better opening than 25cr!!!!!!

0 votes

Now this is straight fire, honestly i had left this forum, being disappointed with SRK badly. But this bought me back (for now), this is the real deal, a superstar doing superstar things, giving audience what they want, something my favorite forgot. Coming back, I'm hoping for a mega opening of 50 crs, Box Office will be set on fire and if content holds, it'll be a blockbuster as well.

answered by Mega Star (225k points)

No you should not quit TB. Be hopeful still. If SRK decides on Dhoom4, he will again be back in a huge way. Need of the hour is a big budget actioner for him.

0 votes

Biggest opener of the year at lest 45cr first day.

answered by Production Designer (12.8k points)
0 votes

So, as expected War will have a record opening but as BOI mentioned it needs to have just a little of story to engage audience throughout. This will make it compensate for the loss of money on opening due competition in the long run. Moreover, then only it can actually reap the benefits of such a lucrative release period.
Given all that and we could see a one historic BB happening in coming days.

answered by Production Accountant (27.2k points)

Related questions

+1 vote
3 answers 293 views
293 views asked Oct 1, 2019 in BOI Update by Roman Assistant Director (55.9k points)
0 votes
2 answers 275 views