+1 vote
One of the most-awaited action thrillers of the year 2019 is Hrithik Roshan and Tiger Shroff starrer War. Also featuring Vaani Kapoor in a pivotal role, the film is directed by Siddharth Anand and produced by Aditya Chopra under his banner Yash Raj Films. Slated to hit theatres on 2nd October, War follows the story of a soldier named Khalid, played by Tiger, who is assigned to find his senior Kabir, essayed by Hrithik, a former soldier who has apparently gone rogue.

In a recent interview, Siddharth Anand opened up on working with the Greek God of Bollywood and said, “When it comes to action, India has not produced a bigger action superstar than Hrithik. His commitment to pushing his body and his intent to push the envelope of action cinema in the country makes him the most loved action superstar.” He went on to add, “In War, Hrithik has outdone himself and taken incredible risks to give audiences a visual spectacle that they have never seen before.”

Sharing an example from the upcoming film, the filmmaker stated, “We were shooting a high-octane chase sequence in Porto that required Hrithik to jump off a bridge and he instantly committed to the action design. He is an actor who always wants to give audiences something new to see on screen
asked in Cinematic Discussion by Assistant Director (55.9k points)
87% Accept Rate

reopened by

6 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

It's not about stardom because if he means stylish and amazing stunts then that his opinion. When it comes to being an action hero there are other actors who have made their careers out of it and they have more experienced than Hrithik e.g. Amitabh Bachchan, Dharmendra, Sunny Deol, Ajay Devgn, Akshay Kumar, Sanjay Dutt & Suniel Shetty. Yeah, Salman, I guess.

Hrithik is good but the ones whom I mentioned above are better and have excelled very well in action.

answered by Unit Manager (34.7k points)
selected by
+1

Yup that's what I meant, here everyone is equating it with stardom and success.

+1 vote

what he wants to say is...... biggest superstar in movies with stylish action .... thats true....
and its because of the perception ..... he's like a male model doing action movies ...... youth idolizes him....and there is no competition ..... for him in that kinda space.... ranbir kapoor is romantic hero ...tiger is most likely going to follow the massy space..... he's the biggest in that space because there is no compeition its a one horse race....
sidharth malhotra could have followed this path ... but he doesnt have that kinda physic or dance skills....acting is not required..... he's got heavy voice.... and that model kinda aesthetic ... but that guy is not lead properly ..... he's lost.
so agreed.....

answered by Super-star (166k points)
+1

Yup bro agree with you, I have same opinion on it

0 votes

If you consider stylished action then Hrithik is the best action superstar.There are other great action superstars better than Hrithik but Hrithik is also in their league and better than so called action superstars

answered by Camera Operator (9.7k points)

Be it massy or stylish Hrithik is dope in Action.

0 votes

One of the biggest action superstar then yes otherwise you have to consider Dharmendra Sunny deol and Offcourse The Salman khan...
Obviously his movie is releasing so director will praise and grandiose about his featured star but it's not been necessarily Whole truth -Near Truth bhi chalega...
Atleast Kaal (Krrish3) ko joker se compare toh nhi karr diya bhai ne Lol

answered by Producer (113k points)

Akshay & Ajay too ...

I don't think he was talking about Stardom and all, He was talking about his action image like we say akki is best Comic Actor doesn't mean he's the most successful Superstar in comedy genre.
It clearly means his ability in action genre

0 votes

Not the biggest. That is an exaggeration. He's one of the best though along with Salman, Dharam Paaji, Ajay, Akshay, Sunil Shetty etc. I feel his potential as an action star still remains unfulfilled to an extent. Should do more such movies to utilize that ability of his.

answered by Super-star (170k points)
+1

I don't think he was talking about Stardom and all, He was talking about his action image like we say akki is best Comic Actor doesn't mean he's the most successful Superstar in comedy genre.
It clearly means his ability in action genre

0 votes

This Is An Exaggeration

Amitabh
Dharmendra
Salman
Sunny
Akshay
Ajay

Are Bigger Than Hrithik

Though If He Keeps Doing Good Action Films From Next Decade Onwards On Regular Basis And Not Let The Momentum That He Would Gain From War Slip Like He Did In 2006 Then He Would Be Ahead Of Akshay And Ajay For Sure And Would Challenge Salman And Sunny

This Im Talking Purely On Basis Of Stardom And Box Office Of Superstars With Action Hero Image. Talking About Looks Alone Then He Is Right There In Top League He Can Do Both Dhoom 2 And Agneepath With Perfection!

answered by Assistant Director (51.1k points)
+1

It clearly means his ability in action genre.

Don't forget Suniel Shetty who comes after Ajay Devgn, Akshay Kumar & Sunny Deol in terms action hero. It's not about stardom but action hero image itself which Anna had in the 90s and this list with action stars would be incomplete without him.

Related questions

0 votes
7 answers 491 views