18. Being Yogesh - 35 points
  19. Imran1 - 34 points
  20. CultCharm - 30 points
  21. Sandeep - 30 points
  22. suraj.j - 23 points
  23. Ajay - 21 points
  24. Charlie Jatinder - 20 points
  25. Sss d - 19 points
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

7 Answers

0 votes

Nine years later, it still remains one of the best cop movies in Indian Cinema. Chulbul Pandey is an Iconic character but only Salman Khan made it memorable with his acting which audiences and critics praised. He had the charisma, charm, dialogue delivery and ect to play this role which he nailed perfectly. This is how Salman should be presented when it comes to a masala movie hence why he lives the character in this film. His massy dialogues were excellent.

This film has a cat and mouse game which make it one helluva a mass entertainer with its Action, Comedy & Romance which blends well. Love the face-off between Salman Khan & Sonu Sood which is one the best fight scenes in the climax. Sonu Sood was superb as the villain and suits his role.

Leaving that aside, Dabangg brought back it's single-screens hence bumper opening at the BO with a strong WOM. This is what the masses wanted and they fell in love with Dabangg.

As for the song, this one is the best.

by Production Accountant (22.1k points)
0 votes

This movie......I remember it was released just after I had shifted back to Pakistan. One day a pi-rated version was airing on a local cable channel, the scene where he's kid and his dad scolds him, so he decided that he'll be more powerful than him when he grows up (or something like that). It definitely was a rage, from music to dialogues to the look. My maths tutor kept a moustache after this movie.

I don't like this movie that much but it's definitely an iconic one. My favorite thing about this series is the sense of continuity, Dabangg 2 was a true sequel. And I hope D3 is a real follow up. The music reports are apparently terrific, we could witness a 40cr non-holiday opening with Dabangg 3, let's see what happens.

by Assistant Director (53.4k points)
0 votes

Salman never looked so confident either b4 or after Dabangg & that is what i like about this film ....
It had the best mix of Action, Comedy & Romance ..
Music was another plus point with Tere mast mast nain & Hud hud dabangg were my favourites ..
The final face-off b/w Salman & Sonu was one of the highlight of the movie.
A perfect Masala Cop drama & a true blue blockbuster ...

by Editor (87.2k points)
0 votes

If you are looking for the definition of 'masala genre', watch Dabangg.

by Second Unit Director (74.9k points)
0 votes

9 years for one of the greatest comebacks of all time
The film which gave us CHULBUL PANDEY
True blue masala BLOCKBUSTER
Munni Badnaam is still the best item number yet

by Assistant Director (47.6k points)
0 votes

Dabangg Era will be back very very soon when Dabangg 3 trailer arrives in October, Dabangg 3 has better cast than dabangg, hopefully on par music to dabangg, better masala director, better subject than dabangg so hopefully if everything goes as per expectations then 35-40cr bumper non holiday opener, Record weekend, Record week is coming our way in December

by Production Accountant (26.1k points)

Trailer in October is too soon.

0 votes

An iconic character which led to so many movies being made on the same kind of subject.

by Star (150k points)

Gabbar, Shakaal and Mogambo are no match to chulbul

Did I ask you to comment on my opinions?

Related questions

+2 votes
3 answers 274 views
0 votes
1 answer 124 views
124 views asked Sep 9, 2015 in Movies by Suhas All Time best! (265k points)
+6 votes
1 answer 51 views