0 votes

Mumbai: South superstar Chiranjeevi, who is sharing screen space with Amitabh Bachchan in his upcoming film "Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy", on Tuesday said that he considers the megastar as his mentor.

"Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy" is a biographical action film, directed by Surender Reddy. The movie chronicles the epic story of Kurnool-based freedom fighter Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy.

Chiranjeevi plays the titular role and Bachchan will make a guest appearance as Reddy's guru.

"He is my real life mentor. There is only one megastar and that is Amitabh Bachchan and nobody is near to him. Working with him is an amazing experience. I am indebted to him a lot.

"My director wanted him to play the role of my guru in the film. It is a special character and he insisted me for Bachchan. So I called him and told him that I want him to play my guru in the film. It will take only a week's time. He immediately said yes. My heart felt thanks to the Indian megastar," Chiranjeevi told reporters at the Hindi teaser launch of the film.

Besides Chiranjeevi and Bachchan, "Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy" also features Sudeep, Vijay Sethupathi, Jagapathi Babu, Nayanthara, Tamannaah and Anushka Shetty.

Source Link: https://www.asianage.com/entertainment/bollywood/210819/amitabh-bachchan-is-my-real-life-mentor-chiranjeevi.html
asked in Cinematic Discussion by Production Designer (13.1k points)
46% Accept Rate

reopened by

There is only one megastar and that is Amitabh Bachchan and nobody is near to him. - Chiranjeevi........................

Very generous of him to say that because Megastar Name is reserved for him down South.

Well he was giving interview to Anupama Chopra targeted at the Hindi segment so obviously he'll be humble enough to call that.

Big B's stature remains the same. The term Megastar is reserved for Chiru as far as South goes & just like how it is reserved to Mammootty in Malayalam. The people sentiment has led to own that title along with the person.

It can be seen easily in the south versions of the film, though Big B is addressed as Shri Amitabh Bachchan (his is a cameo), Chiru in Grand way addressed as Megastar only. That name card is what majority of the viewers not just fans are waiting to witness.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer

There is only one megastar and that is Amitabh Bachchan and nobody is near to him
Agree
My Heart felt thanks to the India Megastar
And that's coming from the biggest Telugu Superstar Ever, Only Amitabh Bachchan command such respect all around.

answered by Assistant Director (56.2k points)
selected by