18. mr.hola - 50 points
  19. Hrithikiantilldeath - 49 points
  20. Ajay - 46 points
  21. kashyap123 - 43 points
  22. Greek God - 40 points
  23. Imran1 - 39 points
  24. Invincible - 34 points
  25. Baadshah - 33 points
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.
+1 vote

Superstar Shah Rukh Khan is on a short “break” from movies, but the actor says he still has a lot of capacity to create some “really good” cinema. The 53-year-old actor, whose last few films -- Dilwale, Jab Harry Met Sejal and Zero -- were not well-received by the audiences, said the passion for cinema he sees in the people around drives him to tell good stories.

‘’What drives me to do a film is the people around me who make such a great cinema... And I think I have a huge amount of capacity to do some really good cinema. I have 20-25 years of good cinema left in me,” Shah Rukh said. The actor was talking on the sidelines of the 10th edition of Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM), where he is the chief guest.

Shah Rukh also revealed that post Zero, he decided to take a break and has been travelling and discovering new stories. ‘’I just finished the last film I made and to put it lightly, it was a disaster. I said to myself that let me enjoy a little bit of un-success as I had success for so long. So I have taken some time off for next four or five months,” he said. “As a matter of fact, I’m on these breaks... Coming here (Melbourne) and meeting people, realising and discovering new stories, doing intellectual speaking,” the actor added.

Shah Rukh officially opened IFFM on August 9 with the screening of Rima Das-directed movie Bulbul Can Sing, which on Friday won the National Award for Best Assamese Film. As a part of his trip, the Bollywood star was conferred with an Honorary Degree, Doctor of Letters (honoris causa) by the Melbourne-based La Trobe University, in recognition of his efforts to support underprivileged children, fight for women’s empowerment through Meer Foundation and his achievements in the Indian entertainment industry.

The 10-day-long IFFM will screen over 60 films in Hindi and regional languages including Assamese, Tamil and Bengali. Other celebrities attending the festival include Das, Karan Johar, Malaika Arora, Arjun Kapoor, Vijay Sethupathi, Zoya Akhtar, Tabu, Onir and Sriram Raghavan, Thiagarajan Kumararaja and Vijay Krishna Acharya.

Source Link: https://www.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/shah-rukh-khan-on-zero-my-last-film-was-a-disaster-i-have-decided-to-enjoy-some-un-success/story-TU0xrSdeRLev1OIij0CPbL.html
in Cinematic Discussion by Camera Operator (10.4k points)
59% Accept Rate

"My last film was disaster" - Accepted failure.
"Enjoying un-success" - Analyzing his mistakes.
Shah Rukh!!

6 Answers

+1 vote

stop all this gimmick and do some movie....u r actor first then philosopher, businessman, poet etc etc...iska sara kaam chal jata hai is tarah k kaam se....acting karne ki kya zaroorat hai...earlier actor used to do 6-7 movie per year and their earning totally rely on acting in a movie.....few commercial, production houses, host, other side business are enough now once public made u star...

by Art Director (2.5k points)

He will announce his next in next month. Also he said that he still have 25 years of cinema left in him. So don't worry, He's just taking a break that's it.

+1

i dont trust his word now days.....3 years back he said next 10 years he will do 2-3 movies every year, what happned in 17 he did 2 movie and that is because of one postpone and in 18 he did 1 after 1.5 year......and he will have only 3-4 years max. 7 years where he will play lead actors....

+1 vote

After 3 months he should announce at least 3 Movies.... I think there are 2 possible Dates now where we can expect something from him..... YRF will definitely announce something on Yash Chopra's Birthday... i.e. on 27th September, so if SRK is in their scheme of things.... May be Adi's Next Directorial or may be just may be if DHOOM 4 or may be any other random Movie with any Director but under YRF... then we can expect on that day

Or may be Direct on 2nd November wer is next Project wud be announced

by Camera Operator (11.8k points)

He recently said that he still have 25 years of cinema left in him. So no issues regarding his next. He will surely gonna announce.

+1 vote

honest unlike boi which does not give disaster verdicts for top stars now or even flop sometimes like the case of tubelight

by Location Manager (6.5k points)

Lol when salman said that he said if tubelight after crossing 100cr is a flop toh bhagwan aisi flop sbko de

Hmm Yes BOI Will Give Zero Flop And TOH Below Average But Both Srk And Aamir Consider It Disaster

+1

yes infact srk even said in an interview with bbc last year that all his films after hny have bombed at the bo which means he does not care about semit hits or small hits and only wants blockbusters and that is how it should be for a big star

@SSk I don't say anything, cooked by me. Watch this clip: https://twitter.com/abhiraj1717/status/1067423318700056576?s=20

0 votes

He should shift to production business now

by Set Decorator (1.5k points)

Why so? Would you suggest the same to Salman if he would have going through the same phrase? Does flop films results in finished acting career?!

salman khan did go through same phase .....my mahn and if he had started being human early we would have seen an actor without a flop for probably two decades....

time to explain...

...salman khan is not in films to satisfy his acting hunger...he's in showbiz to fund being human...since the time he started being human he's doing movies only to make money.... which is why he's making ton of it....so that he doesn't have to go to places to raise funds for his charity....all those tv shows dabangg tours award shows which he hates ...are only to utilize his brand value ..and make money ..... except for 2,3 movies all movies he's worked past veer are his home production.... he's producer even in yrf movies but that's not on paperwork as aditya chopra want exclusivity but ethically they both have all right to his films with yrf.....
if his side businesses would be making equally good money .... he would have been retired long ago....

and all of these facts which i mentioned are not my OPINIONS they've been said by involved parties ON RECORD

0 votes

Leave aside everything. SRK has a winner on his hands if he can make that Operation Khukri war movie. Or Dhoom4....if yrf are willing to cast him there.

by Star (148k points)
0 votes

Wish To See The Khans In Bollywood Films Till They Are In Late 70s!

by Assistant Director (43.7k points)

Look, if rajini can play lead roles till 70 and it would be a cakewalk for Salman & Aamir, as they look quite younger than SRK. SRK can do things right for him through RCE VFX.

As SRK said, he still hai 25 years of Cinema left in him, so we can easily say, 30 years for both Sal-Mir.

30 Years May Be Bit Too Much, It Would Mean They Keep Acting Till 84, They Have Had Highest Longevity In Terms Of Stardom But Still, Anyways I Hope This Really Happens, They Must Remain Fit And Have Good Script Sense.

Srk Longevity Itself Is 2nd To Only Other 2 Khans, 25 Years Is Huge For Any Actor In Bollywood, He May Not Be At His Peak Like Salmir But He Still Has It In Him To Be In Top League If He Improves His Script Sense.

I Think 3 Khans Will Remain Stars In Next Decade As Well Provided They Choose Good Scripts, They Look Younger And Fitter Than All Actors Of Past Looked At This Age Plus They Also Have Advantage Of Technology.

After That They Will Continue For 15-20 Years As A Character Artist, Doing Meaty Suppoting Roles Or Lead Roles In Small Budget Films Like Amitabh Bachchan Did After His Stardom Phased Out!

Related questions

+3 votes
7 answers 738 views
+3 votes
5 answers 224 views