18. mr.hola - 50 points
  19. Hrithikiantilldeath - 49 points
  20. Ajay - 46 points
  21. kashyap123 - 43 points
  22. Greek God - 40 points
  23. Imran1 - 39 points
  24. Invincible - 34 points
  25. Baadshah - 33 points
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.
+1 vote

This Will Be 45th Film Of Legendary David Dhawan And He Looks All Set To Be 1st Director To Touch 20 Hit Mark.

On A Side Note- Varun Can Be Govinda And Sara Can Karishma Of This Era!

Poster Of Original Coolie No. 1

in Upcoming Releases by Assistant Director (43.7k points)
96% Accept Rate

edited by

No one Praised Cutie Pie Sara

Sad

I will praise her if she pairs up with Sunny Deol's son Karan Deol. I'm actually hoping this pair happens just the nostalgia that Amrita Singh & Sunny had in Beetab in 1983.

+1

The second poster looks similar to his judwaa-2 with sara inplace of jacqueline
Soo much over acting in the poster itself (pic-1) ..

9 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

Varun Dhawan and his first Blockbuster

by Second Unit Director (73.6k points)
selected by
+1

He Has Been Rich Version Of Akshay So Far, Extremely Consistent But No Blockbuster!

Blockbuster? Really?

+1 vote

The poster looks crap but I won't be surprised if this film becomes a Hit because everyone saw the results of that garbage Judwaa 2 which was a success. As for David Dhawan, he's so brainless for remaking his own movies and may continue to do this in future with his son. When was the last time he even made a good film?

Varun can become Govinda of his era? I'm sorry but nobody can be like Hero No.1 Govinda not even this wannabe Varun. He's just simply Varun that's all..................

by Production Accountant (20.5k points)
+1 vote

Varun can be Govinda Hell No
But the film would be a hit

by Assistant Director (46.4k points)
+1 vote

varun dont look like a coolie.....it seems school or college boy acting on their favorite star in annual gathering....

by Art Director (2.5k points)
+1 vote

Varun surely is one of the most talented actors of the new gen. I mean....which guy can overact and ham to eternity on a poster? Painful to see a gem of a comedy getting ruined yet again. Its impossible to match Govinda in comedy

by Star (148k points)
+1

Exactly my thoughts about overacting in poster lol

And Govinda was natural in Coolie No 1, and his chemistry with Kader Khan. I mean how can you even think of trying to replicate that?

DD has thought of replicating it. Dunno who is stepping into Kader Khan's shoes in this one? Those Kader-Govinda comedies of the 90s are gems.

+1 vote

Kya Davidji. Khudka d=film remake karna yeh kaunsa naya trend hai.

by Second Unit Director (78k points)
+1 vote

good business model these are sureshot hit films and he is making money twice on the same product wow thats just crazy

by Location Manager (6.5k points)
+1 vote

Based on MTH and J2, this will be cringeworthy and terrible. However, this is a sound business model that works for Disney too, and now will work for David.

And as for Varun, he tried with October and Sui Dhaaga, and even took a bug budget chance with Kalank, they didn't work. You cant blame an actor for trying to get a sureshot win in his column.

by Assistant Director (52.8k points)

October Was Average And Sui Dhaga Was Hit, Kalank Was Only Unsuccessful Film Of His Career, But Yes He Has Every Right To Play Safe And Choose Films Which Suits His Ability Nothing Wrong In That!

0 votes

Why? No! Just No! screw you David Dhawan, seriously screw you..!!

Varun Can Be Govinda - Screw you too you dumb moron, how dare you utter this nonsense, you ought to be ashamed of yourself for saying stuff like this.

by Mega Star (216k points)

Im Not Saying He Will Achieve Exactly What Govinda Did i.e, Being Among Top 5 In A Decade, Being A Big Top League Star, Having Close To 25 Hits Coupled With An Atbb And Hgoty

He Surely Doesn't Has The Talent Which Govinda Had But Since He Has Strong Backing Of His Father And Karan Johar He Will Also Be A Big Star Having A Very Successful Career At Box Office And Like Govinda Was Comedy King Of His Era He Will Also Be Comedy King Of This Era Since He Is Best Among All Young Stars In Terms Of Comedy And He Will Do Many Comedy Films In Future Including 5-6 Remakes Of Old Films Of His Father And Most Of Them Will Be Hits As Well, Thats What I Meant!

Rancho backing wont take you anywhere when you lack talent. You saw Kalank go down. Street Dancer is a flop in the waiting while this Coolie no 1 will be a small hit in his bio. He's a discount Akshay when it comes to small hits, discount Govinda/Salman category in terms of talent....his longevity wont be there.

No guarantee all Govinda remakes can be success. He's a fraud and it wont take long before audiences see through him.