18. Santosh - 17 points
  19. karan khan - 14 points
  20. nitesh singh - 10 points
  21. God Father - 9 points
  22. abbie - 9 points
  23. Nikeel - 9 points
  24. Sanal - 9 points
  25. Invincible - 8 points
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

70.7k questions

270k answers

330k comments

1.5k users

Categories

0 votes
Even Lata Mangeshkar & Javed Akhtar tweeted same (for some reason)

And we all know about fans of Thala, but for you guys, what are your views? Should Dhoni retire? Also he's not retiring for sure, not atleast in near future.
in Non-Bollywood by Mega Star (218k points)
99% Accept Rate

reopened ago by

8 Answers

+4 votes

Best answer

See, India is an emotional country with zero rationality when it comes to cricketers. Lataji is an icon and I respect what she says. But logic is simple.

Australia removed Waugh and got Ponting. They removed Ponting and got Clarke. In India, when Sachin retired we were skeptical...but we got Kohli. Sehwag went and we got Rohit. Life doesnt wait for anyone. Dhoni will go and Pant will take his place

by Star (156k points)
selected ago by

But Bhai He Just Isnt Fit To Play T20s
Nowadays Game Has Changed, Pant Is Best For T20s He Should Just Stick To ODI

But The Selectors Coach And Captain Just Dont Have Daring To Remove Him Or May Be Kohli Actually Needs Dhoni To Guide Him There Cant Be Any Other Reason.

I Like Dhoni But Still Have To Admit That He Can Only Play ODI That Too At No. 4 Bcz Now His Game Style Isnt Suited For Anything Else. Dhoni Shouldn't Be Selfish Or Else It Will Effect His Great Legacy.
Im Sure Dhoni The Captain Would Have Removed A Batsman Like Dhoni From T20s Atleast If Not ODI!

No 4 lol, he can't rotate strike, what good will that do if he's no 4 then? It'll be even worse.

That's his main problem, he can still hit some balls but he is unable to rotate strike like he used to do in his prime, playing at no 4 well be disastrous as well considering he'll just slow down run rate.

He's actually better for t20 if he's sent in last 3-4 overs and said to hot every ball, he can somewhat be able to do that. Bit he's failing to rotate strike and then adding problems.

comparing legacy of sachin and dhoni is like comparing legacy of .......... sachin tendulkar and ms dhoni

+2 votes

So Dhoni is bigger than the game for these poeple and thats why India will never dominate like Australia of past.

by Costume designer (1k points)
+1 vote

Looks like MSD will wait for World T20. Once he comes India, he might announce his retirement from ODI. But tbh MSD in t20 WC won't suit at all. He plays tuk-tuk alot and we should groom Pant now.

Yea, I'll be heartbroken when Dhoni will retire but that's the life. One has to go to keep the cycle working.

His contributions to Indian cricket is unmatched.

Final Answer: He Should retire now. Rishabh Pant should replace him as primary WK.

by Camera Operator (11k points)

dare you take name of sachin and that overrated slogger in 1 line

Creepy cut the crap. Yes I'll take whatever name I want to. Impact wise Dhoni is as much a legend as Sachin. There I said it. Carrying MS to the world cup was suicide. He needs to retire now. But MSD is a world cup winning champion. No one can take that away from him.

well what else can one expect from fan of 20 20 sloggers

I am a huge huge fan of Virat kohli. Is he a t20 slogger? I like him as much as I like HR in movies.

My second favorite is Kane williamson. Is he a slogger? Amongst others I like, Ab de Villiers, David Warner and Jo's Buttler. Tell me who is a slogger?????

+1 vote

He must retire today for ODIs.

by Editor (80.7k points)
+1 vote

Looking at the current developments i don't think he's going to retire anytime soon.
He's too big figure, so it's hard for the kohli and management team to drop him.
So it should be Mahendra Singh Dhoni himself to take that call like he did 3 years ago.
Fans will be fans they can't see their idol going down like this...
Dhoni's batting has been a concern since 3 years and down the order at 6/7 he's a burden on the team.
Honestly I would have taken him just for his genius mind, pressure handling nature
Just see there was a top order collapse after a long time and how the middle order struggled?
Ignore jadeja's innings that's once in a blue moon.
Pant will fail 99/100 times to rescue the team more or less same goes for karthik and Dhoni could have won us if not for that lucky run out..
So they are Dhoni's replacement
But on normal situation Dhoni is struggling with his hitting and rotating ability and in Long terms india has to find dhoni's replacement so better late than never as he's already 38

According to me they should take that tough call in nation's interest and talk to Dhoni
Dhoni is a legend but we have to move on

by Assistant Director (49.9k points)

“Dhoni has won so many games, Of course, you aren't going to win every time. Other day, he was a couple of inches away from second run. He may have still won that game. I know how hard it is to win a o while chasing and he has done better than anyone in the history, until the run-out, he may have won the game. You’ve to remember that if he wasn’t such a good player, you wouldn’t be doubting what’s he doing. Till he’s there (in the middle), he gives you opportunities. I’ll still trust him with what he is doing."
— Steve Waugh

He wouldn't have, simple, he hadn't done that in near history and he wouldn't have done that in that day too.

Dhoni Has Won Almost All Games Where He Remained Not Out (Nearly 50) Hardly Lost Couple Of Them

Thats Why People Trust Him To Win The Matches Even Though He Isnt At His Peak He Is 4th Best/Most Batsman Of The ODI Team After Kohli Rohit And Dhawan!

And in last 3-4 years, he's been getting out, that's the problem, he does his usual slowish start, build-up and then gets out and that's the biggest problem.

+1 vote

Fans are very emotional. Every good things need to end. Thank you Dhoni for all the memories.

by Second Unit Director (78.9k points)

Glad you said that

+1 vote

He Retired From Test Soon, I Still Believe He Could Have Easily Played 4 Years Test Cricket More He Had That Talent, He Could Have Just Left Captaincy He Was So Close To Playing 100 Tests And 5k Test Runs Dont Know Why He Retired From Test.

None Better Than Him In India As Far As Wicketkeeper Batsman Is Concerned Atleast In Test And ODI Specially ODI.

But Now He Should Retire From T20 For Sure, He Just Doesn't Fits In There, Test Anyways He Retired, He Can Still Play ODI For Couple Of Years More i.e, Till 40 But Only At No. 4, In Lower Middle Order Again He Doesn't Fits In Bcz He Has Slowed Down Now.

On A Side Note His Contribution In Team Is More Than Just A Batsman, He Is Best Wicketkeeper In The World And Also Provides Guidance To The Team, Talking Just About Batting Well He Still Is Among Top 4 Batsman In ODI Team Right After Kohli Rohit And Dhawan!

by Assistant Director (48.9k points)

No 4 lol, he can't rotate strike, what good will that do if he's no 4 then? It'll be even worse.

That's his main problem, he can still hit some balls but he is unable to rotate strike like he used to do in his prime, playing at no 4 well be disastrous as well considering he'll just slow down run rate.

He's actually better for t20 if he's sent in last 3-4 overs and said to hot every ball, he can somewhat be able to do that. Bit he's failing to rotate strike and then adding problems.

only talent he has left is to do chamchagiri of kohli and shastri

–1 vote

keep supporting the useless players like dhoni wheras non subcontinent teams wont even keep dhoni as a 12th men in their tier 2 teams

and kohli and shastri are too bleak to throw this dhoni out of the team

by Location Scout (5k points)

Related questions

+4 votes
5 answers 225 views
+3 votes
2 answers 106 views
+3 votes
1 answer 153 views