18. Hrithikiantilldeath - 30 points
  19. Vivek Rai - 26 points
  20. Seinfeld - 26 points
  21. Baadshah - 26 points
  22. Irdwhelp - 21 points
  23. CultCharm - 19 points
  24. nitesh singh - 18 points
  25. God Father - 16 points
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.
+1 vote
Source Link: https://www.news18.com/news/movies/sunny-deol-didnt-speak-to-shah-rukh-khan-for-16-years-after-he-played-a-glorified-villain-in-darr-2190723.html
in General Queries by All Time best! (264k points)
99% Accept Rate

reopened ago by

6 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

It would be unfair to say that SRK's villain role was glorified because playing an obsessive lover was very challenging. He took the risk when no other actor was willing to do the role and his performance got praised by critics and audiences where he was nominated for Best Villain.

I'm not saying everything was Sunny's fault because I wouldn't blame him for being angry at Yash Chopra because things were different when the script was narrated to him. Yash Chopra always had different visions in which he would narrate to the cast. I mean he even cut Juhi Chawla's role off in Chandni in which she wasn't happy. She mentioned that she had a death scene where she supposed to be I'll in hospital but that scene was removed.

Aamir Khan also got annoyed with Yash because he was playing games. Yash narrated the script to him whilst Sunny was narrated something else. So both visions which Yash had were different but Aamir said Sunny was taken for a ride according to his Filmfare interview in 2000.

I'm going to talk about this which I've put quotes because I don't agree with Sunny. Aamir Khan had a problem with this issue in which he asked Yash for a joint narration. Well, if you stab then it wouldn't kill you if you were to exchange punches with a villain. You're supposed to be weak not Superman if you've survived a knife attack.

Aamir was told that there going be exchanged fight but Yash didn't listen.

I was doing a scene in the film where Shah Rukh stabs me. I had a
heated discussion with Yash Chopra regarding that scene. I tried
explaining that I am a commando officer in the film, my character is
an expert, I am very fit, then how can this boy (Shah Rukh's character
in the film) beat me easily. He can beat me if I can't see him. If he
can stab me while I am looking at him, then I won't be called a
commando."

by Casting Director (19.3k points)
selected ago by
+3 votes

He didn't talk to SRK for 16 years because he was pissed at YRF.
Well knock knock, they gave you villain's role, but you wanted to be a hero.
So it's not SRK'S fault that he made you look like a supporting role, it was his talent.

by Mega Star (215k points)
+2

Well, we know it now. Sunny is jealous of SRK. What the latter achieved in his career, Sunny could only dream of it. Bas isi liye ye bhaisaab har jagah rote hain.

+2 votes

ek to srk ko itna buri tarah se maara aur fir khud hi baat nahi ki itne saal

by Location Scout (4.6k points)
+2 votes

Sunny couldn't match up to Shahrukh's exceptional talent. I've read many times Sunny showing his jealousy for SRK. When you cant match him in terms of stardom or talent or acting, better to stay quiet than to get sympathy everywhere.

by Star (146k points)
+1 vote

Acha hai that he moved in eventually. SRK has good relations with Dharmendra and Bobby, which shows that the problem was with Sunny. Still, he managed to get a Blockbuster where he had the lead role, while the real reason for the success was someone else.

by Assistant Director (52.1k points)
0 votes

Darr was more like SRK's film than Sunny. He got the best scenes, best songs and more importantly appreciation from critics and public alike. Sunny was overshadowed by some new guy because of which he was embarrassed lol.

by Star (152k points)

Related questions

+3 votes
5 answers 624 views
+2 votes
7 answers 540 views
+3 votes
3 answers 132 views