18. Being Yogesh - 35 points
  19. Imran1 - 35 points
  20. CultCharm - 34 points
  21. Sandeep - 33 points
  22. suraj.j - 25 points
  23. Ajay - 24 points
  24. Charlie Jatinder - 22 points
  25. Sss d - 19 points
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.
+2 votes

John Abraham & Emraan Hashmi To Star In Sanjay Gupta’s Periodic Gangster Drama

Renowned filmmaker Sanjay Gupta is all set to return back to his favourite genre of film-making – gangster drama from July onwards. His last film in the gangster space was Shootout At Wadala (2013) with John Abraham and Kangana Ranaut leading the cast.

Famous for his ensemble cast and unique style of film-making, Sanjay Gupta is set to look for another casting. For his upcoming film too he is reuniting with John Abraham and has roped in Emraan Hashmi for a remarkable addition to his cast. In the 15 years working in the film industry, this is the first time John Abraham and Emraan are coming up together in front of the camera. It is a film set in the 1980s and 1990s. The story, in a fictionalized manner and is based around the major events that turned Bombay to Mumbai. These will include the closing of mills, the murder of a key businessman, the nexus between politicians, cops, the underworld and the business fraternity.

After featuring Box office hits with cult classics like Kaante, Shootout at Lokhandwala & Zinda , Sanjay Gupta’s last release was Kaabil which had Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam in the lead.

Sanjay Gupta new film traces the evolution of Mumbai from Bombay and the key events that transformed the story of India’s fabled metropolis. Events like shutting down of mills and arrival of high rises, the gang wars and murders like the Khatua Murder which became a turning point in the story of Mumbai are said to be focal points of this gangster drama shooting of which will begin in July.

About his new film, which he states that its close to his heart, Sanjay remarks “It’s my 3rd outing with John and I’m super excited to work with Emraan, I have always wanted to work with him and I am back to my base of film making, gangster dramas and all I can say is…Its Good to be Home.” The untitled epic Gangster Saga is produced by Sanjay Gupta’s White Feather Films and Bhushan Kumar’s T-Series .

Photo courtesy: www.koimoi.com

Source Link: https://www.vbollywood.com/2019/06/11/john-abraham-emraan-hashmi-to-star-in-sanjay-guptas-periodic-gangster-drama/
in BOI Update by Costume designer (1.1k points)
0% Accept Rate

4 Answers

0 votes

That's the same project which was titled Mumbai Saga in 2013 where Sanjay Gupta wanted to cast John Abraham & Vivek Oberoi in the lead roles. It was put on hold for so many years but now Sanjay has retrieved this project. They will change the name of this film eventually.

I'm glad Sanjay kept John Abraham because he was superb in Shootout at Wadala. Emraan Hashmi is a good choice as well two-hero, in fact, it will be refreshing to see him and John Abraham for the first in a two-hero movie. I'm confident that both of these two versatile actors will nail their roles because there's an art when it comes to playing gangster roles.

Example of great gangster roles which actors gave an art for their terrific performances.

1. John Abraham -- Shootout At Wadala
2. Ajay Devgn -- Company & Once Upon a Time in Mumbai
3. Sanjay Dutt -- Vaastav
4. Amitabh Bachchan -- Deewaar, Don, Agneepath and Sarkar Raj
5. Emraan Hashmi -- Once Upon a Time in Mumbai
6. Manoj Bajpai -- Satya and Gangs of Wasseypur
7. Vivek Oberoi -- Company, Shootout at Lokhandwala and Rakhta Charita
8. Nana Patekar -- Parinda
9. Nawazuddin Siddiqui -- Gangs of Wasseypur
10. KGF -- Yash

by Production Accountant (22.4k points)
0 votes

Hashmi wud nail it.... John ko dialogue Kam dou...more of angry expression, Dialogues pe for dou.... & Bring Pritam in.... It can be a gud outing

by Camera Operator (11.9k points)
0 votes

Daaamn. That's the movie. SG is really good with gangster movies. And Hashmi mass shall be back again. Loved him in OATIM.

by Star (150k points)
0 votes

a to z korean films ka kachra karne ki thaan li hai isne

korean film association should file a lawsuit against him and send him to their north neighbour

by Location Scout (4.9k points)

Related questions

+5 votes
3 answers 3.7k views
3.7k views asked Feb 17, 2014 in Opinion by Baazigar All Time best! (285k points)