Bharat had the third highest Monday of the year after Uri - The Surgical Strike and Total Dhamaal but it had to be top even allowing for the extended five day Eid weekend which had more consumption than a normal weekend. The target was not a big one like 15 crore nett which is the highest on normal weekday rates.
The Monday fall is similar to films like Kesari and Gully Boy both of which were coming of holiday types of Fridays like Bharat but the difference is those films probably got a bigger boost on Friday. This leaves two films Uri - The Surgical Strike and Total Dhamaal with double digit figures on Monday this year and are probably the most appreciated films of the year. The latter is set for a long life with huge television viewership post the box office success.
Uri - The Surgical Strike had a phenomenal Monday as it gained almost 25% on Monday and is one of the rare films to go actually go up on Monday and by a good margin. Below are the top first Monday collections this year with the drop from Friday in brackets.
1. Uri: The Surgical Strike - 10,55,00,000 (+24.26%)
2. Total Dhamaal - 10,04,00,000 (-36.89%)
3. Bharat - 9,00,00,000 apprx (-57.65%)
4. Gully Boy - 8,41,00,000 (-56.33%)
5. Kesari - 7,94,00,000 (-61.46%)
6. Luka Chuppi - 7,75,00,000 (Holiday) (-0%)
7. De De Pyaar De - 5,73,00,000 apprx (-30%)
8. Student Of The Year 2 - 5,31,00,000 (-52.81%)
9. Manikarnika: The Queen Of Jhansi - 4,42,00,000 (-42.30%)
10. Badla - 3,84,00,000 (-23.05%)