18. nitesh singh - 74 points
  19. Bollywood_on_d_Rocks - 74 points
  20. power - 68 points
  21. Suhas - 60 points
  22. mr.hola - 59 points
  23. Lambodar - 53 points
  24. Santosh - 46 points
  25. venkat - 44 points
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.
+2 votes

De De Pyaar De Box Office: Ajay Devgn is all set to hit the theatre screens this Friday with a love drama, De De Pyaar De, which will showcase Rakul Preet Singh & Tabu in a love triangle with the former. After delivering a plus affair at the box office with Total Dhamaal, we wonder where this one will land up in Ajay’s Top 5 Highest Opening Grossers of all time? Let’s analyse!

Check out the Top 5 opening grossers of Ajay Devgn below:

Films Year Collections
Golmaal Again 2017 33.00 Cr
Singham Returns 2014 32.00 Cr
Total Dhamaal 2019 16.50 Cr
Baadshaho 2017 12.03 Cr
Himmatwala 2013 12.00 Cr

Golmaal Again

The 2017 comedy drama which has been directed by Rohit Shetty earned big time at the box office and garnered the Super-Hit title for itself. It made a collection of 33 crores on its day and became Ajay’s highest ever opening grosser of all time.

Singham Returns

The sequel to 2011 action drama was appreciated both by the audiences and the critics. It opened to whopping numbers of 32 crores, and lagged just by a crore from clashing with Golmaal Again in the terms!

Total Dhamaal

Third, on the list is this year’s Total Dhamaal which opened up to collections of 16.50 crores, and became the 4th highest opening grosser of 2019. The movie received a mix response by the critics and ended up as only a plus affair with lifetime numbers of 154.30 crores.

Baadshaho

Baadshaho, an action thriller, which starred Ileana D’Cruz as the leading lady opened up well with 12.03 crores, but gradually was rejected by the audience.

Himmatwala

The 2013 Sajid Khan directorial was another disappointment at the box office despite earning 12 crores on its opening day. It made an overall lifetime collection of only 45 crores.

Now comparing De De Pyaar De with the above, double-digit numbers are surely coming in, and considering Ajay’s massive fan base and the theme of the movie, expectations lie in the range of 15-17 crores. That means the competition is for the 3rd spot with Total Dhamaal. Now, let’s see whether it manages to cross the comical drama or will lie below it! What do y’all think?

https://www.koimoi.com/box-office/de-de-pyaar-de-box-office-33-crores-vs-top-5-openers-of-ajay-devgn-where-will-it-stand/

in Box Office Discussions by Camera Operator (9.7k points)
98% Accept Rate

reopened by

8 Answers

+2 votes

Best answer

154cr number of Total dhamaal is only plus affair for joginder while kesari 150cr is solid hit.
Regarding De de pyaar de i expect it to open around 13cr

by Unit Manager (32.1k points)
selected by

Hahahahahahahahahhahaaaaa.

+1 vote

Around 15 Crs Opening!

by Unit Manager (39.6k points)
+1 vote

I'll say around 12-13cr opening.

by Star (140k points)
+1 vote

It will take 16-17 cr opening.

by Location Scout (4.6k points)
+1 vote

It will open in the range of 15 cr, same as Total Dhamaal.

by Star (148k points)
+1 vote

It will do half of the ajays best opening day collection as it is not rohit shetty film.. May be even less as its a multiplex film.. 13cr..

by Location Scout (3.5k points)
+1 vote

The target of this movie is to touch 15-16cr for its opening which is why I'm going with this prediction. It's Ajay Devgn's stardom that will be carrying its weight on its shoulders just like Total Dhamaal so I think the opening will be in safe hands.

The trailer has gotten a superb response from the audience and the songs have been given positive feedback as well. I guess the promos of some scenes which Ajay Devgn has tweet has helped, I must say. So it shouldn't be rocket science in terms of Box Office because it will do well in Multiplexes and yes, Single Screens because of his mass following.

It can do 150cr at the Box Office as long as WOM is good. Ajay Devgn giving back to back 150cr on a Non-Holiday will be outstanding for him. He will end this decade with 11 Hits.

by Casting Director (18.1k points)
+1 vote

Should be less than 15 crores, and will depend upon word of mouth. If it's a good comedy, it will stay for long and cross 130 crores. I hope it becomes a clean hit.

by Camera Operator (8.3k points)

Related questions

+1 vote
3 answers 220 views
+2 votes
5 answers 207 views