18. Hrithikiantilldeath - 42 points
  19. Baadshah - 32 points
  20. Vivek Rai - 30 points
  21. Seinfeld - 27 points
  22. Irdwhelp - 25 points
  23. nitesh singh - 22 points
  24. CultCharm - 22 points
  25. devendran - 21 points
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.
+5 votes
in Cinematic Discussion by Second Unit Director (74.6k points)
71% Accept Rate

reopened by

Woah! That is a lot of news in one and also quite star studded we had say! Rohit Shetty aims to make his production with Farah Khan grand and if sources are to be believed, the filmmaker has already kicked off on his ambitious project, which is said to be a remake of the Amitabh Bachchan – Hema Malini starrer Satte Pe Satta and locked in the cast. Well, considering that it is going to be extensive, it hardly comes as a surprise that the director-producer was keen on Bollywood bigwigs and now sources have it that he has finalized Shah Rukh Khan and Katrina Kaif as the lead pair of the film.

If the news is true, Katrina Kaif will reunite with Shah Rukh Khan for the third time after the recent release Zero and the 2012 release Jab Tak Hai Jaan. A source close to the project said, “Farah Khan always loves to work with Shah Rukh Khan. And she thinks what better way to make a comeback after Happy New Year. She has been keen on working with the actor since a while now and feels that this will be a good opportunity. Rohit is absolutely on board with the idea. And Farah has always liked Katrina and is quite comfortable her. The two actors have shown keen interest on the script and they are yet to sign on the dotted line. So if all goes well, the four of them will come together for the first time.”
The film in question will be a remake of the 70s cult film Satte Pe Satta which starred Amitabh Bachchan in a double role along with Hema Malini as the leading lady and a host of other actors. Besides Shah Rukh and Katrina, the source mentioned that the makers are looking for other actors who will be playing the role of the supporting cast. An official announcement is yet to be made on these details!

13 Answers

+2 votes

Best answer

I would like this top happen. Kaafi time se keh raha hun that SRK should team up with Farah again.

only issue is that Katrina should not be in the movie. she doesn't have good chemistry with SRK and they were just in a big flop together.

by Assistant Director (52.2k points)
selected by

Srk should come with a new face other than these Deepika, Anushka & Katrina.
I would say go with a fresh pair ..

It's not just about the chemistry too, I have read that the role in the original movie required a lot of comedy and Hema ji played it really well. Katrina doesn't have those comedy chops. I think one of SRK's older heroines would be good here. I would love Juhi in this movie, though I know it won't happen.

Bring Srk - Kajol once again ...

SRK Kajol in a movie produced by Rohit, might as well cast Varun as one of the brothers and title it Dilwale 2

+4 votes

Farah Khan and SRK , the movie will be a clean hit for sure.

by Second Unit Director (71.6k points)
+3 votes

Baki sab thik hai but why katrina go for someone else

by Assistant Director (46k points)
+3 votes

yaa diwali release dhamaaka next year

by Location Scout (4.6k points)
+3 votes

I wouldn't mind they, i mean it's way better than doing so called content movies and it also won't waste SRK's time & money on VFX and other random stuffs.

by Mega Star (215k points)

but but redchillies will be waiting with their yet another innovative strategy

+3 votes

Best way to get an blockbuster. No VFX Shit. Pure Commerical Movie + Holiday release = Blockbuster. Do it SRK. Do these kinda movies. Atleast 3-4 in a row. Just like Sallu Bhai.

by Camera Operator (9.8k points)
+3 votes

It just reminds 2014 15 days of Srk wher he was giving 170ct 140cr with farah n rohit in masala genre.. that time srkfans were those are crap directors they do crap movies now srk is coming with content directors like manish imtiaz anand nw it wil be Dhamaka 300cr gone.. Result 80cr 60cr 88cr.. nw Srk n his fans are like 80cr se toh 140 170cr better hai atleast we isnt getting embrasment of failing to score over 100cr in 2020..

by Unit Manager (32.1k points)
edited by

lmao....................

+2 votes

Finally a great idea. This movie is a sureshot winner for SRK at the box office. Go for it man. This doesnt even need shitty vfx

by Star (146k points)
+2 votes

Make it asap and clash with canada citizen movie...

by Production Designer (12.5k points)
+1 vote

Do It Shahrukh. Another Disaster Coming Up!

by Unit Manager (31.1k points)

Ajay wont be a disaster. This kind of stuff is SRK'S best bet for a hit movie.

Dekhte hai par mujhe to nahi lagta ki lead hero ke taur par ab srk hit dega. Hope so ki de de par as par my opinion its not possible.

–1

Shahrukh has the habit of giving disasters even with big directors.. Anand rai, Imtiaz, Rahul dholakia, manesh sharma, Rohit shetty to name a few...

Seeing his current state, a hit movie seems the best result for him.

+1 vote

Of all the films they can remake they found this shitfest to remake..

by Location Scout (4.5k points)
+1 vote

classic ko barbad karo yahi agenda hai enka...............

by Location Manager (6k points)
+1 vote

already debunked.

Link: https://www.filmfare.com/news/bollywood/shah-rukh-khan-and-katrina-kaif-not-approached-for-satte-pe-satta-remake-33836.html

Shah Rukh Khan and Katrina Kaif not approached for Satte Pe Satta remake

Well, as per our sources, there is no truth to this news. A source stated that the makes haven't started approaching anyone yet. Currently, they are writing the final draft of the dialogues of the film and once it is complete, then only the makers will decide who will star in it. This clear all the rumours that SRK and Kat will be working together.

I've also read that makers of original aren't willing to sell remake rights.

by Set Decorator (1.3k points)

Thats why I said rumor

Related questions

+1 vote
4 answers 163 views
+2 votes
6 answers 330 views