0 votes

Katrina Kaif is known to be a fantastic dancer. The actress has starred in several films but has also given the audience some of the peppiest dance numbers to groove on. Some of them include ‘Sheila Ki Jawaani’, ‘Chikni Chameli’, ‘Kamli’, ‘Afghan Jalebi among others. Katrina Kaif recently appeared on Arbaaz Khan‘s chat show Pinch where she talked about performing and the criticism around item numbers.

When Arbaaz Khan asked about the actresses being criticized for doing dance numbers and the statement ‘everytime an actress does an item number, we set women back a decade.’ She responded, “Actually, I’m really glad that you asked that. I have a slightly different viewpoint on this, being someone for whom dance is a big part of life. I don’t view my songs as item numbers. They are not. Because dance is an art form, it’s an expression.”

She further added, “In this world of social commentary that now everyone has a platform to say anything, sometimes we don’t stop and question what is being said. We don’t stop and analyse whether there is any truth to it. In some of these waves that became popular in the media, we see women dancing in films as them being objectified. If you, as a woman, or the actress feels for one second that you are being objectified in the song, you should not be doing it.”

She further added, “In this world of social commentary that now everyone has a platform to say anything, sometimes we don’t stop and question what is being said. We don’t stop and analyse whether there is any truth to it. In some of these waves that became popular in the media, we see women dancing in films as them being objectified. If you, as a woman, or the actress feels for one second that you are being objectified in the song, you should not be doing it.”

https://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/features/katrina-kaif-reacts-criticism-around-actresses-item-numbers/

asked in General Queries by Camera Operator (11.6k points)
96% Accept Rate

3 Answers

0 votes

Since trendsetter Munni Badnaam Hui released,item numbers have become a regular occurrence.

answered by Editor (87.5k points)
0 votes

watched kaal only for king khans item number haha good memories

answered by Camera Operator (11.2k points)

Post is about actresses and their item numbers and you're recalling SRK here? As far as I know he isnt an actress

Watched kkhh for Salman khan song..

Lol this guy is srk fan's kashyap no matter what the question he will bring srk into it

+1

Yeah he's hopeless.

0 votes

If the actress has no problem then why people bring on their feminism guns and start firing.

answered by Editor (80.3k points)

Related questions

+14 votes
11 answers 2.2k views
2.2k views asked Nov 19, 2013 in Archived by Suhas All Time best! (279k points)
+1 vote
2 answers 96 views
96 views asked May 9, 2017 in General by God Father Unit Manager (37.4k points)