18. mr.hola - 56 points
  19. Ajay - 50 points
  20. Hrithikiantilldeath - 49 points
  21. kashyap123 - 43 points
  22. Greek God - 40 points
  23. Imran1 - 39 points
  24. Invincible - 34 points
  25. Baadshah - 33 points
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.
+2 votes
Sify.comMoviesBollywood'Salman is hero No. 1 in comedy'

'Salman is hero No. 1 in comedy'

Source : COLUMNS

By : IANS

Last Updated: Fri, Jun 20, 2008 05:47 hrs

Bollywood producer Pahlaj Nihalani, who was instrumental in shaping actor Govinda's career with his first hit Ilzaam, says Salman Khan is currently ruling the comedy circuit and is the best comic actor.

"Though I have not worked with Salman till now, but I think in the industry today, he is the best actor as far as comic timing is concerned. He can play any kind of role but in comedy he is number one," Nihalani, who has completed 30 years in the industry, said.

The producer claims that his hit comic caper Shola Aur Shabnam, starring Govinda and late Divya Bharti, popularised comedy in Bollywood. The film was directed by David Dhawan.

"My film Shola Aur Shabnam was a trendsetter in comedy films. People did not like to watch comedy before that, but after that viewers don't like to watch anything besides comedy," said Nihalani, who also produced blockbuster comedy Aankhen in 1993.

Nihalani is also known for introducing actors like Govinda, Suniel Shetty, Neelam Kothari, Chunky Pandey, and Divya Bharati, among others. Now he is bringing two newcomers Rishi Rehan and Avantikka in Khushboo, releasing Friday.

"I always believe in introducing new talents as they do not have an image. Besides, I feel the country is brimming with talent and we, as responsible producers, should provide them a chance to prove their mettle."

His next will be a sequel to the 1993 hit Aankhen that will see most of the original cast. The producer said he is also planning to make a film based on the true story of Kandahar plane hijack in 1999.

About Us Data Center Cloud Computing Servers Cloud Applications Hosting MPLS VPN Network Services

© Copyright Sify Technologies Ltd, 1998-2018. All rights reserved
in Cinematic Discussion by Second Unit Director (73.7k points)
99% Accept Rate

reopened by

AAA, Judwaa, Biwi No 1, Dhlj,Mpkk,MSk, Partner, Ready.

8 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

Govinda will remembered as the best actor in comedy ....
But Akshay, Salman & Anil Kapoor has also excelled in comedy films ...

by Editor (86.8k points)
selected by
+1 vote

disagree with Palhaj but Salman did well in MSK and Jaan-e-Mann

by Assistant Director (52.9k points)
edited by

Even judwaa, dhlj

I did not like Salman in Judwaa.

+1 vote

Govinda
Salman
Akshay
Anil kapoor
Ajay Devgan in order

by Set Decorator (1.7k points)
+1 vote

Now that Pahlaj Nihlani has said, it becomes un-disputable ...

by Location Manager (5.1k points)
0 votes

I used to think wrong about Pahlaj Nihlan, he is a humble man, i mean he's giving that title to Salman but everyone knows that their is only one number one comedian in industry and they is he himself. What a guy, what a selfless personality.

by Mega Star (216k points)
0 votes

Salman, number 1 in Comedy? Lol. Pahlaj can't be trusted from now onwards.

by Camera Operator (10.4k points)

So you used to trust him before??

0 votes

I dont agree with him. Pankaj is the no 1 in comedy.

by Star (148k points)
0 votes

by Location Scout (4.9k points)