18. Sandeep - 21 points
  19. karan khan - 21 points
  20. Vivek Rai - 19 points
  21. Nikeel - 18 points
  22. Grand Nova - 18 points
  23. God Father - 17 points
  24. being_tanveer - 15 points
  25. Invincible - 15 points
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

70.8k questions

270k answers

331k comments

1.5k users

Categories

+23 votes

For Indian Users:

1. CONTRIBUTE HERE

For overseas Users:

1. Use this Link to send money using PayPal.

If you're facing any issues please message me and ill get back to you. Thanks in advance.

How will the funds raised be used:

1. Majority of it will go to get a quality server for the forum.
  2. To get a new layout for the forum, which is more mobile-friendly, considering more than 80% of the visits on our site - do so through mobile phone.

Overview:

IBO Community has been around since 2013, as a go-to place for hardcore Box Office enthusiasts to have a go at creating conversations related to, including, but not limited to, Indian Cinema, Trade and TV.

Over past six years, IBO Forum have seen its fair share of ups and downs, from the hacking incident back in 2014, or the data purge of over 6 months worth of content from Database in 2018, to many users leaving the community over years due to many reasons. Despite of all these negative circumstances, the community as a whole was able to survive, and create content that enabled discussions across various topics which received millions of hits over the Internet.

Now we're at a stage where our forum's database is bloated with more than a million records in it, including Questions, Answers, Comments and the hidden variations of the aforementioned. As a result, I have had to subscribe to a high-cost server, which has seriously been burning holes in my wallet. Needless to say, the income from the forum has been lackluster with just 4 payments in the past two years. The reason behind the lack of income is due to the forum's content not being advertisement friendly considering the text/content to post ratio in majority (say 90%) of the posts are inadequate to attract high-payout rich ads.

I have been seriously considering to make the forum read-only, and disable logins - making it an archive essentially, to decrease the load on server. This would mean that there will be no new interactions in the forum, and it will remain on the internet for reference purposes for the existing content. As a result, i will be able to subscribe to a much-much cheaper host, compared to what we have today.

The reason behind choosing the archiving path initially, was due to the fact that the community members, you guys, have been working hard over the years with each and every interaction - be it positive, or negative to build this community up, opposed to removing the content from the site and disappear without a trace - as if we didn't exist before. 

After discussing with the Admin/Mods panel, i have decided to not go with the archiving path, and to try going the crowdfunding path - and invite you guys to contribute to the forum monetarily. 

If you are not able to contribute monetarily, its all good. Keep supporting the community by creating posts, and adding to the discussions with answers and comments.

Few Notes on how to contribute to the forum through content / Good practices: 

1) Post self-written content, it helps a lot. 
2) When you are posting a link to the forum (an article, or a story on an upcoming release etc), make it a habit to add a few lines of your opinion on the story that you are sharing. 
3) Use the forum as a platform to build yourself up, add your social links along with your content. We get a ton of visitors each day, so use it to your advantage. If you grow, the community grows as well. 

PS: If any of you think that the fundraiser could do with better reward tiers, or if you have any feedback at all - do send me a message here

sincerely,

Zin

in Site related by Assistant Director (49.2k points)
100% Accept Rate

reopened by

3 Answers

+2 votes

Best answer

I'd like to encourage everyone to help for this cause.

It's a family now

by Unit Manager (37k points)
selected by
+3 votes

There's no way I could send money from Nepal to India or other countries. I would want to help the forum if there are any other ways possible. Since I am myself a developer, let me know where I could be useful. Happy Holi to you and the forum guys!

by Camera Operator (8.8k points)

No problem whatsoever.

"...Since I am myself a developer.."

The script that im using in the site is PHP based, and it uses basic CSS coding for layout/theme.

As i mentioned in the post, getting a responsive layout done is one of the priority, if you can help with that itd be cool. I can also PM you the link to that script in case you want to see it for yourself?

Can you guys please try a materialistic theme? I can help by bringing traffic. You can implement more Ads. Just asking..Right now i am learning Web Design & Algorithms so I can't help that much but still.

The funds raised will be used for that, getting a responsive theme like I mentioned above is a priority.

+2

I am specifically a Java developer. If you were something on JSP, or Grails, I could be of help. Let me know if there is any little thing I can be useful for; and thanks for this forum...

+2 votes

I'll contribute definitely, and encourage all forum users to do so, whatever they can. Forum has been like family since the last 5 years.

by Star (156k points)

Related questions

+5 votes
4 answers 209 views
209 views asked Feb 27 in Site related by suraj.j Camera Operator (11k points)
+7 votes
3 answers 163 views
163 views asked Jul 19, 2013 in Archived by anonymous