18. Vivek Rai - 68 points
  19. nitesh singh - 60 points
  20. power - 55 points
  21. mr.hola - 53 points
  22. Suhas - 47 points
  23. Santosh - 46 points
  24. venkat - 44 points
  25. God Father - 34 points
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.
+2 votes

FICCI Frames 2019 festival is going on and well, experts from the industry including actors, directors, screen writers and filmmakers from the industry have come together to discuss Bollywood films and more. In one of the sessions, screen writer Anjum Rajabali was asked if Shah Rukh Khan pulled him out of Saare Jahan Se Achcha because even Zero had a space theme and it was FAILURE at the box office? To which Anjum very clearly said, “Dukhti rag pe haath rakh diya.” He further said, “I will make a slightly more basic point here. This whole practice and culture of postmortem, of analysing what went wrong hasn’t really caught on. What happens is then, there are knee-jerk reactions rather than responses even from the makers.” He also pointed out, “Oh! It could be because of the space and hence we put two and two together. Oh it’s because the time wasn’t right, nobody wants to see a disabled person in a star’s role.’ It could also well be that there was a problem with the DNA of the script. I think the writer should also be involved in that honest introspection to be able to determine where did things go wrong.”

Anjum futher analysed what actually went wrong with Zero and said, “Most of the times, when a film doesn’t connect in spite of the fact that the idea was good, director was talented and the stars were attractive, it is because the script has gone wrong. That is where we need to be investing in. Allow more space for the writing to really emerge. You have to cook it on a low gas. There is no pressure cooker writing, which takes place. If you are asking me, there was a problem with the script (of Zero). Himanshu (Sharma) is a very talented person but things go wrong sometimes. I don’t think he said no to Saare Jahan Se Achcha because of the space (angle). I think he is also pretty shaken up. He was banking a lot on that.”

Shah Rukh Khan currently is busy with production work. His production Badla has done well at the box office. He is now making three web series for Netflix.

https://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/bollywood/shah-rukh-khan-shaken-real-bad-zero-debacle-unsure-future-projects-claims-anjum-rajabali/

in Cinematic Discussion by Camera Operator (9.6k points)
96% Accept Rate

reopened by
+1

There's my screenwriting teacher. Ofcourse he was the HOD still..

And yes, Zero's major issue was at the scripting level only. And it was quite evident the failure of Zero has shook everyone involved with the project.

12 Answers

+5 votes

Best answer

You know what, SRK has given his fans plenty of Dus this decade, he's kinds delusional, didn't learnt from his mistakes and went on to do more mistakes. He kinda broke trust of his fans and audience many times.

But you know, i can't really say that it's enough, i don't want more SRK, because i do, no matter what he does, I'll never get enough of him, he's SRK, hrs got down, he'll get back up. Because that's what he does.

So i say this now.....

Some people may lose their faith in him & leave him.....

BUT NOT US..!!

NOT US..!!

AND CERTAINLY NOT ME..!!

by Mega Star (213k points)
selected by
+2

Aamir Khan Hasnt Played Safe In His Career Had He Played Safe We Wouldn't Have Got Films Like- Jo Jeeta Wahi Sikander, Ghulam, Sarfarosh, Lagaan, Dil Chahta Hai, Rang De Basanti, Taare Zameen Par, Talaash, Dangal, They Were Not Mainstream Commercial Films Still Aamir Took The Risk And Made Them Successful At Box Office.

Had Aamir Played Safe He Wouldn't Have Refused Blank Cheque Offered By YRF Right After 3 Idiots When He Was At The Peak Of Superstardom And Said To Be Undisputed No. 1 In The Industry, Even Trade Accepted Him As Biggest Star.
Rather Than Playing Safe He Did Art Film Dhobi Ghat And Offbeat Feature Film Talaash!

+1

@tb
yes tht was at the beginning, Aamir only asked for a joint narration... see now......... Since sarfarosh/lagaan Aamir has upped the game.... Shahrukh can only do bole chudiyan bole kangana lol..... Even there he is struggling for a decent opening....

+2

If you think that SRK is afraid of doing things then I don't have anything to explain to you, you can live in your lapa land and make aamir shaped cookies, bake em up in aamir brand microwave, eat tgem with your aamir shaped teeth and do whatever you wanna do, just stay out of my way.

+1

Even a romantic raj-rahul movies is also a risk for shahrukh now lol....... He should now play Tiger's dad.

+3 votes

I Think Shahrukh Should Also Take A Long Break And Then Start His 2nd Innings Like Dilip Kumar And Amitabh Bachchan!

by Unit Manager (39.4k points)

Chaliye mil ke khelte h kaun banega karodpati

+2 votes

One thing I would say is that if all the people involved in the movie are shaken up by it, then maybe they were too much in love with their own work to see clearly, because anyone thinking clearly would have seen the disaster coming from a mile away.

That said, I am of course sad that SRK is so hurt. Anushka and Katrina had said that they hadn't seen him so passionate about a movie before. It was like SRK's baby. Of course it was ALR and Himanshu's shot at the big table.

I understand the decision to take a sabbatical as anyone would realise after that disaster that they aren't in the right frame of mind to be making movies.

by Assistant Director (49.2k points)
+2 votes

He's planning to retire as a leading man it seems. He has the talent to stage a comeback like Big B did in 2000.

by Director (140k points)
+2 votes

Good to know that lol.. Loving it, bahut ghamandi tha ye.

by Location Scout (4.4k points)
+2 votes

Lol, People sayin' "SRK is Over", "SRK" never gets out of his comfort zone", "SRK will take retirement".

PHELE APNE STARS KI SOCHO, OR RAHI BAAT SRK KI, IN LAST 10 YEARS HE NEVER DID AN REMAKE/SOUTH COPY ALL FILMS he did were of DIFFERENT GENRES WHETHER IT BE SCI FI, CRIME/HEIST, ROMANCE, ACTION & COMEDY AND ALWAYS DID MOVIES OUT OF HIS COMFORT ZONES. Ra One, Zero & there are various films which bought something new to the bollywood. Yes he has lost his audience (40%) but in this era CONTENT >> Stardom. If there's content then the movie is ATBB and if there's no content then film's fuel soon will finish & the film will stop.

by Camera Operator (8.4k points)

SRK is a tremendous actor, that hurts more to see a man like him wasting himself in movies like zero, jhms, dilwale etc

As far as retiring goes, he will be 54 this year and isnt signing any movies. Age catches up with everyone.

Dude you forget that Thalaiva's age is 68. His last was Petta as an Leading Hero.

He INDEED is wasting his precious years with JHMS kinda movies but i can guarantee you that he isn't going to calm down soon. Abhi to sirf 54 years hi hoye hai!

+1

Suraj, South industry is very very different from Bollywood. Here audiences will not accept any of the khans romancing a girl half their age now. Sensibilities are different. SRK has a lot to offer but for that he needs to quit his obsession for VFX and ask his RCE idiots to stop interfering in what he does. When he gets it right, result is also a movie like Fan, which was an acting masterclass

+1 vote

He is shaken up badly means he thought zero will work and now that is where the problem is how could he even think that films like JHMS and Zero will work

by Assistant Director (45.1k points)
edited by
+1 vote

Lets hope shake hone k bad kuch tagdi film de srk

by Art Director (2.7k points)
+1 vote

Shahrukh is always scared of doing off-beat & non romantic films out of his comfort zone and Banner.... It comes as no surprise.

by Second Unit Director (77.3k points)

I agree SRK should do more non-romantic films. I would prefer him do an action, or comedy movie rather than doing off-beat films.

Also SRK produces a lot of his films is because he wants to own the intellectual property of his films.

+1 vote

Baat ek he hai SRK ka time khtm....

by Location Manager (6.6k points)
+1 vote

Srk should go with digital like akki if he wants to be relevant other than that he should focus more on his strengths rather than his weaknesses. he's very smart producer.
He can also do some tv to get connected by local audience.
He will bounce back

by Set Designer (1.9k points)
+1 vote

He should retire his career is at the end

by Location Manager (5.3k points)

Related questions

+2 votes
4 answers 341 views
341 views asked Aug 30, 2017 in General by God Father Production Accountant (25.5k points)
+3 votes
0 answers 67 views