18. nitesh singh - 7 points
  19. God Father - 7 points
  20. being_tanveer - 5 points
  21. Sandeep - 4 points
  22. Raghib - 4 points
  23. Santosh - 4 points
  24. Invincible - 4 points
  25. Sanal - 4 points
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.
+1 vote
Gully Boy was rock steady on Tuesday as it collected 8 crore nett though collections were probably helped a little by the minor holiday in Maharashtra. The film has collected around 88 crore nett and will cruise past the 100 crore nett mark in its extended first week..

There is a huge ratio of business coming from Mumbai, Thane and Pune. These three cities together contributed 30% of the all India business on Monday and it could be even more on Tuesday. It will be the second Friday which will tell where the film will go.

The Monday collections ensured the last euro director remained standing and although these types dont want to show the pressure that the box office puts on them there would have been sigh of relieve on Monday. The media and industry have gone bonkers over this film but this was sort of expected irrespective of results as the media and the section of the Hindi film industry today loves mediocrity but more on this tomorrow.

The first six day collections of Gully Boy are as follows.

Advertisement

Thursday - 19,25,00,000 apprx

Friday - 12,75,00,000 apprx

Saturday - 18,50,00,000 apprx

Sunday - 21,00,00,000 apprx

Monday - 8,50,00,000 apprx

Tuesday - 8,00,00,000 apprx

TOTAL - 88,00,00,000 apprx
Source Link: https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=4741
in BOI Update by Assistant Director (49.6k points)
88% Accept Rate

reopened by

6 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

Bahut Bhadiya

by Assistant Director (42.7k points)
selected by
+1 vote

Highest Grossing Movie of SLB,, Rohit Shetty,, Zoya Akhtar all belong to RS.

by Camera Operator (9.7k points)
+1

Yes 90s me bhi aise luck bhut actors ka tha jinko Big Hit mil jaati thi.

That's TB for you now he's bringing ffs to prove CE>Simba and Znmd>Gullyboy but that day he asked me to believe that pk>bb even though ffs of BB is more.
Just TB things
Though I agree CE>Simba, because the former was a ATG and the later is 10th highest with 50lacks less ffs than CE.

BB & PK released within months, not within years, similar tax rates, similar prices & BB actually released after PK.

Nope BB was taxed higher, tax rate was higher during BB you can even ask CJ for confirmation.
With similar tax rate BB could have earned 5-5.5cr nett more.

+1 vote

Painful to see film like gully boy equalling zero collection in just 5 days.
Are we really seeing end of srk?
Is audience interested in youth heroes?
Or is it the decline of srk?
If hrithik s30 does not cross 100,then he will remain like akki or ajay giving average flops semihits.

by Location Manager (6.1k points)

There are a section which are interested in youth stars, but also the point that the WOM those movies get are positive, there are movies factors, GB is mainly for rap loving youths & it strike a chord with it's target audience.

Problem with SRK is not about audience interested in him or not, problem is he's not doing movies which a superstar should be doing, no need of experimenting, see movies like Dilwale or HNY even if bad will still float at BO, movies like JHMS, Zero do not, they crash & burn.

Chances of commercial movies crashing & burning are very low and coincidentally in 2018 it happened, but these commercial movies were really bad even by commercial standards. But movies like JHMS, Zero & even Tubelight crash & burn faster & such movies gets outright rejected.

A superstar must do a movies which audience have expected from him.

Always remember - Audience views these young stars as actors and can accept them being presented in any way as long as product is good enough, but they views Superstars as different, and a Gully Boy will fall flat with SRK or Salman.

Just so big movies, event movies, try not to experiment, keep it simple

S30 will not be disaster buddy, it will be hit and do 120cr minimum.. Mark my words...

Hrithikian I hope you're right buddy. But the amount of time taken by the movie plus controversies plus media negativity fueled by the me too movement plus re shooting......doesnt make me feel good.

+1 vote

The media and industry have gone bonkers over this film but this was sort of expected irrespective of results as the media and the section of the Hindi film industry today loves mediocrity but more on this tomorrow.
Waiting for this now BOI won't stop

by Assistant Director (49.3k points)

Mediocrity?? Its a critically acclaimed film. If gully boy is mediocre then what are great films for u.

I didn't say it BOI did i just copy pasted it from the above article i just said i am waiting for their rant and cry against euro directors

Dattani, a great movie isnt what is confined to three metro cities. Here I support BOI. Sadly the era of family cinema is over. And fans like you will have the last laugh. The movie is old wine packed in a new bottle. Theres nothing new about it. One of zoya's weakest movies for me.

0 votes

Rock Steady on a holiday, and it wasn't a minor holiday for Maharashtra atleast & coincidentally that's the region where Gully Boy is doing best, also a minor holiday in North, so that's why it got benefit from it.

by Mega Star (218k points)
0 votes

The media is going bonkers over the movie, exactly............and I do not know why. Its the same old underdog story.

by Star (156k points)

Related questions

+1 vote
3 answers 196 views
196 views asked Feb 23 in BOI Update by Roman Assistant Director (49.6k points)
+3 votes
4 answers 263 views