18. mr.hola - 49 points
  19. Hrithikiantilldeath - 47 points
  20. kashyap123 - 41 points
  21. Greek God - 36 points
  22. Ajay - 34 points
  23. Invincible - 34 points
  24. Imran1 - 32 points
  25. Baadshah - 30 points
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.
+3 votes

BIG  STARS  IN  EACH  DECADE 

DECADE : 1930s (Late 30s) & 1940s 

1)  KL SAIGAL

2)  ASHOK KUMAR

3)  PRITHVIRAJ KAPOOR

DECADE : 1950s & 1960s (Early 60s)

1) DILIP KUMAR

2) RAJ KAPOOR

3) DEV ANAND

DECADE : 1960s 

1)  RAJENDRA KUMAR

2)  SHAMMI KAPOOR

3)  SUNIL DUTT

DECADE : 1970s,, 1980s & 1990s (Early 90s)

1) AMITABH BACHCHAN

2) DHARMENDRA

3) RAJESH KHANNA

MODERN ERA (After 1994)

1) SHAHRUKH KHAN

2) SALMAN KHAN

3) AAMIR KHAN

There are Total 15 Actors and  10 Actors are In All Time Great Stars.

NOTE 

Others Actors are also Big Stars But Their Popularity is Not More Than in Their Decade compare to above Mention Actors 

Example -> Manoj Kumar was also Biggest Star of 70s but he has only 6 Hits but all 6 are Big Grosser He  has Given Hattrick BLOCKBUSTER 1974-76 All 3 have more than 4cr Footfalls including RKAM with 5cr Footfalls but at that Time Others Actors (Rajesh,, Dharmendra ) was More Bigger than Him.

As NEW BOI said That There are Many Actors in 100 Years of Hindi Cinema who has Biggest Blockbuster or ATBB but only 7-8 Are Real Box Office Stars.

in General Queries by Camera Operator (8.5k points)
18% Accept Rate

edited by
+1

I will say You have great knowledge and doing a great job I am a novice in comparison to you

+1

...from 2018
hrithik, ranbir, ranveer

Abhi start to hone do

9 Answers

+2 votes

Modern era after 1994
Salman khan
Srk
Aamir khan
Rest I totally agree with the list

by Production Accountant (26k points)
+1 vote

Another list .... rehash of same like indefinite supply of pointless bollywood potboilers of 80's and 90s

by Location Manager (5.1k points)

Thank you

+1 vote

Amitabh Bachchan
Dharamendra
Dilip Kumar
Salman Khan
Shahrukh Khan
Rajesh Khanna
Rajendra Kumar
Kundan Lal Saigal
Aamir Khan
Dev Anand

by Assistant Director (43.7k points)

Top 7 are already Big box Office Star..
Other are Dev,Ashok,Jeetendra,Shammi,Aamir etc...

Hmm Agree, If Aamir Gets 6 More Hits And 1 More Blockbuster Then He Will Also Be Big Box Office Star And In Top 7 Actors Of All Time (25 Hits And 10 Blockbusters Is A Must To Be Among All Time Greats), Besides Aamir Is Among Top 3 In Terms Of Major Box Office Records And Has 10 Odd Bumper And 5 Odd Record Openers Along With Having Around 30 Years Of Stardom, 25 Years Of Top League Big Stardom And 15 Years Of Superstardom!

+1 vote

big b dilip saab srk and aamir are all time greats

by Location Scout (4.9k points)
0 votes

80 s should be Amitabh Bachchan, Mithun Chakravorty and Anil Kapoor [ Meri Jung (85), Karma (86),Mr India (87), Tezaab (88),Ram Lakhan (89) , Rakhwala, Eeshwar,Yudh, Jaanbaz,Woh Saat Din , Shakti].

by Second Unit Director (73.4k points)

Since 1985, there was Mithun and Anil Kapoor all the way.Dharmendra achieved so much in 1987 but he was passed his prime by then with B grade movies nearly every Friday.

+1

For Your Kind Information...
1969-71 Belongs to Khanna
1972-75 Belong to Dharmendra
1976-92 Belong to Amitabh
Total -> 22 Years Belong to them
Baaki Deol 2-3 Years bich me tha fir srk 1995-2009 & Salman 2010s Onwards.
50-60 saal me Takkar JEETENDRA + DEOL + AAMIR me hai ..
Baaki aaye gye

With all respect to Amitabh Bachchan and his opening records, Bollywood survived on Mithun and Anil Kapoor success mainly from 1985 to 1990).

+1

true about mithunda and Anil....Anil was bigger star in big budget movie in big cities while mithinda was huge star in interiors from 1985 to 1991...infact mithunda used to get more screen space when it comes to multistarrer like ilaka, jeete hai shanse, watan ke rakhwale, swarg se sunder etc,...Data was one of the biggest interor hit....he has huge fan following in small cities and interior, he will have 15-20 hits in that decade but all were small except PJN and Ghulami
you cant call amitabh rajesh khanna dharmendra as a trio rajesh khanna has lost stardom in 1973 itself it should amitabh,dharam, vinod in 70s and amitabh jitendra, mithun in 80s dharam has only one great year i.e 1987 but all of them multistarer except hukumat

0 votes

Aamir Khan, Aamir Khan, Aamir Khan.

by Production Accountant (27.4k points)
0 votes

Modern era after 2010...

Aamir far ahead..... opening, lifetime, overseas, worldwide, quality, box-office, imdb, critical accliam, reaching indian cinema to global audience.

by Second Unit Director (77.8k points)

haha... Dont think so, 2009 to 2017? still not enough movies... He is good enough to be in the list, but not lead the list!

–1 vote

We all know the answer....
In olden days... There was no social media negativity no cricket affecting no Netflix no other online portals no totrrrrrrents no no amazon prime etc and no two movie releasing on dame day effecting.....
And all of these affect alot today....
Olden days... 5cr footfalls is like 1.5cr footfalls in today's time.
Plus the quality of those old movies is so damn ridiculous.... Vomit worthy....
I was watching a recent movie.... Khalnayak.... And in background people were looking at camera and doing their thing.... Meaning production values were so garbage.... And that movie is considered a cult classic... You can compare that cult with today's ram gopal Verma ki movie... And ramu might be better.

Sholay.... Damn thay movie you will sleep twice wake up and movie will still be playing.... If released today.... Will do exactly as much it did back in 70s. 10 15 crore.

That guy... Ummmmm...... Superstar guy...... Khanna... Yeah rajesh khanna.... His acting was so pathetic and over the top.... He would speak one dialogue... Walk few steps... Speak another dialogue then walk few more steps... And the rate of delivery words out of his mouth was directly proportional to the amount of steps he would take in a scene.... Amitabh Bachchan played one character in 100 movies..... While Dev anand... Was on vibration mode.... Standards set were so low... That if you are bad.... You are considered best of all time.

by Star (157k points)

Bhai Tumhare Jaise he hai Khans Hater bhi unko Aise he lagta hai unki Movie dekh krr abhi itna negativity krte hai jab retire ho jynge to kya krnge kitna Troll krnge ...

Yeah and what I see on Internet and outside makes me want to believe that those old timers are angels who could do no wrong.....

–5 votes

update karo isko...1994 - 2019.......

by Production Accountant (27.4k points)

Kya update karu ab ?

Related questions

+3 votes
7 answers 284 views
+1 vote
3 answers 153 views