18. Seinfeld - 60 points
  19. Maniac01 - 57 points
  20. GOD - 45 points
  21. Santosh - 44 points
  22. Sss d - 43 points
  23. playboy - 42 points
  24. Rowdy - 37 points
  25. Rahat - 37 points
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.
+1 vote

Sooraj Barjatya to reunite with Salman Khan; Here's all you need to know about the family drama

Feb 05, 2019, 07:36 IST | Sonil Dedhia

Refuting rumours of making an actioner, Sooraj Barjatya ready to reunite with Salman Khan for another family drama; hopes to roll early next year

Sooraj Barjatya to reunite with Salman Khan; Here's all you need to know about the family drama

Salman Khan

In their collaborations over the past three decades, filmmaker Sooraj Barjatya has displayed a knack for bringing out a lesser explored side of Salman Khan as the soft-spoken Prem. Three years after they joined hands on Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (2015), Barjatya is ready to reunite with his Prem.

While rumours suggested that the two are in talks for an actioner, Barjatya pooh-poohs the suggestion. "I have discussed the primary idea with Salman. It's going to be a family drama, and not an action film. All I can say is that it will have all the necessary ingredients that a Rajshri production has — emotions, drama and a lot of music. It is going to be my most satisfying film. But right now, I am concentrating on my younger son Avnish's career; he will make his directorial debut soon."

Sooraj Barjatya
Sooraj Barjatya

Currently busy with his production Hum Chaar, the filmmaker intends to sit at the writing table soon to give shape to the Khan starrer. "I am going to put pen to paper after March, and hopefully, we should roll by next year."

The director started his career with Khan with Maine Pyar Kiya (1989), and went on to deliver hits together in Hum Aapke Hain Koun! (1994) and Hum Saath Saath Hain (1999). Stating that the superstar is almost family, Barjatya says he can't envision a movie without him. "Whenever I am ready with the script, Salman has assured me that he will be ready too."

His uninterrupted success at the box office proves that he is the master of family dramas. But detractors have often pointed out how Barjatya has rarely stepped out of his comfort zone. Quiz him on it, and he says, "I am comfortable with this genre, and I feel there are many family stories that still need to be told."

Source Link: https://www.mid-day.com/articles/sooraj-barjatya-to-reunite-with-salman-khan-heres-all-you-need-to-know-about-the-family-drama/20348187
in Upcoming Releases by Location Scout (3.4k points)
39% Accept Rate

reopened by
+2

Yes indeed.

13 Answers

+2 votes

Best answer

Salman-Sooraj bring it on, Sooraj is still a huge brand in interiors and among family audience.
Make it as per your own vision, no need to compromise only for the sake of salman's action avatar.
Make a clean family movie without much melodrama and release it on Diwali, biggest opening will be a cake walk.
Let's see how Sooraj's most satisfying film translates on big screen.
I am excited for this one, he's far far better than Remo, Arbaaz, Sohail, Prabhudeva, there's no comparison actually.

by Production Accountant (28.9k points)
selected by
+2 votes

Wow !
My longing for a collaboration between Salman and Sooraj nearing to be fulfilled.

by Executive Producer (62.5k points)
+1 vote

Oh please not again. Sooraj and his movies are so damn outdated. If he makes a fresh family drama keeping the sanskar quotient intact I'm all for it. But if he's planning another return trip to 1994, then Salman needs to skip it. Audiences have changed even more since 2015.

by Director (135k points)
+1 vote

Anything Sooraj Made But Movie With Full Entertaining just like hum aapke hain koun otherwise modern era londa lapadas not accepted it. yes if whole movie entertaining then not stopping at the box office and sky is the limit.

by Production Accountant (26.3k points)
+1 vote

If This Movie turns out atleast as well as Hssh...then Expect firworks for 5 weeks in cinemas. Will easily be biggest Hit since Gadar.

by Location Manager (6.1k points)
0 votes

The last thing salman needs to do right now
No wayy just no wayy

by Assistant Director (42.1k points)

I'm not saying for myself, prdp was a garbage I agree but there is a audience section which appreciate these cinemas. I mean middle aged women but race3 kind of movie has no audience.
It is one of the biggest hit on television so there's obviously a section that liked this garbage.
Otherwise it would have crashed like race3, I don't think he'll make something like mpk or hahk.
He accepted his mistakes in prdp, I don't think he'll repeat that.
Btw nothing can be worse than race3.

Nothing can be worse than Race 3, nope, the movies of this marriage video maker are worse than Race 3, all of them, no exceptions.

Well audience reception doesn't hint that
opinion differs

@Roman i just don't like his brand of cimema although i agree with you since rarely family movies are made so if well made it can suprise also he has his section of audience no doubt
Also will always be thankful to him for MPK and HAHK although i don't like HAHK
But IMO i don't want salman to do a Barjatya movie

0 votes

It won't beat Thugs opening....

by Second Unit Director (77k points)
0 votes

Prdp got hit verdict, this one will struggle for that if sooraj does not change his vision.

by Production Accountant (25.2k points)

Hahk bigger than MPK, Vivaah bigger than MPKDH, the next going to be bigger than 2 cr footfalls movie PRDP

–1 vote

salmans fanbase has changed from the 90s and he needs to understand that launda lapadis would not like this kind of a movie

by Location Manager (5.5k points)

You have admitted that at least Salman had a fanbase in the 90s, thanks.

ofcourse he had man but it was not the mass following he has of now it was mostly families specially girls who loved him in the character of prem but right now this kind of a movie will not become that huge due to the change in his fanbase the masses do not want their salman bhai in a family drama

+1

Look at prdp's opening and satellite reception it was only due to Salman+Sooraj

–3 votes

Be Afraid Ghajini, Be Very Very Afraid. Your Boxoffice Figure Has A New Competitor.

by Production Accountant (27.1k points)
+1

Yeah yeah dabangg is forgotten and Thugs is a cult classic happy now

–2

Still The Joke Is On You.

Yeah that is as true as saying TOH is a blockbuster

–1

Its Still On You.

–4 votes

So Prem will be back with another marriage video, along with the director who lowers the bar of mediocrity with his every next release. Too much fun

by Mega Star (211k points)
+1

Actually it's 18 years

A mere underperformer of Salman has more ffs than all the movies of king in last 18 years. So What?
That's sad

Again, so what? FFs or whatever, it's still an underperformer.

I mean it's like Salman fans trying to say BB >> PK because it had more FFs. It doesn't work that way.

–1

no more shaadi ki dvd please

–5 votes

Accha Yaad dilaya need to rewatch prdp spoof on YT... Prem uncle Phir aaye... Hilarious stuff.

by Location Scout (4.2k points)
–6 votes

lol 55 ki age me to sirf dadaji ka role suit karega

by Set Designer (2k points)