Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

66,942 questions

251,283 answers

307,583 comments

396 users

Sanjay Dutt’s sister, Namrata Dutt couldn’t connect with Paresh Rawal’s character in Sanju

+1 vote

While Ranbir Kapoor’s biopic on Sanjay Dutt, Sanju, is busy receiving some rave reviews and love from the actors’ fans, seems like Namrata Dutt had a tough time to connect with it. The movie that focussed on Sanjay’s relationship with Sunil Dutt and his good friend Paresh Ghelani, didn’t display his affection and rapport with his sisters really. With barely few scenes dedicated to Namrata and Priya Dutt in the movie, it was hard to describe Sanjay’s relationship with his sisters. In her recent conversation with SpotBoyE, Namrata revealed how it was difficult to connect with Paresh Rawal’s character in Sanju and exactly why.

Speaking about Paresh Rawal’s performance as her father in Sanju, Namrata said, “I can’t see anyone portraying my father. He was special. Not that I didn’t like him. I didn’t connect, but I’m not the audience. I’m Sunil Dutt’s daughter.” Going further, she also commented on Manisha Koirala’s act as Nargis Dutt. She said, “She was okay too. Being Sunil Dutt and Nargis’ daughter, it’s difficult to make judgments. If the audience connected with them, it’s great!” We understand how difficult it must be for her to relive those incidents and chapters once again after so many years.

Ranbir Kapoor’s Sanju meanwhile, is busy creating havoc at the box office. The movie is slated to enter the coveted Rs 300 crore club by the end of this week and its golden run is not supposed to end anytime soon.

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/sanjay-dutts-sister-namrata-dutt-couldnt-connect-with-paresh-rawals-character-in-sanju/

asked 4 days ago in General by iamkhan8970 Producer (115,142 points)
98% Accept Rate

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer

Well, it's a made up story and there could be many lies in the movie. How could anyone play Sunil Dutt or Nargish? And since the movie's first half is concerned only on Sanju's drug addiction and second half on him not being a terrorist, Sunil Dutt's humanity and Nargish's love for her son is not even shown at all. How could it be even relatable to the daughter, or anyone else in the family except Sanju?

answered 2 days ago by devendran Set Decorator (1,517 points)
selected 2 days ago by iamkhan8970

Related questions

+4 votes
1 answer 29 views
29 views asked Feb 23, 2016 in General by Baazigar All Time best! (283,143 points)
0 votes
3 answers 227 views