Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

66,942 questions

251,284 answers

307,583 comments

396 users

Ra.One director reveals Shah Rukh Khan is keen on a sequel. Also check its Boxoffice performance.

0 votes

In 2011, Shah Rukh Khan pushed the envelope with his sci-film, Ra.One. Anubhav Sinha, the director of the film, revealed that they were toying with the idea of a sequel. However, nothing has been finalised as of now.

"Shah Rukh and I keep talking about it. But I don't know, nothing's happening for now. It's never easy to make a sci-fi film. But I know someday, over a drink, we will jump into it. It's on his mind and it's on my mind too," he told a leading publication, admitting that it was "not an easy movie to make".

Ra.One, starring Shah Rukh Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan in the lead roles, was the most expensive film Bollywood had ever seen, back in 2011. Shah Rukh had earlier said in an interview that he would like to take the franchise forward.

"I will 100 per cent make the sequel. There are no two ways about it. By nature I am not someone to give up on a dream - be it KKR (Kolkata Knight Riders) or Ra.One. Of course we will make it better now, because we have five more years of amazing experience in technology," he had said in an interview in 2015.

Shah Rukh had added, "Inshaallah, we will figure a story and I will speak to Anubhav Sinha again. The film will be called G.One. It requires planning and today we have a good set up."

https://www.indiatoday.in/movies/bollywood/story/ra-one-director-reveals-shah-rukh-khan-is-keen-on-a-sequel-1280614-2018-07-08

******************************************************************************************************

Boxoffice Performance INDIA

First Day - 14.73 cr (2nd highest opener)

Second Day - 22.90 cr (RECORD single day)

Weekend - 52.65 cr (2nd Highest)

Lifetime Share - 63.84 cr (Almost similar to Ready (64.31 cr))

Lifetime NETT - 114 cr (5th highest)

OVERSEAS weekend - $5.20 mil (2nd highest)

Overseas Lifetime - $10.85 mil (3rd Highest)

Do you want Shahrukh to take a step ahead and make Ra.One 2 with better screenplay ? 

asked 5 days ago in Movie Discussions by iamkhan8970 Producer (115,142 points)
98% Accept Rate

I wish I could Freaky Friday with SRK when he is doing this ...

Or a better option would be to Freaky Friday with Saif

5 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

YES. I want Ra. One sequel. But by a better director.

there are some good candidates for that.

This idiot Anubhav Sinha had everything. Biggest budget, big superstar, big heroine, a lot of time, things to take inspiration from, Akon singing songs, yet he couldn't make it work.

answered 5 days ago by mr.hola Assistant Director (45,937 points)
selected 4 days ago by iamkhan8970
+1 vote

Nope. Nope. Nope. Ra.one sequel is the worst thing which can happen for SRK.

answered 5 days ago by Intense Director (127,642 points)
+1 vote

Ra.One is not appreciated movie so sequel is a bad idea. Ra.one budget is too high in 2011 budget of Ra.one is 130 cr before that highest budget is only 85 cr man. So if sequel made and this time made a better movie than budget is min. 300 cr. And if first part is not appreciated than its very risky project.

answered 5 days ago by Ajay Production Accountant (20,495 points)
+1 vote

This news is like a sword hanging on head situation for SRK Fans...

I think Sher Khan is the same for Salman Fans.

answered 5 days ago by Galeon Set Designer (2,045 points)
+1 vote

........ if srk puts 400cr on production budget then heck yeah ...... why not.

srk doesnt have stardom but he has those formulas..... to make sure his movies get noticed..... door to door promotions, huge cameo, international stars/tours, huge budgets. but no script/movie making sense

on other hand...salman khan have stardom but doesn't have any of the rest of the stuff.... nor does he have good script sense.... but he knows little bit about movie making. bad cast, bad crew, B grade production values, ab so lutely no promotions at all....no big cameos...in fact no cameos at all....

while aamir khan neither has stardom, nor all those other things but great script sense and even great movie making skills and even greatest promotion skills

if srk makes G.one its investment will be like .....

400cr budget , 12 big stars bollywood, hollywood, tollywood cameo, 12 months of door to door promotions, movie will be made in 2 years + 1 year promotion total time 3 years, international action directors, international cast , best in class bollywood supporting cast.... and a bad movie. boxoffice 300cr

if salman khan makes G.one its investment etc. will be like

300cr budget, sohail, arbaaz cameos, No promotions other than trailer release 35 days prior to release then 2 songs release, he will make the movie in 6 months from shooting to post production to promotions , third class supporting cast, ...and a very very bad movie.... box office 400cr

if aamir khan makes G.one it'll be like

G.one is female, and survivor of society's harsh behavior , budget will be 25cr , from pre production to shooting to post production to release it will take 4 years....boxoffice will be 700cr

answered 5 days ago by Grand Nova Star (154,139 points)

G.one is female and survivor of society harsh behaviour and budget is 25cr.....hahahahahhahahahaha this was hilarious.

@Intense I genuinely laughed at this

Related questions

+5 votes
14 answers 390 views
390 views asked Dec 24, 2015 in Opinion by IrahX Assistant Director (41,577 points)
+5 votes
9 answers 303 views