Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

67,033 questions

251,711 answers

307,999 comments

396 users

Veere Di wedding, IMDB rating 2.8 / 80 Crore Nett / HIT / Comments ?

+1 vote
Veere Di wedding was multiplex movie, and imdb rating reflects it's true rating by users. still did 80 crore nett
business and became hit.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5842616/

Gangs of wasseypur has rating of 8.2 but it is below average.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1954470/

So fan's should not make imdb rating as an excuse for movie's business.

Movie genre is most important thing related to box office performance. If movie looks like fun ...there would be initial rush, even if it is bad. If movie looks like serious, there are less chances that people will rush to watch it, even if it is very good story.

Race 3 looked much more fun movie than Tubelight ... now even though Tubelight has higher rating ... it has lower opening than Race 3.
asked Jul 6 in Movie Discussions by bollyranga Production Designer (13,116 points)
36% Accept Rate

Race 3 is 2.2/10.

And since when did Indians started rating movies on IMDB sensibly? Most importantly how many Indians who watch movies are theatre going audience? Then the important question, how many actually know something like IMDB exists among the majority of movie audience?

I would still say for Indian films IMDB means nothing. It is just a way for fan clubs to beg their members to vote for their favorites with higher rating & down vote as much as they can to rival films.

No difference among the western audience too but then you can find genuine feedback as that isn't star driven. Films are still appreciated/criticized on their own merit than an individual.

Salman fans were making excuses that it did 160 crore despite low imdb rating .. and no one else can do that .. bla bla bla..

Fans will anyways say. Aren't Aamir fans doing the same for Aamir's successes?

And Race 3 being the worst film, if it was not Salman Khan & Eid, going above 60cr itself was impossible. Yet it did 160cr when the same "fans" didn't come out to support Tubelight.

The result is out there, why rely on IMDb to prove that. JTHJ has 6.8 thanks to the fans but is it any less of a bad film? Baaghi 2 is at 5.1 & that is the contender for worst film of 2018 with Race 3.

Don't bring in logic to not just Salman but Aamir, Srk fans arguments. There's no place for that when it's all based on emotions.

2 Answers

+2 votes

i loved veere di wedding..... just love it when girls go wild.... sassy , broad minded, flaunting their behinds , talk dirty , ....... got everything i wanted..... from a chick flick.... just movie lacked only one thing... kiss between kareena and sonam..... my favorite song of the year till now is puppy lai loon from veere di wedding.

answered Jul 6 by Grand Nova Star (154,519 points)
+1 vote

I have seen veere di wedding.. I give 4/10 for the film and one star extra for the skin show.

answered Jul 6 by Charlie runkle™ Director (124,395 points)

What about masturbation scene

@4_L£€ did you feel Awkward & Shy while watching VDW in theatre along with the female audience..

Santosh.. Masturbation scene was too cartoonish to have any sensual impact on me...
Help.. 70%of the audience were girls.. I had no problem.. most of the girls stayed back for taarefan song and they were very vocal about their appreciation.

Related questions

+1 vote
2 answers 69 views
69 views asked Jun 17 in Box Office Related by suhas All Time best! (260,866 points)
+1 vote
4 answers 214 views
+2 votes
0 answers 28 views