Sanju recorded the fourth highest first week of all time behind Bahubali - The Conclusion, Sutan and Tiger Zinda Hai. Like Bahubali - The Conclusion the collections of Sanju have also come on a non holiday so it is a huge achievemnet to reach 200 crore nett on a non holiday week.
The film should be competing with either Tiger Zinda Hai or Dangal in terms of lifetime collections depending on what happens on day eight and the film is in between those two films in terms of first week collections. The film will need around 10 crore nett to ensure a 300 crore nett finish and 15 crore nett to keep in the race to challenge Dangal. .
The top fifteen opening week collections are as follows.
1. Bahubali - The Conclusion - 2,46,47,00,000
2. Sultan - 2,08,99,00,000
3. Tiger Zinda Hai - 2,06,04,00,000
4. Sanju - 2,00,00,00,000 apprx
5. Dangal - 1,92,38,00,000
6. Bajrangi Bhaijaan - 1,82,52,00,000
7. PK - 1,81,26,00,000
8. Dhoom 3 - 1,73,12,00,000
9. Prem Ratan Dhan payo - 1,57,60,00,000
10. Kick - 1,55,31,00,000
11. Padmaavat - 1,42,25,00,000
12. Race 3 - 1,39,97,00,000
13. Chennai Express - 1,39,70,00,000
14. Golmaal Again - 1,36,01,00,000
15. Happy New Year - 1,33,60,00,000