18. nitesh singh - 95 points
  19. Suhas - 83 points
  20. shajandeepu - 67 points
  21. Rocsky - 64 points
  22. Kabir - 54 points
  23. mr.hola - 54 points
  24. Nikeel - 52 points
  25. playboy - 51 points
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

69.1k questions

262k answers

320k comments

1.3k users

Categories

+1 vote

Source Link: https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/actor-mohanlal-honoured-padma-bhushan-95680?amp
in Non-Bollywood by All Time best! (263k points)
99% Accept Rate

reopened by

Actor Mohanlal was conferred with India’s third-highest civilian honour, the Padma Bhushan on Friday. The 58-year-old actor, fondly referred to as Lalettan by his fans, had won the Padma Shri in 2001.

Responding to the announcement, Mohanlal thanked the government and fans for their support.

Speaking to Asianet News, he said, “I feel very happy, proud that having worked for 40 years in films, the people who have worked along with me, stood with me and the viewers, I offer my thanks. I’m in Hyderabad for the shooting of Priyan’s ‘Marakkar....’ Last time, when I got the Padmashri, then too I was in Hyderabad while I was working on Priyan’s (Priyadarshan) cinema ‘Kakkakuyil’. I see it as a big endorsement. I wish to offer my thanks to everybody on this occasion.”

On being asked what kind of fillip this kind of an award will give the actor going forward, he said, “Every award definitely gives a lot of energy. Surely, this award has been given taking into consideration my body of work in cinema so far and I have utmost respect for the award. Definitely, this award will act as a big inspiration in my journey ahead.”

The seasoned thespian is a two-time winner of the National Award for Best Actor. He won his first National Award for Best Actor for Bharatham in 1991 and the second for Vanaprastham in 1999.

Mohanlal’s debut film was Thiranottam in 1978 but he got noticed with his second film Manjil Virinja Pookkal for his portrayal of the antagonist Narendran.

In a prolific career spanning four decades, Mohanlal has worked in over 300 films across Malayalam, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu and Kannada films.

On the work front, Mohanlal is currently busy with Lucifer and Marakkar: Arabikadalinte Simham. While Lucifer is being helmed by actor Prithviraj and it happens to be his maiden directorial, Marakkar: Arabikadalinte Simham is being directed by Priyadarshan on a big budget. Lucifer is touted to be a summer release this year and Marakkar is slated for release early next year.

5 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

Congrats to one and only Lalettan, The Complete Actor. Malayalees pride.

by Star (149k points)
selected by
0 votes

Congratulations To Him

My Favourite Cricketer Gautam Gambhir Got Padmi Shri Award So Very Happy For Him, Hope Aamir Khan Gets Padma Vibhushan Award And He Becomes One Of The Rare Actors To Win All 3 Padma Awards!

by Assistant Director (41.7k points)
0 votes

ONE OF THE BEST ACTOR EVER, GREAT ACHIEVEMENT MOHANLALJI.......

by Location Manager (5.2k points)

The second best actor ever in the Indian film industry after Kamal Haasan IMO.. Deserved one.. Lalettan..

0 votes

Congratulations to the Legend

by Assistant Director (45.9k points)
0 votes

He deserves it. One man Industry Sri Mohan Lal Sir.

by Second Unit Director (77.7k points)