18. Tom Cruise - 130 points
  19. Seinfeld - 110 points
  20. nitesh singh - 106 points
  21. IamRaj - 99 points
  22. playboy - 98 points
  23. devendran - 95 points
  24. Sanal - 69 points
  25. Lambodar - 67 points
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

67.1k questions

253k answers

310k comments

1.1k users

+4 votes

2 All Time Great Actors And Megastars Amitabh Bachchan And Dilip Kumar Had Done A Similar Kind Of Film In Their Career, Deewar And Ganga Jamuna. Actually Mega Atbb Ganga Jamuna Was A Trendsetter And Many Similar Films Showing Rivalry Between Two Brothers Were Later Made, Out Of All Those Films The Film That Stands Out Is Yash Chopra's Classic Blockbuster Deewar.

Both Dilip Kumar And Amitabh Bacchan Gave Excellent Performance As Ganga And Vijay Respectively.

The Dailogues Of Deewar And Swag Of Amitabh Bachchan As Vijay Makes This Film My All Time Favourite Along With Andaz Apna Apna. Also Nirupa Roy Was The X Factor In This Film The Way Vijay Dies On Her Lap Saying "Tujhse Door Rehke Mai Kabhi Nahi So Saka Maa" And Asking "Tu Naraj Toh Nahi Hai Maa" Made Me Emotional, This Film Is Actually Filled With Many Such Iconic Scenes And Dailogues The Badge No. 786 In Itself Is Iconic, The Way It Always Protected Amitabh And How It Fell From His Hands Towards Climax, The Scene Where He Sits On The Chair In Iconic Way And Beats Peter With His Goons, Mai Aaj Bhi Pheke Hue Paise Nahi Uthatha, Aaj Khush Toh Bahut Hoge Tum, Jaao Pehle Uss Aadmi Ka Sign Leke Aao, Mere Paas Maa Hai, Phew The List Is Too Long.

Ganga Jamuna Is One Man Show And Dilip Kumar Showed Why Is True Method Actor Just After Playing Mughal Prince In Mughal E Azam, He became an illiterate poor person in his very next film and gave one of his best performances, the best thing was his command over the language he spoke in the film.

One thing I didnt like about Ganga Jamuna Was That Unlike Deewar Which Had A Big Star Like Shahshi Kapoor To Support Amitabh, Ganga Jamuna Didnt Even Have A Star And The Actor Didnt Even Have The Looks To Be A Filmy Hero But Then Dilip Kumar Was At The Peak Of Megastardom At That Time And He Overshadowed That Flaw.

In Both The Films Climax Broke My Heart Both Dilip Kumar And Amitabh Bachchan Wanted To Surrender To Police And Mend Their Ways Thereafter But That Didnt Happen Their Wife/Gf Died/Was Killed And At Last They Also Died After Taking Revenge That Too At The Hands Of Their Own Brother

in Generic Comparisons by Unit Manager (30.4k points)
95% Accept Rate

reopened by

3 Answers

+2 votes

Best answer

Good post, I liked deewaar more
Such 2 heros movies are not getting made anymore.
Dialogues of that movie are still super popular now, Salim-Javed have a huge hand behind Amitabh's Megastardom.

by Production Accountant (23.9k points)
selected by
+2 votes

I will always say ganga jamuna is way superior as a movie and in terms of performance. Dilip saab"s acting is a template for aspiring and existing superstars. Deewar too was entertaining but I like the former more.

by Director (127k points)
+2 votes

Ganga Jamna was village based and Deewar was city based.Deewar is great but Ganga Jamna is on another level, no wonder Amitabh Bachchan chose Dilip Saab's performance in the movie as his all time favorite and his textbook for learning acting.

by Assistant Director (56k points)

Ask Salim Javed and Amitabh Bachchan

muje pasand hai kisi aur se kyu puchu.

Then don't say better , use more liked.

sab ka apna opinion hai aur muje har tarah se better movie lagti hai , outlook ke ek edition main top 10 main deewar thi ganga jamuna nahi.