Race 3 had the 16th highest Monday of all time with collection of 14 crore nett which is a healthy total for a Monday. It was a part holiday for Monday but as it can be below it is in the range of some films which had an outright holiday on Monday.
The highest Monday when all things have gone back to normal is Sultan at 15.52 crore which tells that a big Monday number is difficult without a big national holiday or enhanced ticket rates at multiplexes. Some chains did keep Race 3 had weekend ticket rates.
The Bahubali Monday remains the phenomenal Monday collection and any film which comes are competes that figures without a national holiday will probably be have a chance to be that historically great film like Bahubali - The Conclusion or Gadar Ek Prem Katha or Hum Aapke Hain Kaun. A big film needs to be hitting 20 crore minimum today if it is to emerge a blockbuster film and Race 3 has fell well short their even with the help of a partial holiday.
The top twenty first Monday collections of all time are as follows.
1. Bahubali ; The Conclusion - 39.81 crore (Partial Holiday, Enhanced Ticket Rates)
2. Tiger Zinda Hai - 36,53,00,000 (Holiday)
3. Krrish 3 - 29.64 crore (Holiday)
4. Bajrangi Bhaijaan - 26.78 crore (Holiday)
5. Dangal - 24.98 crore (Enhanced Ticket Rates)
6. PK - 21.15 crore (Enhanced Ticket Rates)
7. Dhoom 3 - 19.87 crore (Enhanced Ticket Rates)
8. Ek Tha Tiger - 18.96 crore (Holiday)
9. Tubelight - 18.14 crore (Holiday)
10. Ae Dil Hai Mushkil - 17.68 crore (Holiday)
11. Rustom - 17.48 crore (Holiday)
12. Shivaay - 15.59 crore (Holiday)
13. Sultan - 15.52 crore
14. Singham Returns - 14.69 crore (Holiday)
15. Padmaavat - 14.42 crore
16. Race 3 - 14 crore apprx (Part Holiday)
17. Kick - 13.86 crore
18. Happy New Year - 12.74 crore
19. Prem Ratan Dhan Payo - 12.52 crore
20. Chennai Express - 12.09 crore