18. Suhas - 64 points
  19. Maniac01 - 62 points
  20. playboy - 56 points
  21. Santosh - 56 points
  22. GOD - 45 points
  23. Sss d - 44 points
  24. TIGER- the real king - 42 points
  25. Rahat - 41 points
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.
+2 votes
He Has Just 5 Hits In Career Including Just 1 Blockbuster And He Is Being Put In The League Of Raju Class Hirani And RoHIT Mass Shetty Who Are Among Most Successful Directors Of All Time.

No Doubt Bansali Is Also Very Successful But Cant Be Put In Same League Of Hirani And Shetty!
in Generic Comparisons by Unit Manager (36.4k points)
96% Accept Rate

reopened by

My answer is same as Riman & Hola, i also don't like his movies, i know people might say I'm saying this due to Dilwale-BM, but i genuinely don't like any of his movies, and if anyone asks, that includes Devdas too.

I Liked Only HDDCS!

The only movie of SLB i could complete fully was BM, tgat too because i watched it in theatre for some reason. Other than that, i couldn't complete any of his movie fully.

Hahah I Watched HDDCS DEVDAS BLACK RL BM PADMAAVAT, Disliked only Black But Then Liked Also Just 1 Movie!

10 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

Count me also
Hum dil chuke sanam is the only slb movie i liked.
Devdas, BM were average for me.
Black was decent, his only blockbuster padmaavat was the most controversial movie of all time and it somehow connected with the audience otherwise it was also a average movie, RM crap.
He doesn't cater to the masses that's why he can't deliver monstrous bbs while Hirani and Rohit are brands among masses (esp Rohit) or classes (esp hirani).
He can't pull audience on his name like Hirani and Rohit do, he has found very little appreciation among North audience (except padmaavat). He's a huge brand only in Mumbai and USA/UK.
It's just that Bollywood doesn't have visionary director now who can handle such big projects, slb can't project mass elevations scenes on screen, he can't show war sequence.
Still the best options available for bolly now as we don't have visionary directors but one thing is for sure he's not in the league of hirani and Rohit.

by Production Accountant (29k points)
selected by
+1 vote

Can't speak box office wise but I don't like his movies. Makes boring and lethargic movies that only have grandeur and over-the-top emotions and nothing else

by Assistant Director (47.9k points)
+1 vote

box office wise he cannot be compared to hirani and rohit infact he only became a big box office director with ram leela all other of his earlier films become successfull due to the starpower of the actors as well. He is hit and miss for me not very consistent

by Location Manager (5.5k points)

Before Ram Leela Only 2 Hits In Career

He Became Big Director With 3 Back To Back Hits Including A Blockbuster In This Decade!

yes i mentioned ram leela because ranveer was not very big that time and so more credit should go to slb and deepika

+1 vote

100% Agreed Bro, Hum Dil Chuke Sanam ke alawa koi film pasand nahi aayi.

Uski most film boring hoti hai..

Last few films ko Controversy se kafi help mili, box office kafi boost hua tha.

by Unit Manager (39.5k points)
+1 vote

Never like his movies except for Khamoshi

by Executive Producer (62.7k points)
0 votes

bro One Thing You Not Notice That Bhansali Movies Budget Is Very High but hirani and rohit movies budget not as high as bhansali. this is the main reason bhansali movies verdict is not big. Otherwise director is same category as these two. his movies larger than life so budget is always high.

by Production Accountant (26.4k points)

Han woh baat sahi hai bt at the end of the day log keval facts dekhte hain and Bansali Gave 2 Disasters 1 Flop As Well Out Of 9 Films He Directed, Hirani And Shetty No Disaster, Infact Hirani No Unsucessful Film, Shetty 1 Below Average 1 Flop!

Hirani - Master
Rohit - Excellent
Bhansali - Good

Agree

0 votes

He made a blockbuster out of a genre which rarely has takers in India.

He is an artist. Hirani never took risks nor did Shetty. Even if Sanju was a risk, he made sure he pleased each and every one. Padmavati though I didnt watch it, was fuelled by Bhansali's direction only. It opened low and went on to do almost 300 without having a full release.

by Unit Manager (33.3k points)
0 votes

It's the grandeur of his sets, his music taste, and his storytelling that makes him a good director. If he tells the story of Padmaavat with less than 50 crores budget, it would be a disaster I think.

Hirani with not much budget gave us Munna bhai, which will be a movie in many person's memory. Hirani is way bigger and in the path to become a legend.

by Location Manager (7.8k points)
0 votes

Then I also believe aamir is stardomless and overrated actor.....

by Production Designer (12k points)

My belief is supported by facts unlike, yours don't try to act smart

http://forums.itsboxoffice.com/556534/entire-career-stats-and-major-box-office-records-aamir-khan

0 votes

His 2 3 movies are watchable....

Bhansali have different audience..,

by Assistant Director (47.4k points)

Related questions