Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

67,034 questions

251,711 answers

307,999 comments

396 users

Race 3 has very good first day - BOI

+4 votes
372 views asked Jun 16 in Box Office Related by THUNDER BIRD Mega Star (208,058 points)
99% Accept Rate

Race 3 had a very good first day despite it being pre Eid as it collected 27.50 crore nett apprx. The film also did not have a proper advance which could have pushed the collections a crore or two higher but its still a very good number as a lasrge chunk of the Muslim audience will have kept away from the theatres.

The fair value opening of the film is similar to Tiger Zinda Hai in the range of 33-34 crore nett as that is what it would have picked up if it was a normal and no pre Eid affect on the film.

East Punjab a circuit with a very limited affect of Pre Eid grossed 2.96 crore nett while Tiger Zinda Hai was 3.10 crore nett. The collections in Delhi city were also very similar to Tiger Zinda Hai though UP was lower. Generally business has been hit in practically all the circuits barring Punjab and Delhi where the former may have been affected by 3-5% and the later around 8-10%. A circuit like Nizam ? Andhra is 35% down on Tiger Zinda Hai.

The downside to the numbers are that they have not really pushed on from Kick or Bajrangi Bhaijaan as those films were also released pre Eid and the numbers are only a little ahead and if we consider GROSS numbers then they will be less than Bajrangi Bhaijaan. The comparison (NETT and GROSS) between the three films is as follows.

Kick - 24,97,00,000 (GROSS - 33.33 crore)

Bajrangi Bhaijaan - 26.67,00,000 (GROSS - 35.68 crore)

Race 3 - 27,50,00,000 apprx (GROSS - (35 crore apprx)

The film will have its two best days on Saturday and Sunday with Saturday being the second best day of the year for collections after the big Diwali holiday. There will be a lift in collections on Saturday and it really has to competing with the biggest days of all time.

Baaki Sab Toh Theek Hai Par Tanveer Kahan Gaya
Film Announce Hote Hi "MARK MY WORDS 300 Crs" Ka Jap Karne Lagta Jaata Hai Har Post Pe, Bas Bolta Rehta Hai "Haters Ka Will Bite Their Words Just Wait And Watch"
Aur Abhi Gayab Hai Forum Se
Uska Har Baar Ka Same Natak Hai Tubelight Ke Time Par Toh Dangal Ka Record Target Kar Raha Tha Aur Yehi Sab Lines Par Post Pe Bolta Hai.

Nobody Has Any Problem With Salman Par Aise Overconfident Fans Khud Saamne Se Dusre Fan Base Jo Troll Ka Invitation Dete Hain LMFAO

9 Answers

+3 votes

Best answer

Seems like Pre-Eid effect after couple of years will be treated same as Diwali Day 1 by BOI..
Overall good day one but could have been higher.. As of today there has been 5% jump in morning shows.. Lets see how today it fares

answered Jun 16 by Haider Second Unit Director (77,057 points)
selected Jun 20 by THUNDER BIRD

Pre eid exists in Pakistan i agree coz 97% of population is Muslim.. In India 80% population is non-Muslim.. Pre eid impact hai itna bara nai hai jitna assume kiya jata hai.. Ramazan main India main movies Blockbusters hui hain...
Par i am still sayings collections achi hain....

@Haider jitne pakistan me musalmaan hai usse zyada to india me hai if atleast if atleast 50 lakhs muslims watches a movie average Ticket 200 rps aramse 100cr will happen dont underestimate of pre eid

@Haider
It doesn't work like that bhaijaan. Most of the Indians Muslims mother tongue is Hindustani (Urdu & Hindi), hence they have no other option (local film industry) rather than being loyal to Hindustani film industry (I.e Bollywood).

Also majority of the Muslims live in cities and towns. Eg - India's biggest state Uttar Pradesh's 19% population are Muslims but the state's urban population's 33% are Muslims. Most of the other states have the same story. Have a look at some major cities Muslim population (apx)....
Hyderabad - 40-45%
Bhopal, Aligarh, Bareilly, Lucknow, Varanasi - 30-35%
Mumbai, Jaipur, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, kanpur, Allahabad - 20%.
I'm ignoring small cities and towns here.

Aage aap khud samajhdar ho ki filmein cities me chalti h ya villages me.

Haider Bhai Slight Correction
In India According To Last Census There Are 14% Muslims And 80% Hindus!

+4 votes

Abhi to summer holidays chal rhi hain, tab ye haal hai.......ek ne to 53 cr ki opening predict ki thi...release se phle bahubali 2 ko takkar dete hain sapno me, release ke baad jhms se compare kr ke khush ho lete hain.......# bumper-laashein-this-eid

answered Jun 16 by saransh Unit Manager (31,275 points)

Haan bahut bura haal hai.

Race3 Advance booking>>>SRK's career best.

Race3 Opening day>>>SRK's career best non holiday opening day.

Race3 opening day>>>2×SRK's last film's opening day.

Barssati bendak spotted............

+3 votes

It will cross 200 for sure. 250 should be the tarhet as of now

answered Jun 16 by Seinfeld Camera Operator (11,242 points)

Offcourse, I will enjoy it, but you won't

Nope. I haven’t lived in India many years at a stretch, so don’t teach me Hollywood. .

A guy who finds aunty no 1 and dulhe Raja entertaining shouldn’t comment on race 3

Says a guy who finds Na Tum Jaano Na Hum as masterpiece.

Yeah lets... this is a low start to be honest... Nothing can be done about it.

Have it all TB

+3 votes

It’s good. But not great. Now only Aamir can be relied upon to give a record opener this year.

answered Jun 16 by Intense Director (128,232 points)
+2 votes

Very good opening day. All set for 90+ cr weekend.

answered Jun 16 by Sanal Star (143,792 points)
+2 votes

Quite Good.
Movie will do decent business in weekend with very good jump on saturday and Sunday.
Problem starts with Monday.
Imo this is Polished version of Bang-Bang for Bhaijaan.
After holiday period movie will slow down but will definitely touch 175cr+ business.
200cr;Hmmm.. that's the number we are looking for.

answered Jun 16 by moviezfun Producer (108,119 points)

So far Sunday Advances aren't much compared to today's, won't be surprising if it drops big from Saturday to Sunday.

+2 votes

Race3 Advance booking>>>SRK's career best.

Race3 Opening day>>>SRK's career best non holiday opening day.

Race3 opening day>>>2×SRK's last film's opening day.

And SRKians are finding Race3's opening poor... Hahaha..

answered Jun 16 by TIGER- the real king Unit Manager (37,894 points)

So you are incredibly happy with this opening, good to know that your standards are now that you are comparing with JHMS, great..!!

Why do see see comparasion with only JHMS? I made 3 comparasions. 2 were with Srk's career best.

BTW, this comparasion is for some SRKians who have been writing bulshits here for Race3 opening (including this post). Warna mujhe bhi aise comparasion se bahut jyada khushi nhi milti.

SRK's career best came with a clash, infact 2 clashes and both weren't small clashes either and both clashes on opening days were won with big margin. Lower screen count, even lower capacity, yet good results.

Why don't name another film having more similar numbers to Race3 which didn't face any clash? And Salman always gets solo release on Eid-Deewali-Christmast but srk has face clashes even on Independence day and Republic day. Kuch toh alag baat hai naa Salman me.

+2 votes

INSANE Stardom bhai has...... OPENING no one can match him.....

answered Jun 16 by -OmKara- Production Designer (15,936 points)
–1 vote

Pre Eid ,pre Eid,pre Eid,as per boi ,bwood films work because of the muslims ,sorry Salman films.
Krrish 3 opened to 19cr and 21 Cr all versions with 3600 screens..and that too pre-diwali with pathetic songs..

answered Jun 16 by Hrithikiantilldeath Set Designer (2,243 points)

Because salman has more muslims fans compare to others

Salman is amegastar of India not Muslim Hindu..u r saying as if 50% collections come from Muslim audience??
Y can't 80% of Hindus go watch his films on day1???

Related questions

+7 votes
8 answers 546 views
+4 votes
3 answers 254 views
254 views asked Jun 21 in Box Office Related by suhas All Time best! (260,866 points)
+6 votes
4 answers 295 views