Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

67,034 questions

251,711 answers

307,999 comments

396 users

Race 3 Heads For Best Opening Day Of 2018--BOI

+3 votes
Race 3 is on course to record the highest opening day of the year despite it being the last day of Ramadan which has hit business in many areas. The first day collections look set to be in the 27 crore nett range as per early estimates. Baaghi 2 had collected around 25 crore nett while Padmavat was around 18 crore nett.

The fair value opening of the film is in the range of Tiger Zinda Hai bit pre Eid will take off around 6-7 crore nett from the Tiger Zinda Hai collections. There are centres which are around 50-55% less than Tiger Zinda Hai and some centres are even 5-10% better.

The first day number is very good for Pre Eid but now its about where it can go with the big holiday on Saturday. The reports are not what they should of a big film but it still remains to be seen if they affect the film over the holiday period or does it still gets that huge jump as the post Eid audience comes out due to the craze.
Source Link: https://boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=4023
asked Jun 15 in Box Office Related by kent Location Scout (4,026 points)
64% Accept Rate

Race 3 Heads For Best Opening Day Of 2018
Friday 15 June 2018 23.30 IST

Race 3 is on course to record the highest opening day of the year despite it being the last day of Ramadan which has hit business in many areas. The first day collections look set to be in the 27 crore nett range as per early estimates. Baaghi 2 had collected around 25 crore nett while Padmavat was around 18 crore nett.

The fair value opening of the film is in the range of Tiger Zinda Hai bit pre Eid will take off around 6-7 crore nett from the Tiger Zinda Hai collections. There are centres which are around 50-55% less than Tiger Zinda Hai and some centres are even 5-10% better. .

The first day number is very good for Pre Eid but now its about where it can go with the big holiday on Saturday. The reports are not what they should of a big film but it still remains to be seen if they affect the film over the holiday period or does it still gets that huge jump as the post Eid audience comes out due to the craze.

Kent, Copy Paste Toh Pura Kar Lete Bhai

Let us see how many Salman fans brings 3D rates into the picture now. they keep mentioning imax for Dhoom 3.

In most of public review quite a lost of Salman fans are saying must watch, 5 out of 5, action is best, Salman's body is best ..... but here they will make excuses that even Salman fans are not liking it.

Chit bhi meri, pat bhi meri.

Tomorrow most of the Salman fans will here post 1 star review. and later in any discussion will say that it was hated by Salman fans but still did business of more than 150 crore. See the megastardom.

What about that Salman is not dependent on content ?
What about opening is dependent on stardom and not content ?
They were praising Salman that how he used "our business .. dialogue" for promotion ?
Salman said that trolls with 1-2 followers don't matter ... now Salman's fans are saying that it social media negativity affected movie opening ? - So you are saying that salman is Bewkoof ? Kya iska koi ilaaz hai ?

Hypocrites of highest order.

@rancho..thanks..didn't notice that.

13 Answers

+6 votes

Pathetic supporting cast+worst director+disaster music+most trolled/bashed film ever+pre Eid release+worst reviews ever for a Superstar film. Still opening day collections are almost twice of Global Gigastar's last release.... Aur kya chahiye?

answered Jun 15 by TIGER- the real king Unit Manager (37,894 points)
+5 votes

Not Bad....Infact its pretty good...with so much Negativity....trolls..nothing u can say good abt the film with pre-release info even the songs....and still these numbers......Salman mein Kuch to Baat hain....and when people are failing to notice it...infact its just their way of ignoring it....

answered Jun 15 by abbie Unit Manager (31,400 points)

Yes- we all know that its mostly only here on social media...this negativity is there...but if u want to say that negativity like Songs/Trailer/Teaser doesn;t impact the film at all...then u r wrong ..it does to some extent!!!..especially for the neutral audience!!....

If numbers could have been higher!!! then why the numbers are not high!!...what stopped it!!!!

Obviously trailer & songs, but not much effect of social media stuff, like people are trying to portray.

and of course collections could have been higher but STILL its bcos Salman stardom...that this film is able to achieve these numbers....

and who are these people.!!!!..still people on social media!!!..for whom Salman;s and other actor's stardom are hard to digest!!!!..for them only I wrote that statement that they tend to ignore it....bcos for real audience...its Salman;s stardom bcos of which these numbers were achieved....

+4 votes

6-7 crs..?? WTF?? they are increasing Pre Eid numbers year by year, first it was 2-3 crs, then 4-5 crs, now 6-7 crs?? Atleast be consistent in what you say, already saying pre eid is funny enough, now they can't even decide how much a movie gets affected imaginary.

Besides they are bunch of fools if they think that RACE 3 would had come close to TZH even without their so called pre eid.

answered Jun 15 by THUNDER BIRD Mega Star (208,058 points)

You know, seeing the response the movie is getting, I'm not the one who needs to take tension.

Ya i should take tension bcoz he wil do less than srk jhms is it..

No, you need to worry because it might not do enough, leave JHMS, it will be crossed within days, and RACE 3 was not competing with JHMS.

Ya bird race3 is not competing with jhms or any srk movie... i agree

+3 votes

Nowadays negative press travels faster than the speed of sound , for race 3 there was so much negative perception that even I was damn sure that this film will turn out to be absolutely terrible ..

Considering all the factors, race3 did Very well.. Congrats to salman Khan's Stardom

answered Jun 15 by Charlie runkle™ Director (124,395 points)
+2 votes

Tiger shroff's Baaghi 2 had 15-20% less screens which covers both Non pre-eid and partial holiday advantage.

Tiger Shroff was not even a proper star at that time and was coming after a flop + Race 3 is a multi starrer with huge budget + Salman coming after blockbuster + hiked 3D ticket prices

Salman's is not dependent on content specially for opening and Salman fans are calling it good opening

Irony just died a thousand deaths.

answered Jun 15 by bollyranga Production Designer (13,121 points)
+1 vote

Too much jalwa ........

answered Jun 15 by mr.hola Assistant Director (46,570 points)

Asli jalwa toh 15cr opening dene me aur 4-5 saal tak hit ke liye tarasne me hai

+1 vote

Ok So 14% Muslims In India Influence 7 cr Pre Eid Effect

Then Everyone Can Do The Calculations For Diwali Puja Day When Hindus Are 80%

Box Office India Is Becomming A Joke Nowadays. They Dont Have Guts To Accept 27 crs For A Masala Movie Of Salman Khan On Eid That Too A Successful Franchise Having 3d benefits, high ticket rates Along With solo release on 4500 screens Is A Let Down!

answered Jun 15 by Rancho Production Accountant (29,852 points)
edited Jun 15 by Rancho

I Think Diwali Puja Day Is Worst Day And Post Diwali Is Best Day For Movie.
Ismei Koi Shaq Nahi Hona Chahiye!

Nobody is denying here pre Deewali factor. Most of the Hindus don't watch movies evening onwards. It's a well known fact.

@tb
Day after Diwali day is the best day for film's business. U shd remember this b4 comparing Diwali day business with it.

Rancho actually tzh 34cr is way low compared to ett.. but for tzh its look was more like baby or airlift n 34cr look fine.. but here race3 trailer had much better appeal but nullified with negativity n pathetic cast...

ETT Craze Was On Another Level So Oviously Difference Hoga Hi But TZH Opening Is Also Very Good On Non Holiday.
Yes Race 3 Had More Appeal Than TZH But It Was A Weak Product, Still Being A Massy Film I Always Thought 30 crs Is Achievable For It Considering That Even Baaghi 2 Of Tiger Who Wasnt Even A Star When That Film Released And Wasnt Praised By Critics Did 25 Crs

+1 vote

Atleast 30cr should have done it considering its Salman khan.. with so much pre release negativity n post release negativity with other stars bigger single digit is max limit...

answered Jun 15 by playboy Unit Manager (30,854 points)

Masala Franchise Ke Saath Jo Actor Single Digit Opening De Woh Star Kehlane Layak Hi Nahi Leave Apart Big Star Or Superstar.

With Salman 27 crs bcz its his strong zone
With Srk And Aamir Also 20 Cr Ho Hi Jaata
Baaki Ke 7 stars Bhi Double Digit Kar hi lete

+1 vote

Well thats low... even salman fans are spreading negativity so what can be done!

I will do my bit by watching it again as I liked it

answered Jun 16 by Seinfeld Camera Operator (11,242 points)
+1 vote

No this isn't good. It's a let down to be honest. And will BOI cut out that pre eid lecture???? I was expecting 30cr plus but this is on the lower side.

With the negative reports coming in Monday is the key.

answered Jun 16 by Intense Director (128,232 points)

And then you thought that this trash will beat the mighty Avengers Infinity War..

Tb migrate to LA. Your kind of intellect needs a citizenship there.

0 votes

Great collection considering the worst possible negativity that too within 6 months of Tiger Zinda Hain

answered Jun 15 by shah Executive Producer (65,507 points)
0 votes

Event film + franchise + multistarrer + masala + action + 3d benefits + hiked ticket rates + solo release on 4500 screens, still only 27 cr and boi is busy covering their ladla bhai!!!!

Ghantaghar megastardom......

answered Jun 15 by saransh Unit Manager (31,275 points)

Hiked ticket zara ticket counter pe jake dekna kitba hike hai its even less than tzh padmavat even 3d ... multistarrer??

Asli Megastardom toh very good director+top heroine+chart buster music+Chumma-Chati ke sath 14cr (almost half of 27cr) opening dene me hai..... Hahaha

Boi ka ladla ka hakh srk se koi nai chin sakta.. naitoh kingu 60cr se sidha 30cr club disaster king ban jata..

Salman ke godi me baithke (zero) inke star 4-5 saal baad ek hit khwab dekh raha hai aur inko firbhi Salman ka Megastardom nhi dikhta... Hahaha

0 votes

So my prediction was right 27 cr opening....150 cr week....
Then going down 200 cr will be tough..

answered Jun 16 by power Assistant Director (46,768 points)

Related questions

+2 votes
1 answer 46 views
+5 votes
7 answers 268 views