Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

66,388 questions

248,800 answers

303,763 comments

396 users

Varun Dhawan's Character In Sui Dhaaga Inspired By Suppandi.

+2 votes
Bollywood actor Varun Dhawan says his character Mauji in the film Sui Dhaaga is inspired from comic character Suppandi.

Varun essays a tailor and an office peon in the film.

On the books he likes to read, Varun said: "I read a lot of biographies... I've read one on Dev Anand. I love reading 'Suppandi'. I used to read that a lot during my childhood. Even the characters I do, like right now I am playing this character of a tailor Mauji in 'Sui Dhaaga'...there is more to him than just being a tailor as he is a peon in a shop as well. Mauji is very inspired by Suppandi."

The actor spoke about it as he unveiled the cover of Amish's latest book Suheldev and The Battle of Bahraich on Monday.

The book, assisted by Vikas Singh, is the first with which Amish has introduced Writer's Center in India. It will be published under Amish's brand new series titled Indic Chronicles.

Varun said Shashank Khaitan, director of his next film Rannbhoomi, is a fan of Amish's works. However, he said they will not steal his ideas, and will take permission if required.
Source Link: https://www.news18.com/amp/news/movies/varun-dhawans-character-in-sui-dhaaga-inspired-by-suppandi-1776653.html
asked 4 days ago in Movie Discussions by suhas All Time best! (258,485 points)
99% Accept Rate

2 Answers

+1 vote

It's a winner from the looks of it. It will be a good come back for Varun after October

answered 4 days ago by Intense Director (121,976 points)
0 votes

Well not surprising, I mean he's a cartoon in real life so let him play a cartoon in movie too.

answered 4 days ago by THUNDER BIRD Mega Star (205,517 points)