Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

66,492 questions

249,228 answers

304,737 comments

396 users

Priyanka Chopra’s Quantico slammed for portraying Indian character as terrorist

+2 votes
Source : https://www.hindustantimes.com/tv/priyanka-chopra-s-quantico-slammed-for-showing-indians-as-terrorists/story-57W2J1fLZnrATTA92v0k0N.html

A recent episode of Priyanka Chopra’s television show, Quantico, in which ‘Indian nationalists’ plot a terrorist attack in Manhattan with the intention of blaming it on Pakistan, has angered several people online. Fans of the actor and the show posted comments on Twitter slamming their decision to include such a plot.

In the episode, which aired on June 1, an MIT professor acquires uranium with which he plans to make a nuclear bomb. An India-Pakistan summit to be held in New York City is his target.

“I don’t even know what sort of ridiculous narrative was this episode trying to set.. nonsensical stuff,” one person wrote on Twitter. “What kind of stupid a** episode is this??” wrote another.
Source Link: https://www.hindustantimes.com/tv/priyanka-chopra-s-quantico-slammed-for-showing-indians-as-terrorists/story-57W2J1fLZnrATTA92v0k0N.html
asked Jun 4 in General by bollyranga Production Designer (12,292 points)
39% Accept Rate

Well the last film where I saw where Indians were shown as terrorists or more precisely RAW being responsible for the terrorist attacks in Pakistan was WAAR. But then it was a Pakistani film & except for the over use of "simple" English, I was open minded to just see it as a film as the nature of the film had security forces in Pakistan make that accusations & not the common people.

I can see why this particular episode of Quantico might have triggered the emotions.. anyways I haven't been following Quantico post it's first season. Can't even say the lead is of Indian origin as that is not what her character is laid upon.

4 Answers

+2 votes

And still people be like priyanka making india proud in hollywood lol
Btw why the hell is this show still going on

answered Jun 5 by SSk Production Accountant (26,792 points)
+1 vote

Is that show still going on? And is there anyone back in the states that cares about that show??

answered Jun 4 by THUNDER BIRD Mega Star (206,401 points)

Nope. They have better stuff to watch

+1 vote

It’s a pathetic show tbh.

answered Jun 5 by Intense Director (122,940 points)
+1 vote

ABC studios and the producer of the TV serial have now apologized to the Indian audience for projecting Indians as terrorists. In their statement ABC said “ABC Studios and the executive producers of Quantico would like to extend an apology to our audience who were offended by the most recent episode, The Blood of Romeo.” ABC added that “the episode has stirred a lot of emotion, much of which is unfairly aimed at Priyanka Chopra, who didn’t create the show, nor does she write or direct it. She has no involvement in the casting of the show or the storylines depicted in the series.”

answered Jun 10 by Kowsigan Second Unit Director (74,446 points)

Related questions

+4 votes
1 answer 193 views
193 views asked Aug 22, 2015 in Television by Invisible Production Designer (14,846 points)
+5 votes
2 answers 102 views
102 views asked May 13, 2015 in Opinion by suhas All Time best! (259,076 points)
+1 vote
7 answers 227 views