Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

67,003 questions

251,554 answers

307,828 comments

396 users

AB Devilliers taken biggest decision of his life. Retirement from international cricket.

+3 votes
314 views asked May 23 in Announcements by Ajay Production Accountant (20,727 points)
98% Accept Rate

He said he could had taken break but he don't wanna pick & choose between when to play or which format to play - "It's Everything or Nothing"

damn, he badly needs a psychiatrist

No, he needs to take inspiration from Afridi (only one time though)

that wouldn't be a bad idea

10 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

That's shocking and unbelievable. I hope CSA convince him to play in World Cup next year, one final shot.

And I hope he plays IPL, atleast few more years, maybe even BBL and other leagues, I always wanted to see him in BBL.

Thank You for the memories.

answered May 23 by THUNDER BIRD Mega Star (207,984 points)
selected Jul 5 by Ajay

Hopefully he plays, I think he will, almost all retired players do, I will support RCB from next year now. And whichever team he is in BBL.

Ipl he should. He hasn't signed for cpl. I think he will go by mood not money. I want him to play also in 2019 and clinch that ipl title hopefully. I don't think He will play bbl

He deserves respect for going out on a high. Most retire when they are totally washed out.

Wonder if it had to do something with people criticising him for not playing test cricket or picking and choosing his place in side, specially former SA cricketers too, however I still want him to try for WC 2019

Na. That was a few years back. Of late he had committed himself to all formats.

+2 votes

why?? when he is the world's best batsman currently?

answered May 23 by Charlie runkle™ Director (124,142 points)

One of the best. It's just to prolong his career in private leagues.

Well...seems like he won't play t20 privately too. That's a shocker.

Matlab kabhi bhi bat nahin uthane wala woh? What the hell happened mahn.. This is not good.

Well yes. He is tired. And he's had a long career. So be ready to see him do commentary or go into coaching.

+2 votes

this is saddest news... I wish he had played in 2019 world cup....

answered May 23 by Seinfeld Camera Operator (11,174 points)

Well South Africa can kiss their chances goodbye now

yes actually... when on song... he can beat every batsman on the planet....

i am genuinely sad by this news

International cricket takes a toll man. Only he knows his body best. That's why he won't be in ipl also. He's quit all forms of the game. He will be badly badly missed.

hes like aamir khan of cricket I think

fans might be wanting more from him but he only will be knowing his state of mind and shape of body!

Best batsman in the world title suited him. Not comparing him with VK but VK needs to up his destructive batting and fielding game to be a match to AB in future.

+1 vote

Respect to the legend
One of my fav player

answered May 23 by SSk Production Accountant (27,180 points)
+1 vote

Tb will cry bucketloads today. Well on a serious note what an end to an all time legend's career. One of the very very best.

answered May 23 by Intense Director (128,012 points)

yes TB might as well be crying at this moment. And he has every reason to be emotional. Players like AB are special just like SRT was when he used to play.

0 votes

one of my all time favorite batsman and i would like to keep ABD with viv richarda, sachin and lara.

answered May 23 by nitesh singh Set Designer (2,200 points)
0 votes

Omg.just lost all interest in cricket.end of cricket for me too.

answered May 23 by Santosh Camera Operator (10,125 points)

Bhai waise bhi AB kam hi khel rha tha from last 2-3 years....

0 votes

Cricket fans all over the world will miss him,he is one of greats of all time,a legend whom I will miss the most ,Thanks ab for the memories.

answered May 23 by Sss d Assistant Director (42,335 points)
0 votes

Wish all the best to the best batsman of this era.
Meanwhile ladyluck seems to be smiling at India in wc. No smith and warner for australia and no ABD for SA. Only England have a chance to beat India.

answered May 23 by sanjeev11 Editor (83,392 points)

Smith and warner will be back to play. Aus are always a huge threat

I dont think so

0 votes

this guy.... will always remain the father ..... of modern day cricket. in coming years. his legacy is safe

answered May 24 by Grand Nova Star (154,307 points)

Related questions

+2 votes
1 answer 63 views
63 views asked Nov 16, 2015 in Sports Related by Boxofficemaan Assistant Director (43,570 points)
+3 votes
1 answer 104 views
+6 votes
2 answers 92 views
92 views asked May 13, 2015 in Opinion by THUNDER BIRD Mega Star (207,984 points)