Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

66,995 questions

251,499 answers

307,795 comments

396 users

Gautam Gambhir: The Unsung Hero Of Indian Cricket

+3 votes

It Seems Gautam Gambhir's Career Is Over Now.
He Is My Favourite Cricketer And As A Tribute To Him I Will List The Achievements Of His Successful Career In All Formats Of The Game.

INTERNATIONAL CAREER (2003-2016)

☆Arjuna Award Winner, Which Is 2nd Highest Sporting Award In India.

☆12 years test, 10 years odi, 5 years t20 Career For India

☆Among 12 Indians to score 10000 international runs (3rd among left handers)

☆Among 10 Indians to score 20 international centuries (2nd among left handers)

☆Among 13 Indians to score 50 international half centuries (3rd among left handers)

☆He is the only Indian and one of four international cricketers to have scored hundreds in five consecutive Test matches.

☆He is the only Indian batsman to have scored more than 300 runs in four consecutive Test series.

☆He is the Among 2 Indian batsmen To Score 11 Consecutive Half Centuries In Test Matches.

☆Was Ranked No. 1 In Test Matches In 2009 And Won ICC Test Player Of The Year Award For The Year 2009, The Same Year In Which India Became No. 1 In Test For The 1st Time And Eventually Also Went On To Get Test Mace.

☆Gambhir along with Sehwag, had 4412 partnership runs in 87 innings while opening, the most for an Indian opening pair and 5th most in the world. Their average of 52.52 is the best among pairs with minimum of 4000 runs.

☆ 2nd Most Runs, Centuries And Half Centuries In Test Cricket From India Among Left Handers.

☆Part Of ICC 2009 Test Team Of The Year

☆ 2nd Highest Run Scorer In 2011 50 Overs World Cup For India, Which India Won. He Also Scored Highest runs in finals From India

☆Part Of ICC 2012 Odi Team Of The Year

☆Ranked Among Top 10 Odi Batsmen In Icc Rankings

☆Highest Run Scorer In 2010 Asia Cup For India(2nd Highest In Tournament), Which India Won.

☆ 100% captaincy record for India, He Captained In 6 Odi Matches And Won All Including Clean sweep In 5 Match Series Against NZ.

☆Among 12 Indians to score 5000 odi runs (4th among left handers)

☆Among 9 Indians to score 10 Odi centuries (4th among left handers)

☆Among 13 Indians to score 30 odi half centuries (4th among left handers)

☆Highest Run Scorer In 2007 T20 World Cup For India (2nd Highest In Tournament) , Which India Won. He Also Scored Highest runs in finals.

☆Ranked No. 1 In Icc T20 Rankings In 2007

☆ 6th Highest Run Scorer For India In t20 (3rd Highest Among Left Handers)

☆4th Most Half Centuries For India In t20 (2nd Most Among Left Handers)

☆3rd Most Runs For India In T20 Wc Tournament

☆2nd Fastest T20 Fifty For India (5th fastest Overall)

DOMESTIC CRICKET (1999-2017)

☆Captain Of 2008 Ranji Trophy Winning Delhi Team, Scored Unbeaten Century In The Finals

☆4th Highest Run Scorer For Delhi In Ranji Trophy

INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE (2008-2018)

☆4th Highest Run Scorer In Ipl

☆Most IPL 50s

☆Most Ipl Fours

☆Most Man of the match, runs, 50s and fours for kkr

☆ 2nd Highest Run Scorer For KKR and DD In a single Season

☆3rd Most Seasons With 500 Runs

☆3rd Most Runs In Ipl As Captain

☆2nd Most No. Of Ipl Trophies Wins As Captain

☆2nd Most No. Of Times Played Playoffs As Captain

☆2nd Most No. Of Wins As Captain

☆4th Highest 100 Plus Stands In Ipl

☆Gambhir and Uthappa Are 3rd Most Runs Scoring Opening Pair In Ipl

☆3rd Most No. Of Times Not Out In Successful Chases. Also 3rd Most Unbeated 50s In Successful Chases As Well

☆Record Of Captaining His Team For 122 Consecutive Games

☆5th most man of the match awards in IPL (3rd Most by Indian)

asked May 21 in Sports Related by Rancho Production Accountant (29,749 points)
99% Accept Rate

edited May 22 by Rancho

3 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

answered May 22 by Seinfeld Camera Operator (11,174 points)
selected May 22 by Rancho

Dhoni Is Past His Prime Bt We Still Dont Have Proper Replacement Of Dhoni. We All Saw What Happened When Dhoni Retired From Test. India Is Struggling To Find A Good Wk Batsman.
Also I Feel Dhoni Is Too Big To Be Removed By Kohli.

May Be Dhoni Will Play Till 2019 WC Or Even 2020 Wc Who Knows

w saha plays very well in test matches... maybe even better than dhoni...its odis and t20s where we need to find a good hitter cum wk batsman.

I hope ishan kishan turns out to be a good prospect.

Agree with Seinfeld. Rancho saha is better than dhoni in tests. No player is bigger than the nation. Every era finds.a new superstar.

No I Dont Agree With This Saha Is At Best Btr Wicketkeeper Than Dhoni That Too Is Debatable. But Not Btr Batsman For Sure, See Their Stats.

I think Ishan Kishan Or Pant Should Be Next Wicket keepers For India After Dhoni Retires Kartik Is In 30s So He Is Not For Long Run.

I Dont Like Dhoni Much Bt We Might Not See His Level Of Player Again I Mean A Complete Package Of Captain, Wicketkeeper And Batsman!

+1 vote

Jealous dhoni finished off his career.. Sakshi should be ashamed of her husband.

answered May 21 by Charlie runkle™ Director (124,126 points)

Teabi.. 200 in a test match is common , bohot bohot players ne maara 200runs test mein.. . but what dhobi was doing in Gwalior was truly kaminapan .

I agree with every point Charlie made

Intense.. Including that of Sakshi should be ashamed?

Yep agree on that too.

+1 vote

The real winner of two world cups for india, the man who did all the hard work and credit was taken away from him later.

answered May 22 by Intense Director (127,892 points)

Charlie and Rancho csk won't win the ipl.

Dhoni Is Also A Mini Choker In A Way
Lost 4 Out Of 6 IPL Finals Also Lost In 3 Out Of 6 Icc Tournament knockout Matches

Fact

I can get on the fact csk will choke in the finals. Srh will liftthe title. Yesterday had Rashid bowled the last overs csk would have lost.

I Want Srh Or RR To Win

Related questions

+9 votes
2 answers 63 views
+5 votes
3 answers 81 views
81 views asked Apr 11, 2015 in Sports Related by Baazigar All Time best! (283,143 points)
+3 votes
1 answer 60 views