Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

66,014 questions

247,213 answers

301,242 comments

396 users

Vaani Kapoor to play female lead in Ranbir Kapoor’s Shamshera?

+1 vote
After leaving us awestruck with his transformation in Rajkumar Hirani's Sanju, Ranbir Kapoor is all set to push the envelope further with his next Yash Raj film, Shamshera.

Apart from sharing the first look poster, the makers also released a motion poster which shows Ranbir as a dacoit carrying an axe and a quiver of arrows.

And now, the makers have apparently zeroed in on a female lead. Vaani Kapoor, who was last seen in Befikre (2016), is expected to be the female protagonist in the film, according to a report in BollywoodLife. An official confirmation is yet to come from Vaani.

Talking about the film, Ranbir said, "Shamshera is exactly the film I was looking for. While growing up watching Hindi commercial cinema, I had an image of what a film hero should be doing. Shamshera allows me to do everything that I had imagined and its a very exciting project for me. Karan is going to take me completely out of my comfort zone and Im looking forward to this challenge."

Shamshera is set to go on the floors by the end of this year and shooting will wrap by mid 2019
Source Link: https://www.indiatoday.in/amp/movies/bollywood/story/vaani-kapoor-to-play-female-lead-in-ranbir-kapoor-s-shamshera-1232249-2018-05-12
asked May 13 in Opinion by Intense Producer (117,890 points)
91% Accept Rate

Well she's hot, beautiful and I would definitely give her a role in anything she wants

@intense...only the people who've gave them contract of three movies and are their godfather in the industry. a . k . a aditya chopra
some people are stubborn and are in denial...... and adi chopra is that guy.... he might have seen something in her...and thought she's the next big thing.

like how he made befikre with the mind that this will be new age DDLJ,

Yes it's being stubborn only. The girl is not good looking nor can she act. Adi chopra must be seeing something special in her

5 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

2 Event movies back to back by Yrf.
That too after Befikre
Seems like ADI is highly impressed by her, something is brewing between them.
Chalo iss bahane ladki ka career ban jayega .
Mutual understanding between them

answered May 13 by Roman Camera Operator (10,249 points)
selected May 19 by Intense

Bhai Iss Tarha Is Career Agar Ban Jaata Toh Salman Katrina ke saath saath aur bhi kai ladkiyon ka career bana deta.
Galaxy Apartment mei line laga rehti hai heroines ki.

But Talent Also Matters!

Yes katrina mein bahut talent man

katrina main talent nahe but before she became famous she had already featured in at least 6-7 biggest movies of her time....
MPKK, WELCOME, SINGG IS KINGG, PATNER, NAMASTE LONDON,
vaani can also become next katrina if she features continuously in many big budget extravaganza movies.

Katrina is most beautiful actress
Best Female Dancer
She is excellent in action scenes
Aur kya chahiye?
Katrina se kam se kam average acting kar hi leti hai
So She is talented enough Hence Will End Her Career as one of the biggest female stars and one of the most successful actress of all time.

Vaani na looks na dance mei aur na hi acting mei katrina se btr hai

+1 vote

if it's a big YRF movie then Aditya will definitely try to get Vaani in there, unless the star is big and wants his own "friend" to have the role, for example Fatima in ToH, Katrina in TZH.

answered May 13 by mr.hola Unit Manager (39,857 points)

There is something between him and vaani. Or else who would give her a role in such big movies?she's been considered for HR tiger movie too.

definitely there's something. otherwise she didn't make an impact in her first movie and even after another chance in Befikre, she made no impact, only got trolled.

but she is already a part of the HR-Tiger movie, and will probably be in Shamshera too.

it doesn't make sense, many actresses would have given an arm and a leg to be in the HR-Tiger movie, and it's not supposed to be that significant of a role, mostly involves dancing, Katrina would have been perfect.

It's Official - Vaani Kapoor joins Shamshera opposite Ranbir Kapoor.
+1 vote

not interestedddddddd.......... at all.
ranbir kapoor has made only one image in mind that....he's a tragedy actor.. dont care about his other movies..... vaani kapoor or not.
shamshera isn't interesting enough to hold my attention.

answered May 14 by Grand Nova Star (148,741 points)
0 votes

It Seems Vaani Has Made Adiya Chopra Fully Happy And Satisfied Him To The Extent That He Is Giving Her Such Big Projects

answered May 13 by Rancho Production Accountant (25,858 points)

There's something between them else 2 big projects back to back sounds fishy
Still vaani completely surrendered herself to Aditya during befikre from surgery to all those steamy scenes.

Well She Has To Surrender Thats How Things Work In Bollywood Not from Today But Since The Time Movies Are Made Heroines Have To Surrender In Front Of Influencial Actors/Directors/Producers.
They have to blame their own greed as well for that surrender.

But Feel Bad For surgery part Aditya Spoiled a Natural beauty!

0 votes

Another crap would be coming. Vaani getting this movie because some benefit and satisfaction for Yrf.

answered May 13 by Ajay Casting Director (16,441 points)

Related questions

+2 votes
2 answers 101 views
+7 votes
1 answer 97 views