Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

66,014 questions

247,213 answers

301,242 comments

396 users

Aamir Khan on Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak: Was convinced my work won’t be appreciated much

+1 vote
Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak gave a blockbuster launchpad to Aamir Khan but the superstar reveals that he was critical of his work in the film and unhappy with his performance. The romantic-drama, released on April 29, 1988, was a modern-day take on the classic tragic love story Romeo and Juliet. The film featured Khan and Juhi Chawla and went on to become one of the biggest hits.

To celebrate the film’s 30 years, a special screening was held last night where Khan, along with director Mansoor Khan, music duo Anand Milind and other cast and crew were present.

“When I see my work I don’t like it. I feel it could’ve been much better. Especially in this film, I loved Juhi’s work. She was bang on, fantastic, natural. I was very raw. Some scenes I did ok, some I didn’t and fumbled,” Khan said at the event.

The Dangal star quipped he is ready to “reshoot” the film because he does not consider his performance good in it. “I was convinced, when the film releases, people will love Juhi and my work won’t be appreciated much because I also didn’t like my work. I was very unhappy with my work, I still am. But people liked it! May be I was fortunate,” he said.

Dalip Tahil, who played Chawla’s elder brother in the film, recalled how he said yes to the movie almost immediately when producer-filmmaker Nasir Hussain narrated the script to him.
Source Link: http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/qayamat-se-qayamat-tak-aamir-khan-juhi-chawla-5175233/
asked May 13 in Opinion by Intense Producer (117,890 points)
91% Accept Rate

edited May 13 by Intense

Edit In The Post Is Needed.
Same Points are repeated, may be error in copy paste!

Bro did from mobile, it's corrected now.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer

QSQT was a landmark Movie Of Bollywood It Brought Back Era Of Romantic Films In Bollywood and Gave 4 Big Names To The Industry i.e, Aamir Juhi Udit and Alka.

This Classic Blockbuster Is Most Remembered For Being Debut Film Of Legendry Aamir Khan Who Became An Overnight Star With His Debut Film A Feat Which Very Few Have Achieved.

Aamir Is Mr. Perfectionalist So He May Find Flaws In His Performance But Audience Didnt Find Any Flaw Hence He Became Very Popular After His 1st Film Specially Girls Became Crazy For His Chocolaty Boy Looks.

Juhi Chawla Even Said That Aamir Took Away All Limelight

http://forums.itsboxoffice.com/631914/blast-past-talks-about-aamir-became-star-after-qsqt-didnt-much

Articles Were Written On How Nation Has Found Its Next Megastar Such Was Aamir's Craze

http://forums.itsboxoffice.com/632305/throwback-articles-on-aamir-during-early-days-of-his-career

answered May 13 by Rancho Production Accountant (25,858 points)
selected May 19 by Intense

Yep. And then 1989 and 1991 gave us two more megastars. 25 plus years and still going strong.

Yes Legendry Khan Trio

Related questions

+2 votes
2 answers 85 views
+7 votes
3 answers 156 views
156 views asked Apr 29, 2016 in Actors by Boxofficemaan Assistant Director (43,561 points)