Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

65,953 questions

247,002 answers

300,801 comments

396 users

Decoding Dharmendra: 6 Blockbusters, 7 Super Hits & 36 Hits: KOIMOI

+2 votes
Dharmendra has been a part of around 93 successful films (Average or above) out of which, 49 were HIT FILMS, the HIGHEST EVER FOR A BOLLYWOOD ACTOR.

Very few people know and believe that Dharmendra was paid more than Amitabh Bachchan for Sholay and the film initially was promoted as a Dharmendra film, as he was a much bigger and popular star than Bachchan at that point of time. However, over the years Bachchan’s legacy created the perception of Sholay riding solely on his star-power.

The actor infact holds two unique records:
1. Superstar with maximum hit films
2. Superstar with maximum flop films

PS: Due to massive magnitude of releases, and limited availability of data, we might have missed out on a couple of hit films starring Dharmendra in lead, and he well might be the FIRST and ONLY star in the history of Bollywood to have delivered more than 50 HIT films. Even by this list, if we have not missed out on any film, Yamla Pagla Deewana Phir Se stands a solid chance to emerge Dharmendra’s 50th HIT film.

Full Article: http://www.koimoi.com/bollywood-news/decoding-dharmendra-6-blockbusters-7-super-hits-36-hits-defines-man-bollywood/amp/
asked May 11 in Box Office Related by Rancho Production Accountant (25,713 points)
100% Accept Rate

Thanks bhai maine bas apna honest prediction diya saare bade superstars ke career end tak ke stats aur ranking par.

I Hope Ki 2021 Tak Saara Update ho jaaye 1931 se lekar 2021 Tak Yahi best year rahega bcz Alam Ara Jo ki 1st Talking Feature Film Thi uske 90 years Pure Ho Jayeinge Toh BOI ko uss film se lekar 2021 Tak ki saari Hindi Films ki Puri detail deni chahiye aur jo bhi male aur female stars bane bollywood mei abtak unki puri filmography updated honi chahiye.
Uske saath hi BOI ko abtak ke saare box office update of actors/actress plus star rankings bhi updated rakhni chahiye.

BOI must be a complete package Of Information for all Hindi movies and Hindi Cinema Actors/Actress.

BOI said their site will be updated in few years so will wait for that!

In the previous article Rajendra Kumar was hinted to be above Kaka by Boi

Yes Shah bro But I dont know on what basis They Did so Earlier I also read them rating Dev Anand Ahead Of Kaka But In One Of Their Q and A They called kaka among biggest superstars due to giving 9 big hits in span of 18 months. So BOI is confusing me.

I cant consider anyone ahead of kaka except for 3 khans Amit Dharam and Dilip.

Rajinder Kumar and Dev Anand Would have
Hits Less Than Kaka
Blockbusters less Than Kaka

Then What criteria have they chosen To Rank Them Ahead Of Rajesh Khanna

In that article Rajesh Khanna's Name Must Have Been There Instead Of Rajinder Kumar.
Rest What BOI said was correct To Be Among Greats You Must Have 25 Hits and Among Them a considerable number of big grossers (big hits) As well I agree with them and its also true Salman is ahead of Both Srk and Aamir in That Regard. Though I feel Aamir will surely cross Srk in terms of box office in future.

I dont Think Rajinder kumar and Dev Anand with all due respects to them will have more than 20 hits or 8 Blockbusters in career.
Whereas Rajesh Khanna will have around 25 hits and 10 Blockbusters plus even in terms of popularity he is ahead Dev Anand And Rajinder Kumar.

He just lags behind othere in terms of Span Of Superstardom.

Rajesh Khanna will ever be amongst greatest stars

2 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

dhramji list is almost right apart from few disaster likes of trinetra, teesri aankh,neela aakash dream girl and raj tilak . and most important INSAF KA TARZU was not a dhramendra movie.

answered May 12 by nitesh singh Set Decorator (1,560 points)
selected May 12 by Rancho
+1 vote

underrated ...massively underrated i would say.
in those old days they all made rooted massy movies..... and all those big hits are these massy movies.... those days are over.... and now with salman khan ....after he retires.... massy or universal movies are going to be permanently over. unless tiger shroff endures.

answered May 12 by Grand Nova Star (148,507 points)

Dharmendra did a lot of shitty movies too. Only quantity and less of quality.

till 70s he was very good, in 80s only few movie like gulami, hukumat and hatyaar achi movies thi.,he has given very few good movies in 80s decade.in above article kuch disaster ko bhi writer ne bina work kiye hua hit or superhit likha hai, even insaf ka taraju is a raj babbar movie . etna bada mistake koimoi jaisa site kaise kar sakta hai. i like dharmji for his 70s movie like of dost, sholay, mgmd, pratigya,chupke chupke,jeevan mirtyu and jugnu etc.mane pehle bhi inki galti pakdi thi to himeshji ne kaha sahi kar dunga per abhi bhi nahi sahi kiya hai.

Related questions

+4 votes
4 answers 166 views
+3 votes
3 answers 196 views
196 views asked Apr 19 in Box Office Related by Rancho Production Accountant (25,713 points)
+1 vote
3 answers 133 views
133 views asked May 8, 2017 in Box Office Related by Baazigar All Time best! (283,032 points)