Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

66,014 questions

247,213 answers

301,242 comments

396 users

Armyman to drag Akshay Kumar & Twinkle Khanna to court for Rustom uniform auction.

+1 vote
When Akshay Kumar announced that he was auctioning the "actual naval officer uniform" he wore in the film Rustom for charity, he rubbed many people the wrong way. His wife, Twinkle Khanna, who shared his tweet, also drew their ire.

Lt Col Sandeep Ahlawat was one of the loudest voices of dissent, and slammed Twinkle in a Facebook post for her "nauseating idea" and wrote that what Akshay wore in Rustom was merely "a piece of costume and not uniform".

Now, Ahlawat and his batchmates will file a PIL (Public Interest Litigation) in the Bombay High Court against Akshay and Twinkle for besmirching the sanctity of an uniform by attempting to sell a piece of film memorabilia as an "actual naval officer uniform".

Recently, when Akshay was asked to comment on the controversy at an event, he said, "I support my wife on that matter. I and my wife are doing some work with good intention for a good cause. That was a costume that I used in the film. It is going for (auction for) a good cause. I do not think we have done anything wrong."

Ahlawat emphasised in his Facebook post that the uniform was "not a piece of cloth that a producer hands over to cinestars for enacting roles and make some quick bucks".

It is not the costume going under the hammer that those opposing this decision are fighting against, but wrongfully advertising it as an "actual naval officer uniform".

In another Facebook post, Ahlawat wrote those in the armed forces were "touchy" when it came to "the wrongful representation of military uniform and regalia".
Source Link: https://www.indiatoday.in/amp/movies/bollywood/story/armyman-to-drag-akshay-twinkle-to-court-for-rustom-uniform-auction-1229317-2018-05-09
asked May 9 in General by suhas All Time best! (255,715 points)
99% Accept Rate

In an unprecedented move, 21 individuals including 11 serving Army officers, 1 from IAF, seven retired officers, have sent a legal notice to @akshaykumar, his wife @mrsfunnybones and auction house over #Rustom 'uniform' auction controversy @adgpi @DefenceMinIndia

4 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

Deshbhakti kaam na aayi, kisi se ab kya kehna..!!

answered May 11 by THUNDER BIRD Mega Star (203,797 points)
selected May 16 by suhas
+1 vote

Then army men.. please donate the same amout that would have come after selling “costume”

There are issues with the country and then there are people who focus on this stuff

answered May 9 by Seinfeld Camera Operator (8,683 points)
0 votes

Akshay thinks that being an RSS guy he can do anything.. Wrong.

answered May 9 by Charlie runkle™ Director (121,948 points)
0 votes

Jai Indian Army Jai Hindustan.

answered May 11 by Ajay Casting Director (16,441 points)

Related questions

+7 votes
3 answers 291 views
291 views asked Jun 28, 2014 in Actors by Mast Maula Assistant Director (47,994 points)