Logging in Errors
All the Articles, images, and other info shared here by the community, are copyrighted to their owners. No copyright infringement is ever intended by Its Box Office, or by the community. If you have any issues with the content used, please use the feedback section to reach us.

65,953 questions

247,002 answers

300,801 comments

396 users

Khudgarz To Karan Arjun To Krrish 3: Decoding Rakesh Roshan’s Success As A Director At The Box-Office!- KOIMOI

0 votes
The veteran director is currently busy with the pre-production of Krrish 4, which is expected to go on floors next year. As he gears up for his 14th Directorial, here is a glance at successful films directed by him:

Krrish 3: Blockbuster
Krrish:Blockbuster
Koi Mil Gaya: Super Hit
Kaho Na Pyaar Hai: Blockbuster
Karan Arjun:Blockbuster
Kishen Kanhaiya: Super Hit
Khoon Bhari Mang: Super Hit
Khudgarz: Hit

PS: While Koyla was an average grosser, Rakesh Roshan’s Karobaar was stuck in production for over 8 years before it finally released in 2000. The film eventually flopped at the Box-Office. Objectively speaking, if we exclude Karobaar, out of the 12 films directed by Rakesh Roshan, 8 of them are clean hits, whereas one is an average grosser. Merely, 3 films by the veteran director have flopped at the ticket window.

FULL ARTICLE: http://www.koimoi.com/bollywood-news/khudgarz-to-karan-arjun-to-krrish-3-decoding-rakesh-roshans-success-as-a-director-at-the-box-office/
asked May 8 in Box Office Related by Rancho Production Accountant (25,713 points)
100% Accept Rate

edited May 8 by Rancho

3 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

I must say its an excellent record for Rakesh who has come a long way as a director with back to back successful movies He reinvented himself when he started doing Koi Mil Gaya by trying something unique which audiences have never experienced before followed by Krrish as well. His mindset as a director has improved since then and I think he's reached that level where he is aware today's audiences as to what they want to see. Hope he's ready for Krrish 4 because he has utilised Hrithik's stardom very well since Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai and it may be a 9th success in a row if this film becomes a Blockbuster.

I've read the last paragraph regarding Koyla although I'm not sure why this film was a declared an Average at the BO. However, Karobaar Flopped at the BO because it was delayed for so many years which started around 1993 or 1994 then released in 2000.

answered May 8 by Nikeel Production Designer (15,274 points)
selected May 8 by Rancho

Not 9th success in a row it will be 7th success in a row and that can happen even with average verdict.
Overall it will be 10th success for him in his 14th Film Which will be huge and He is relevant from 1980s till now that itself is a big thing.
If krish 4 also becomes a big hit then it will be 5th consecutive big hit of Rakesh-Hritik Pair!

–2 votes

I wonder that with such a mega powerful calculator he has, how does he even have a single flop movie..??

answered May 8 by THUNDER BIRD Mega Star (203,738 points)

Calculator or not he has an amazing record.

–2 votes

Amazing record. His next challenge is to make movies according to the tastes of audiences today. And keep his calculator away

answered May 8 by Intense Producer (117,339 points)

First one can be done, second one, no chance lol

Agree. Btw who gave these downvotes ? Aisa kya bola ?

Related questions

+5 votes
6 answers 329 views
+7 votes
2 answers 89 views